Players 2,356 329
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,254,335 1,023
Generated 656,427 16
Captured 1,190,988 63
Bred 6,406,825 944
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > Troubled Economy? Whats YOUR thoughts?
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Ethel
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 16
Posted: 1/9/2014 at 9:18 PM Post #1
Hi guys! Names Ethel [you can probably tell by the blue letters beside my avatar but anyway ^.^] you may know me from Operation Ny'Vene [SOS]. i'm one of the many people working against the economy collapse, but i know i'm not the only one and i know you guys probably have ideas and thoughts as well. i saw that people were using Operation Wide Awake as a discussion thread and thats not really fair to Operation Wide Awake to take up all their room so i decided to make this thread where people can debate their hearts out =D at some point if enough people agree on something i hope to bring it Krinadon and Faiona and see if they think it is a good idea. if you don't agree with something please feel to speak up! and please give your reasons. however i do not want arguments. if you start a fight and wont give it up when your warned you will be dispelled from the discussion. this is a peaceful, a way for people to help the site.

please note this is a friendly debate thread so please don't be offended if people do not agree with what you say.
Ethel
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 16
Posted: 1/9/2014 at 9:18 PM Post #2
reserved!
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 1/9/2014 at 11:25 PM Post #3
So I just wanted to say that these are things that are being worked on and considered currently to "fix" the pet economy.

1. Fix the pet search so that it's easier for people to find pets that they want to buy. (Now that the festival is over Krin for the past couple of days has been working on the new search).

2. Implement a pet buying NPC that buys your pets for either gold or scales. The currency is undetermined at this time, but most likely it will be for scales. The reasoning is to not decrease the value of gold and have another way to earn scales besides for only nurturing.

3. Get rid of unlimited hatcheries and make it so that pets get released at adolescent instead of adult if there isn't room in your stables.

4. We will eventually create an actual pet auction system. So instead of having to have forum thread auctions there will be an interface to easily search and look at pet auctions.

Anyway though...I promise that we are very aware of everything and we aren't ignoring the situation. Krin is working on the pet search currently, which once released it should definitely help. People will be able to search for pets with specific genes and mutations etc.

Krinadon's Further Details:

Keep in mind, Faiona only posted bulletin points - not full detailed descriptions.

When (or if) we implement these, there will be many things involved. For example, with the Hatchery revamp, if we decide to have pets removed at Adolescence, then most likely you will have the option of manually moving them once they become Hatchlings.

Additionally, as we revamp each page, we will be adding many new features. The goal of each page revamp is to improve its aesthetics, improve its efficiency and load times, improve user friendliness, improve functionality, and lastly to add new features/information.

So as another example, with the Advanced Search that I'm working on atm, I'm hopefully making it look a lot nicer, I'm dramatically decreasing the amount of time required to find results, I'm dramatically decreasing the amount of resources used by the server, I'm making it actually work properly and return accurate results, and I'm adding new parameters to search by.

So, ^ that type of revamp will happen to everything we revamp, including the Stables and Hatchery.

Hopefully this clarifies some misconceptions or worries.
Edited By Faiona on 1/11/2014 at 4:22 PM.
Zarhail
Level 60
Threads: 66
Posted: 1/10/2014 at 6:06 AM Post #4
The first point is most important in my opinion. Pet search by mutations, genes and/or approximate colors is incredibly important to be able to sell pets through that system, because that's a huge part of what people are looking for, or at least of what I'm looking for and from general petsite experience tends to sell well and create a sort of self sustaining and balancing market of rare vs. less rare pets.

The second sounds like an amazing idea, although depending on the amount offered it might encourage mass breeding of undesirable pets just to get at that reward, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, just something to be considered.

I was actually surprised to find unlimited hatcheries and adolescents not being moved on immediately and I think it's not a bad idea at all.

