Forum Index > General Discussion > Selling Pets Discussion
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Voidborn
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 20
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 4:56 PM Post #1
Hello! Starting off-- I'm very new to this website. I don't know how things have been or how the culture of the website is yet. I wanted to know generally how the deal about selling pets here goes. I have observed people selling all sorts of combos and rarities of pets for 1 gold all the way to hundreds of thousands of gold. I've looked at the threads of people selling pets and a majority go unresponded by others, even if they're selling really neat pets (6vis!) for crumbs. Is it generally really hard to sell any pets? I feel kind of bad just releasing all the pets I hatched because nothing will come of them; then again, if they don't provide any benefit for anyone, then I don't expect people to want to pay for them. It's making me start to not want to pick up eggs anymore, which was really exciting in the beginning, so I don't bring any unnecessary pets into the world just to yeet after they hatch.

I am having a blast here, though. I'm not complaining. I'm trying to buy up as many tabs in my stable as I can so I can keep some of them, but also have space for housing future generations of my originals.

I know this website has a lot of history, so I wanted to hear from people about this subject who have some insight and experience under their belts.
Edited By Voidborn on 3/19/2022 at 5:00 PM.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 3/19/2022 at 5:01 PM Post #2
Pets like max stats and themed 6v may sell if someone likes them but the market is mostly in tagged themed and super stats imo
Mikazukichan
Level 75
The Artistic
Threads: 313
Posted: 3/20/2022 at 11:44 AM Post #3
In general, randomly bred pets, or random tamed pets (whether found as an egg, or caught in the wild) aren't worth all that much, and tend not to be desired by most of the community.

As Kaitt said, tamed themed pets tend to be in more demand, though that also depends on species and specific theme. Less popular species, even when themes, may only go for 5-10k, especially if the theme itself isn't popular either. On the other hand, popular species with a rare or highly desired theme can go for literal millions of gold.

For bred pets, most of the time the money to be had is in completed projects (usually 4-6vis), whether themed or personal. These projects have a colour and trait end goal that is visibly pleasing. Depending on the breeder/seller, these completed projects can be listed for pretty much any amount of gold (whether they sell or not depends on whether someone else is interested, so a lot of the time project breeders will breed to order, rather than having a bunch of available offspring clogging up their stables). You can often find threads advertising completed projects and their prices in the pet marketplace.

The other type of bred pets that go for large amounts of gold are stat project pets. However, the creation of these pets can be difficult, time-consuming, and expensive. Max stat pets (all base stats at max: health = 2,000, mana = 200, strength, intelligence, dexterity, and agility = 100) tend to retail between 250k and 450k each, but usually take a year or more to breed between getting the look you want and then breeding the stats up (as there are so many options for max stats now, a randomly bred max isn't going to sell for much even though the stats are high). Because they take so long, and require a lot of resources to create (between stat philters, stat boosts, and dyes if the end result needs a recolour, nevermind the initial cost of pets to start the project), it is highly recommended that the offspring be infertilized before sale to protect the overall worth of max stats of that species as a whole (so someone can't just mass produce maxes without any effort put in and undersell the entire market).

The other set of stat pets are the Superstats. These are max stat pets that have been bred to pets caught in the lost grove that have extra stats on top of their base stats (the stats that come after the plus sign on their profiles). To get good superstats, generally you want to breed to a legendary lost grove pet, and a themed legendary is even better, if you can get access to one. However, given that the grove pet will have very low base stats, it can take literal hundreds of breedings to get one decent superstat. And if you don't own the LG pet you are breeding to, that easily turns into millions of gold paid in breeding fees just to get one pet for a pair. For this reason, it's not unusual to see superstat pets retail for over 1 million gold each.

Finally, there is one more set of pets that is starting to sell for a pretty penny, and it is the most time-consuming of them all: fully ranked battle pets. So far these have mostly been superstat pets that have been trained to level 75 and taken to rank 5 of all five of their attacks. The price tag on such pets at the moment is about 7 million gold each, which makes sense given the price of super stats (whether bred up by the person training, or purchased with the intent to train, then resell).

So, I guess what I'm saying is that the price of a sylesti usually relates to one of two things (if not both at the same time) : rarity or effort. If it's not rare and/or took little effort to produce, it tends not to be worth very much.
Mysticalhexanes
Level 74
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 11
Posted: 4/19/2022 at 11:18 PM Post #4
Hello there,

What the others have said here seems to be pretty true from what I've seen on this site and in similar games to this one -- if it is a rare Pet (Themed, 6 visible Traits and good colors, having Restricted Traits, etc.) or a Pet that took a lot of time/effort to create, it will probably be worth more than a basic Pet that someone caught as-is from the wild.

Pretty much any Sylestia player can go to Trollsblight Caverns right now, for example, and Explore until they find an abandoned Egg or a wild Pet to catch. But you can't make an Exclusive Pet with a full set of visible Traits just appear out of thin air.

That being said, if you search carefully enough and have patience, it's possible to find a market for just about anything. Tamed Pets and Eggs may be relatively easy to come by, but they can be the building blocks of something greater, for players who have breeding projects...

For example, I myself collect a lot of first-generation Sylesties, many of them purchased for cheap from other players. I then breed them together to try to get custom 6-Vis Pets that I will then recolor to my liking. (So, if you find any more Eggs while you're out exploring, I would certainly be interested in giving them a look!) And I am probably not the only player out there who collects Tamed Pets for breeding projects.

Sometimes you won't get a sale right away on your common Pets and Eggs, but it doesn't mean there isn't anyone interested whatsoever. It's up to you how long you're willing to wait or how hard you're willing to work to find homes for those Pets, and even if you sell them for cheap, you may not always see results. With limited stable space at any given time, sometimes players just aren't willing to take in every Pet they see, even if they like it.

It's certainly an interesting topic for discussion! I wish you the best of luck in continuing to establish your Pet collection, and in finding the right balance with it.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.