Players 2,356 338
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,253,312 621
Generated 656,411 36
Captured 1,190,925 61
Bred 6,405,881 524
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Ideal Tank advice?
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Greenmann
Level 60
The Tender
Threads: 36
Posted: 1/11/2014 at 3:13 PM Post #1
Ok, so I want to turn one of my new level 60 Griffis into a tank for general knocking about. My current tank works well, but I was hoping to get some tips and advice about how to create a new tank, rather than just duplicating what I have. Specifics of what trees to use, what proficiencies to add in, armor etc for each build would be great.

Behrta, my current tank, seems to loose HP rather quickly, and I am constantly using potions to keep her health up. It's annoying, but I assume this is normal? She does a pretty good job of keeping the other two alive, except in boss fights where the boss tends to hit them all. So that is the purpose of a tank, right? lol.

I haven't gotten into the Arena stuff yet. If there is a specific build I should be trying for that too, that would be nice to know. I need to set up a level 25 group of pets for that though, to start...

Anyway, all advice and hints would be greatly appreciated, especially if you explain why you use a certain build, and for what.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 1/11/2014 at 7:01 PM Post #2
I've been wanting to research a better build for my tanks as well so I'm hesitant to go into proficiencies and skill points. I can tell you though that I asked Krin about what the best tanks are currently and he said that at the current level it's water and shadow. (Earth would be the best if we were at max levels.)

Looking at your current tank, I believe there are some gear issues. I'm not sure exactly what proficiency tree your tank is in. I'm assuming either earth or water. I would recommend assassin gear only for earth or water since these are builds that make use of the strength needed for attacks but also for the agility that gives physical mitigation, magical mitigation, avoidance, and quickness. If you use a shadow tank, I would recommend illusionist gear since the primary damage they give is magical and they need agility as well.

Also, be sure that the relic you use for a pet only has physical damage or magical damage and not both. If I recall correctly only physical damage or magical damage is used so stats in the weaker one are wasted.

If anyone sees anything wrong with this that they feel should be corrected, please speak up. I don't want to accidentally give out faulty information.
Greenmann
Level 60
The Tender
Posted: 1/12/2014 at 12:06 PM Post #3
@Savynn

Thank you so much! This is exactly the kind of info I'm looking for, though a little more specific wouldn't hurt either, lol...

Ok, so Behrta, as an example, is set up with these stats for now;

Health; 133
Strength; 3
Intel; 3
Dext; 6
Agil; 95

I have her skill tree in the Light section with 8 points in Health, One in Improved Beam, and 2 in Improved Fairy Light.

Her equipped are;

Rough Relic of the Asssin- Legendary
Physical AND Magical damage- 195

Health; 133
Mana; 8
Stngth; 27
Intel; 14
Dext; 14
Agil; 27

Rough Armor of the Myrmidon- Legendary

Health; 653
Mana; 16
Stngth; 45
Intel; 23
Dext; 45
Agil; 23

Rough Bracelet of the Assasin- Legendary

Health; 393
Mana; 8
Stngth; 67
Intel; 34
Dext; 34
Agil; 67

Rough Bracelet of the Warden- Epic

Health; 316
Mana; 6
Stngth; 27
Intel; 27
Dext; 54
Agil; 54

I know I need to upgrade these a little, especially the last bracelet, but I basically went off the best health stats I had when I equipped these. Looking that bracelet up on the Broker, there aren't any legendary ones listed, so would i be better going down to an epic Assassin bracelet or leaving it the way it is? Especially since neither of the ones on the Broker have any Physical (or Magical, for that matter) buff. I'd rather wait till i luck into finding what I need, I guess, lol.

Do those stats look like they are in the right places though? I'm tempted to redistribute the stats for one, and take the six out of Dexterity and put them into agility. Or possibly split them between Strength and Intel for the slight increase in Mitigation, but is the Mitigation from this better than that of Agility?

I spose i could just try it and see how it works *grin*
Electrifying
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 28
Posted: 1/13/2014 at 9:54 PM Post #4
About upgrading your equipement, I am currently using Legendary level 50 gear like you. It is hard to get Lengendary level 60 gear because the dungeons doesn't give them out, and you also cannot get them from completing hard level 50 missions. I don't think keeping them is bad.