However in general I have to say this site actually has a pretty good economy, because it is very difficult to obtain certain results which means there will always be some pets that will be worth more than others and hopefully keep prices at a decent level.
Kalores
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 109
Posted: 1/10/2014 at 9:42 AM Post #5
I think it would be nice to be able to search Festival pets by name. This would make it easier for people to look for festival pets and find them. Also, it would be good if it were possible to look up festival pet offspring in this manner as well. That way people would have peace of mind when buying festival pet babies, knowing their lineage to be true. As someone who has only been around for the last two Festivals, to be able look up past Festival pets by name would increase their value to me as I now know they are special. I believe that this would, overall, help improve the economy surrounding Festival pets.
Kestral
Level 62
The Whimsical
Threads: 87
Posted: 1/10/2014 at 6:14 PM Post #6
Well, their would have to be some distinction between captured and breed holiday variations, and a difference larger then saying captured, or bred.

The current search system doesn't work very well, so I am happy to her it is getting fixed
Edited By Kestral on 1/10/2014 at 6:15 PM.
Daemonhaustier
Level 63
Maniacal Pyromaniac
Threads: 15
Posted: 1/10/2014 at 6:17 PM Post #7
I actually found it horrifying that pets could be released at adolescent stage or moved to the stables cuz if that was the case I could never sell my Pure Holiday Pets AND keep the ones I like at the same time. For the unlimited hatchery room I like it! It gives me 25 days to decide if I want to keep a sylesti or not, and also if I was gone for maybe say 3 days then came back on the 4th I wouldn't be shocked to see that my stables are full and all my hatchlings now adolescence are gone! If my pets don't sell in the allotted 25 days I release them. Gosh I would actually dread if the "moving to stables or releasing at adolescent" stage happens :( I simply wouldn't be able to afford it!

And having the lineage of the Sylesti would be nice too as I see there is a button that says "View Genealogy" but said button has not been in anyway activated yep :( I hope to see we could utilize that button soon hehe it would really help discover the purity of the Holiday Pet. I'm a serious Pure Holiday Sylesti breeder (probably the most known among Savynn, Diablo, and Cerberus) so viewing the Sylestis heritage would make it easier for me to breed without worrying if I missed an ancestor xD
Dark
Level 75
The Hallowed
Threads: 306
Posted: 1/11/2014 at 1:52 AM Post #8
I try not to ping you guys because I know you are busy but I have a bit of input on the changes to the hatchery and feel that it might be helpful. Sorry if it's a little long :(

I feel that the hatchery could benefit from some rework but, 8 days then release/move for the hatchery just sounds horrible!!!!

My reasoning for this is because pets cannot be moved to the stables before 8 days and as a result, a lot of good pets might end up auto released. (I know I'm always worrying about if a pet I wanted to keep for breeding projects but didn't name accidentally aged out of my hatchery and let's not even get started on the wheel egg and worrying if I accidentally forgot to move it and it aged out as a result. (It didn't =D)

I know that if the pet is named, it will be moved to the stables if there is room, however, I fell in love with this game for one very particular reason: I love messing with genetics. Keeping this in mind, I need a lot of pets to breed in certain traits I am looking for and what not. Because of this, I don't want to name all of the pets who are helping me along the way as first, it's hard to name that many pets, and second, it's harder to sell them if they are named and tends to decrease their value. (I am pretty sure that a lot of other breeders feel the same way.)

I greatly object to being forced to name my pets if I want to keep them and since we can't move them out of the hatchery before 8 days, I currently do not see any other way around naming them if sylestia moves to an 8 day then release system for the hatchery.

I do feel that releasing the pets earlier than 26 days is a good idea and have a couple of suggestions to help out with the issue of being forced to name the pets or lose them.

First (and on a side note), please don't get rid of the auto release option for the hatchery. It's much easier to deal with than hand releasing everything. (Trust me, I tried for a very long time to hand release)

Second: Instead of releasing at the time of adolescence, why not release at maybe 12 days or something like that. That way users have a chance to move what they want but pets aren't sitting around flooding the market forever. Also, because not all users have a scanner available to them, it will give them a chance to see all the visible traits their pets will have.

Third: If there is a way to implement this, I think it would be really helpful to have a option for each pet to not auto release that pet even if you don't name it. Kinda like a check box that says do not auto release on it's profile page. That way you aren't forced to name the pet if you can't come up with a name or don't want to name it. Again, dunno if this is doable what with coding and bandwidth and all, but it would be so wonderful if it was.

Fourth: If all else fails, another option might be for players to move their pets out of the hatchery earlier than 8 days. Ages and maturity wouldn't have to be affected, but it would help to prevent pets from being forced to be named and sylestia could still move to an 8 day and release system without causing too much strife to players.

