Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Themed and Project pets
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Infitlizards
Level 73
The Perfectionist
Threads: 22
Posted: 5/31/2022 at 1:23 AM Post #1
so i get some pets are themed, shown by the little tittle and star in their info and i understand that most (if not all?) of these designs seem to be created by players and i've noitced some people talking about project pets which they give names and speific colour palettes like the themed pets? Are these also conisdered a themed pet just a 'non-offical' themed? is there any acutal point to creating or owning these are then liking the design?

i've been messing around with the generator and created a design i really liked and was going to attempt to breed in my first ever project but i wasn't sure if i could count this as a themed pet or what exactly i'd call it? i've tried looking through some of the players guides and the design discution board but i coulnd't really find an awnser to my question
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 5/31/2022 at 2:16 AM Post #2
Project pets are just any pets that are created via doing a project (extended period of breeding generations to get traits and/or stats)

Some projects are themed projects, and end with PB themed pets- for example, this guy is a pb max stat+6vis Sunbather Gazania nyte project (excuse him not having been regenned, you can see he's 12 tp though)

Meanwhile, this guy is an unthemed/non-pb 6v max stat, from parents dyed to achieve the final project colouration

Unthemed Projects having names is a matter of personal choice, but is used to help keep track of them in the stables and breeding grounds, and make for more clarity in the forums when selling them- that this pet that is being sold will be of the specific colour, and likely have [insert traits]

Some personal projects are theme designs that didn't get picked, so the player decides to make them themself- that's another reason why they can have names

I personally have my Magmatic Sungazers (again, forgive the naked, I made these guys pre-nyte revamp and trying to decide what to do with their regen is Too Hard, with the changes to their prior traits/colour slots. This is what this one looked like pre-revamp), which are pb pre-200 mana max stat 3v Sunbather Gazanias bred from a dyed pair. They're called that because that's what we saved the original idea as in the generator, since it's a modified version of the Sunbather Gazania colourset

Non-themed/Non-PB Project pets are not called Themed pets by anyone so far as I know, they're just Personal Projects.
Pets that are PB descended from dyed parents may or may not be sold on basis of original theme, not entirely sure what people do there, since dyed themes and pets descended from them can be Reverted to their original theme palette
People make them because they like them and want to own the final result, people buy them if they like them (and if the original owner actually sells any- I personally didn't really make my Magmatic Sungazers to sell, I just saw an idea that I liked form in my minds eye and the generator and went for it because I was like "Oh, pretty, I Wanna make that, actually".)

(also, most Festival themes are player made, but sometimes there are admin designs- especially Majestic themes, and like, 99% of non-seasonal-fest themes- and some designs are player made but edited and/or species swapped by the admins)
Infitlizards
Level 73
The Perfectionist
Threads: 22
Posted: 5/31/2022 at 3:07 AM Post #3
thnakyou for that explination, thats makes a lot of sense now thankyou for explaining that for me :D
Ladyanki
Level 75
Fancy Pants
Threads: 6
Posted: 5/31/2022 at 3:12 PM Post #4
Themed pets are pets that are created for specific Festival at this site.
There is usually a design contest in forums for the new theme before the new fest starts, usually at the end of previous fest.
For example https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=102202. Naturally there is also an end date for the contes, so you can only enter when the time is right.

People also want to do designs and projects outside of the Theme design contests, but they arent real themes, since they arent made for the fests.
Shadowized
Level 75
Leaf Bender
Threads: 98
Posted: 6/4/2022 at 12:25 PM Post #5
If you have anymore questions about themes, I made a guide that explains the specifics of themes and includes all of the themed pets up until this year. It also has a link on it to the pre-tagged themes which are not as well known as the easier to see themed.

https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=91217&page=1#1

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.