Edit: Physical AND magical? You should replace it with something that is just magical. Even the epic level 50 relics have more damage if they only focus on one. (205 damage accourding to ones I have)

And if she is light, it would be better to give her equipment towards intelligence because the light proficiency deals magical damage. Downgrading to epic could be a better choice if it suits her role.
Edited By Electrifying on 1/13/2014 at 10:03 PM.
Greenmann
Level 60
The Tender
Posted: 1/13/2014 at 10:14 PM Post #5
That makes sense. I honestly was just going off tank=needs hitpoints, lol, didn't think about the skill tree needing Intelligence to be effective. I think I will definitely start looking for gear that suits that, and like you said, Legendary level 50 seems stronger than the level 60 stuff lots of times. Thanks for the input!
Electrifying
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 28
Posted: 1/13/2014 at 10:50 PM Post #6
Because of the relics, Tanks can also be pretty effective at doing damage as well. My tank has has 3x the health of my fighter, but she also have 66% of his damage.

Yeah, I don't think you can obtain level 60 mystic, since only dungeon bosses drop them.
Savynn
Level 75
Sweet Solver
Threads: 214
Posted: 1/14/2014 at 4:13 PM Post #7
Right now, lvl 50 mythics from the second dungeon are the best gear in the game. You can see them on my shadow tank here. Her gear is basically illusionist gear. If you're going to stick with a magic-based tank, I'd still consider going completely illusionist gear.

So we'll just look at relics here. The lvl 50 Revenant's Relic has 315 magical damage, 33 intelligence, and 33 agility. The next best is the lvl 50 Ethereal Adept Gladiator's Relic. It has 313 magical damage, 31 intelligence, and 31 agility. You can find the Gladiator gear for sale in the Arena but you have to earn Arena Marks to buy them there. There was a chance for lvl 60 legendary gear to drop from Tyrielle in the Winter Festival zone if you were max level. This gear had 305 magical damage, 31 intelligence, and 31 agility. After that would be the lvl 50 legendary gear.

Really, I would recommend running the second dungeon. There's a lot of nice loot you can vendor off. It can be difficult at first but as your gear improves and you understand the strategy for the fights you can do this dungeon daily for both profit and gear upgrades.
Greenmann
Level 60
The Tender
Posted: 1/15/2014 at 1:08 PM Post #8
I haven't completed that dungeon once yet, lol... I'll have to go back and try it again. Thanks so much for the advice on the gear! I'll definitely start looking harder for the right gear.

I'm also dabbling in the arena now, lol... but not having much luck. Still haven't managed to even beat the first opponent, lol. Oh well, I'll figure it out, lol.
Honeyb34r
Level 60
Threads: 10
Posted: 6/14/2014 at 11:40 PM Post #9
I was about to make my own thread but I saw this. I was wondering, why would anyone use anything BUT earth to tank? It's the only tree with a taunt at this stage in the game, and for enemies that don't always hit the whole party, that seems pretty important to me. While I see the appeal of shadow (for the self heal) I would rather use that tree for a self sustaining damager until later in the game when they get a taunt, because at present it doesn't provide any real protection for the rest of the party. I don't understand wind tanks at all. And the fire/light trees seem to be better served by a high damage output to best maximize their abilities. (I haven't heard of any water tanks yet....)

On a note more specific to you Greenmann, I think that if you're looking to add survivability to your tank switch from items that focus on strength to agility(you only have one item in your list that really puts agi before strength), since agility adds to both types of mitigation and to your avoidance it should help reduce how much and how hard you get hit. As long as your willing to sacrifice a little damage, that should help a lot.

Also as far as your proficiencies go, your one point in Improved Beam is pretty well wasted at this stage in the game, without reaching the 100% chance to heal, you're really only adding to damage with that, and that should be a tanks last priority. Adding more points to Fairy Light (since the wording seems to imply it always heals) or health would serve better I think. Especially since as far as I can see, the higher a pets health is the more its mend heals.

Note of Caution/Fair Warning: I'm still fairly new to this game, my information is based off of multiple mmorpgs I have played and tanked in. Most games with parties and tanks have the same general stat priorities and functionality. The specifics are based off of what I have read and observed myself thus far. If there is any flaw in my reasoning please correct me, for everyone's sake! lol :)
Divinis
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 30
Posted: 6/15/2014 at 8:56 AM Post #10
Since most enemies already attack the pet in the tank position, I don't find the taunt that useful. Shadow tanks are able to regenerate some health and therefore last longer without needing elixirs, AND they have the ability to resurrect themselves (rarely) with that same move. But honestly, at this stage of the game it doesn't seem to matter what proficiency you use, as long as you stack health, agility, and the pets main stat - it will be a successful tank. One of my arena teams' tank is wind just because my two attackers are magic, and I wanted the tiny bit of extra physical damage that slash provides. When the trees are redone, I'm sure this will change ;-) I will say I find earth tanks extremely hard to use in the arena where you cannot use elixirs because they just bleed health way too quickly.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.