Players 2,541 413
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,120 843
Generated 653,649 74
Captured 1,186,817 93
Bred 6,364,562 676
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Fantastic Fruity Festivities and Pride P...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Aelingalathynius
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 37
Posted: 6/2/2022 at 7:53 PM Post #1

UPDATE: These are being extended until the 16th to allow for any last minute entries~

Hello fellow Sylestians, it is officially June and thus LGBTQ+ Pride Month!! Unfortunately, if very understandably, due to the timing of the Spring Festival and Patriotic Event, Sylestia doesn't really have the time/space to have much pride fanfare. However, a miracle has occurred: my only remaining braincell has successfully bounced perfectly in a corner alla a windows screensaver and I have had,,, A Thought!!!

With the help of some VERY kind people, I am hosting some fun Pride themed activities for Sylestia to enjoy! This thread will be a masterpost with the links and some basic info about the games/activities, please bear with me as I set them all up - I'm hoping to have them all posted tomorrow.

Additionally, if anyone out there needs resources or to talk more in depth about any LGBTQ+ stuff, my DMs are always open and I'm working on assembling a list of some trustworthy sources for more info. I support any and all identities and sexualities - no neophobia or gatekeeping here

And lastly before the links/info, a huge thank you to everyone who helped make this possible, and to these people in particular for offering their pets and time ^^

~ Atriella ~
~ Fox ~
~ Tigress ~
~ Tisquares ~
~ Drowned ~
~ Hiraeth ~
~ Unstaeble ~
~ Lostinthyme ~
~ Mikazukichan ~
~ Catinheadlights ~

1) A raffle of various pride themed pets! Many of these are max stats or super stats and cover a wide range of flag designs. Details on the exact options for these pets will be on the forum. This raffle is free to enter, with one entry per player. I plan to draw 20 winners for this - to enter, write a post (can be just a sentence) about a positive experience you've had related to being in the LGBTQ+ community (if you're an ally, a post about a relative, friend, fellow sylestian, etc. is fine^^)

2) Pride Avatar Dress Up Contest! This will work the same way the site ones do for each seasonal fest, but Pride themed rather than Spring/Winter/etc. I do request that you post the flag(s) you base the avi on with the avi, as there are a LOT of flags and many look similar. Feel free to do multiple flags in one design, do your own flags, your favorite color scheme ones, etc.

3) Sylestia Pride Art Contest! Open to any medium (crochet, sculpting, floral arrangement, baked goods, you name it), digital or traditional. Feel free to make something with your pets, pride themed pets, you and your friends' avis doing something pride related, etc! I don't intend to be overly nitpicky with what counts as "sylestia" and "pride" related, but feel free to ping me with questions on the thread (or here) if you want to be extra careful.

4) Pride Design Contests! Tigress and Fox have generously offered to provide several regen pets for a design contest - this one will be split into 2 as Fox's regen venes come with their own specific terms. Species for these are Lupora, Ny'vene, Puffadore and Lunemara - as with the avi design, any and all pride flag designs are welcome! Please see each forum for specifics regarding traits, prizes and permissions.

I will do my best to have all the links to the actual activity forums up tomorrow, along with the details on prizes and exact rules. All of these will end July 9th at 11:59pm (one week after the end of Pride month).
I hope this will be an unnecessary note but: I do reserve the right to disqualify people for failure to follow rules or rudeness to other players in the contests, and I will report anyone breaking TOS or being hateful.

Happy Pride Month Sylestia!!

Edited By Aelingalathynius on 7/11/2022 at 6:41 PM.
Apollothenixiqueen
Level 75
Wondrous Witch
Threads: 72
Posted: 6/3/2022 at 1:43 PM Post #2
Hey can I use the new Pan colors or do I have to use the old ones?
Aelingalathynius
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 37
Posted: 6/3/2022 at 3:29 PM Post #3
Hi all - I answered Zex's question via PM but am going to post my stance here as well, since it affects the avi + regen contests.

Apparently, there has been some recent discourse regarding the Pansexual flag - eg the pink, yellow, blue design. I looked into it and was initially alarmed because I saw accusations of le$bophobia ($ so it doesn't get censored), but upon further investigation these are complaints that the original creator of the current pan flag supports bi/pan lesbians.

For those who don't know, bi/pan lesbian is a label used either by people indicating separate romantic/sexual attractions, or by bi/pan people to indicate that they are solely or primarily attracted to feminine presenting/femme people. It is in no way le$bophobic to use the term to mean either - it is merely a term some use to describe their own identities in a way that feels most comfortable to them. If anyone has more questions about bi/pan lesbians, please feel free to PM me and I'll direct you to some resources with more information.

This is the "new" flag being proposed. The sole reason people are giving is that the original creator supports bi/pan lesbians, and some discourse about what is "allowed" at pride (that discourse I will not be getting into on Sylestia, but regardless, I don't see it as a reason to discontinue use of a community's flag). People supporting it have been describing bi/pan lesbians as "gross", "appropriating lesbianism", etc. etc.

I'll be honest with y'all, I have very little patience for flag discourse in general - so much of it boils down to people just arguing over minutiae and it is utterly exhausting. I'm also doing my best to be as inclusive as humanly possible for this contest - I don't want anyone feeling they aren't welcome or represented by the activities I'm offering. However, the hurtful language towards bi/pan lesbians, which honestly imo borders on being bi/panphobic, really makes me uncomfortable as a bisexual person.

For these reasons, I am asking that this "new" flag is also NOT used in any of the design contests - I'll link this post to their rules as well. There are other alternate pan flags without such hurtful discourse around them - https://www.lgbtqia.wiki/wiki/Pansexual has them listed. I apologize if this is an issue for anyone, and please feel free to PM me with any concerns you have.
Littlemidna
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 6
Posted: 6/3/2022 at 7:01 PM Post #4
1. Thank you for hosting this and to everyone contributing to the festivities <3
I would like to claim the raffle entry.
**Afternote, fever fog is real so I'm hoping my gush makes sense, but if not I'll edit later when no longer sick lol

I've been pretty lucky in my experiences. I've made some of the most amazing friends through the community. I love how most of us can literally connect on so many levels just by saying "I'm xyz (insert any part of LGBTQIA+)". I find that the community in it's entirety is just full of creativity, life, and sooo much kindness. Granted I've not been in a ton of heathy or long relationships, but almost all of the best ones have been LGBTQIA+ and I remain friends with those people. I feel like there's more emotional maturity and understanding(again in my experience) within the community. Also! It's hard to be yourself and be out sometimes and we all have so much courage whether we're out openly or just to ourselves. It's the bravest thing when you can admit something to yourself that usually changes your life. I love all of yous <3
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 6/4/2022 at 6:51 PM Post #5
Nothing to do with any of the actual festivities, but I have to share this lup that showed up in the fest zone and I just had to catch. Almost perfect bi colours~

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.