Forum Index > News and Announcements > 1/14/2014 - Winter Festival Feedback
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Donmino
Level 70
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 74
Posted: 1/14/2014 at 5:08 PM Post #11
Can I perhaps mention the avatar boxes? I loved them, but I felt that I found way too many, way too easily, especially considering how easy it already was to get tokens to buy the avatar items in the shop. It might be nice if the boxes see a lower spawn/gift rate next year, if they are put into play at all.

Edit because wow I feel really bad for only saying one negative thing;; I absolutely adored the wf! The theme variations were lovely, the named battles were a lot of fun, and the forum games were phenomenal :D A lot of effort was put into the festival to make it work as well as it did, and I appreciate that a lot. I'm super excited for the wf next year~
Edited By Donmino on 1/14/2014 at 11:41 PM.
Anactaka
Level 67
The Artistic
Threads: 10
Posted: 1/14/2014 at 5:13 PM Post #12
So glad you're going to make those changes to the wheel idea! :D Useful is always good. Why pay 50 diamonds for a ticket when you know you're gonna get something useless to you... Very good idea.
Snowdoll
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 56
Posted: 1/14/2014 at 5:18 PM Post #13
This made me giggle. xD Kissing booth sounds like a great idea!

Anyways as for the Winter Festival, I think it went pretty well overall! :) I enjoyed the caroling the most. XD It was exciting to see what rank I was in after coming back from work, I set a goal and ALMOST made it. Next year I plan on being in the top 20 ;D

I agree with Diablo though, the boss fight was very... long. It took me FOREVER to defeat her. xD maybe next year we can have multiple bosses or..shorten this fight. XD

I only played the wheel three times.. (not sure if that's a lot to people or not) But I got very small prizes. I read up on it prior to playing so I guess I wasn't as disappointed as some people were.

The pets, were...AWESOME. I didn't get many but the ones I did were great :D The release of griffi's really caught me off guard. Out of all of the things I thought the next pet could be, a griffin-like creature was the last thing I thought it would be. I didn't like them at first, but I've grown to love them.

Maybe next year we can have a Festival Advent Calender too. Where we have the Calender for the WHOLE festival, giving out little prizes each day and if you are on for a consecutive number of days you get bigger ones.
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 1/14/2014 at 5:32 PM Post #14
I had a problem with 'door to door.' I wanted to gift my friend; sounds reasonable? But I couldn't after the first time because both my door and their door had over 200 people.
Would love if I could gift friends without this dilemma. :(

Also, once again, too many clicks for both titles. As such, I did not really participate in door to door. Not enough incentive.
Edited By Taptothebeat on 1/14/2014 at 5:32 PM.
Bennie
Level 57
The Jolly
Threads: 10
Posted: 1/14/2014 at 5:50 PM Post #15
Overall, I really liked the festival, for basically the same reasons that have been said already!

I'm a newer player and this was my first holiday, but the frequency of holiday pets did feel really low. Hunting around would have been more fun if all the non-festival pets (aka all non-Griffi, in this case) had gotten some kind of color scheme to make them special. You'd still have, say, hot chocolate zolnixi, but instead of having most of the other zolnixi be randomized colors, give them a randomized assortment of colors from a short, festival-themed list and a more generic name under their genetics, like "winter festival [insert species here]"

On a less fanciful note: I first went into the zone with level 20 sylesti, and it was really, painfully hard until my pets hit level 40. I was routinely triggering battles every other step, and sometimes multiple times attempting to move a single square. Even escaping every other battle, it could take up to fifteen minutes to make it from one side of a screen to the other, by which point my pets were too low on health to continue going safely.

For a normal map, the rate seemed just right to be challenging, but for somewhere special and fun for other reasons, it was just frustrating. Making the un-skippable fight ratio lower for festival maps would reduce that - or just giving a number of steps after a won fight with a run-away chance of almost 100%
Kaufee
Level 70
The Perfectionist
Threads: 110
Posted: 1/14/2014 at 6:00 PM Post #16
Overall, I was very pleased with the Winter Festival, I think if I prefer the Fall Festival over it at all that is because the capturable pet variations for FF were a little more desirable to me, but other than that, I feel like it was all very well done.

The Wheel of Festive Cheer was actually awesome. I was endlessly frustrated with it when I wasn't getting the pet prizes, but the was only because the alternatives I was getting were scanners and test kits. I know that there need to be common prizes, but perhaps they can be avi items or the other festival pet variations in the zone, just so that the prizes are specific to the event and in the future will be more rare because they are no longer available. I know this is coming from someone who won a wheel pet, but I feel like it is important that the wheel pets stay as rare as they were, as it makes them so special.

The Ice Queen event was 12389767124 times better than the Horseman, in my opinion. The fact that the bandits dropped presents and tickets made them something I WANTED to kill, and not just something I needed to plow through to get to the queen. Very awesome decision there. c:

The only other thing I wanted to mention was perhaps that I am curious to see what kind of festival variations are available for the valentines festival, only because, much like the Festive pets from WF, I feel like a set of all pink pets would be a little disappointing to me. I do think that one set should be appropriately lovey-dovey, but also that a second variation like the other WF variation is definitely a good idea. Of course that might just be because I'm not a huge fan of pink.

Anyway, it was clear to me that the festival had a lot of thought put into it, after seeing the way that things went down for the FF, and I am both impressed with the effort put into improving the festival experience but also with the clear amount of dedication you guys have to us as a userbase. I definitely appreciate it, and I know everyone else does too.

You guys are great, and I can't wait to see what else you come up with! c:
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 1/14/2014 at 6:19 PM Post #17
"Would the other levels of pets be the same theme or different?"

Probably the same theme, but I don't think we can say for certain until we actually make it.
Yukihoshika
Level 60
The Tender
Threads: 24
Posted: 1/14/2014 at 6:24 PM Post #18
I've come up with my own idea with caroling and door to door game that can be found here http://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=9912 Everything went along fantastically and I look forward to then next festival! :3
Quetzaloe
Level 70
The Tactician
Threads: 48
Posted: 1/14/2014 at 6:30 PM Post #19
I had so much fun during this fest. I had joined during the end of fall fest so I am not able to compare it, but I had fun this time. There were some things that I had issues with, but nothing really important. Most of it had to do with my rotten luck *its REALLY bad*. I can't wait till February 10th!
Chidori
Level 60
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 109
Posted: 1/14/2014 at 6:53 PM Post #20
*Thinking* Alright...Feedback...I can do this! I CAN AND SHALL GIVE SOMETHING FOR YOU GUYS TO WORK OFF OF! XD

The one thing I really didn't like was how the two festivals were so close together, and for such an amount of time each. I know some people probably complained about it being to short, and that you guys have already said that you won't put them so close together again, but yeah. I just felt that I needed to bring that up. OwO"

And I'd love it if you would do a wider range of Forum Game's next time! I missed all of the Pick a door games and only made one, (Maybe two?) rounds of Franken Pet. -3-

And...uh...Yeah that's all I got. -_- Sorry I'm no help at all! (* Proceeds to grovel at your feet* I really loved the festival I really did I just needed time to recover from the Last one and from RL crap! Q^Q)
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.