On the subject of the scales for pets, I think it's a great idea, but feel scale prices on items would need to be raised to keep from devaluing them.

*doesn't look forward to no more unlimited hatcheries but understands why it is important and begrudgingly supports it.*

I know for me at least that I have decided in the last couple of days to stop giving so many pets away for free or low amounts and start offering them only for what I feel they are truly worth or let them be released. I know me alone won't fix the economy, but I hope it helps. One of the things I have noticed is that even at the higher prices, I am still selling a pretty decent amount of pets and actually am making more as a result.

I do just want to say thank-you to both you and Krin for making this site and working hard to keep it a quality kind of place. I wouldn't be piping up if it weren't for the fact that both you and Krin repeatedly show that you take an interest in player suggestions and act upon them to help improve the overall experience of the site for all.
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 1/11/2014 at 9:36 AM Post #9
I just wanted to say that I highly agree with Darkwingedangel's post. While i am sad to see the unlimtied hatchery go away, i can udnerstand its necessity. -is currently guilty of havign more hatchery pets than stable pets- v.v

I also do not really support the adolescents being autoreleased from hatcheries. The only way i see of getting it to work is by taking away the autorelease unnamed option, but it is a useful tool. It so hard to go through and release every pet you dont' want when you have a lot. And without the autorelease unnamed, if you only have limited space in your stable and are not on when your pets get transferred, users run the risk of losing pets they did want because the stables got clogged by ones they hadnt had time to release yet. 8 days is not a lot of time to manage a hatchery. I ca see players having trouble keeping wanted pets. And another point Darkwinged brought up was that not everyone has access to test kits. I know when i was still new i didnt like to bother een the free testers too much with random hatchery pets, unless i planned on using them for breeding, so my only way fo seeing visible traits was waiting untilt hey got older, and then i would decide if i wanted to keep them or not.

And while i am on daily, not everyone can be. 8 days is not a lot of time, and if someone, say, goes on vacation, or maybe their internet goes down for a few days, tey would run the risk of pets getting transferred before they could get rid of unwanted ones, which means they run the risk of losing a pet they really wanted.

I do like her idea for the "do not release this pet" option, but like she said idk if it would be plausible. The only non-serverside issue i see though is that it would be almsot as much of a pain to go through and decide whicch pets to keep from releasing as it wold be to go through and release them all. Plus personally, i get kind of nervous relying o things like that to keep my pets safe v.v I'm always so worried it will glitch or somehtign and i will lose that prize pet anyway.

Like Darkwingedangel, I try to sell my pets at a set price higher than current "market" values. I've seen mult-trait puffs (what i breed mostly) in search for around 1k. I sell mine at 20k a carry, 40k a vis. And i sell a good few. Sometimes i go a few days without selling, other days i will sell a lot. While i wish that i could sell more, and that the market price wasnt so low, i'm glad to see that people are still willing to buy at higher prices. Like dark said, I don't expect to fix the economy on my own, but i hope that it does help to have at least a few players pricing their pets at what they are worth rather than what the market thinks they are worth. (I know a few more people who were originally selling at worth rather than market, but they have all given up v.v) I think those of us who are selling at higher prices should continue to do so, and not give up on it. giving up won't help.

To krin and fai: You guys are doing an excellent job. I'm glad you two take the time to tell the players your plans and take input on them. It's refreshing to see admins who actually care about their playerbase. I've been many places where the admins either never talk at all or are rude to the players. And I'm glad you two try to fix problems. I know I (and likely the rest of the members) highly appreciate that, so thank you =3 I know you two will do what is best for the site, even if not everyone agrees with it =) I know that whatever you do, it will be for the better of the site.

(-did not mean to sound like a cheesy "thank you" card or anything v.v-)
Kestral
Level 62
The Whimsical
Threads: 87
Posted: 1/11/2014 at 11:51 AM Post #10
I am thinking of starting a program to increase the value in Vulnyxes, but will need more time to think of it and to earn enough money to buy a second tab. I would buy any 1g Vulnyxes, evaluated them, then release them, recolor and resell them, or just resell them. In reselling them I would follow a pricing guide, and one that sets higher prices. The reason I choose Vulnyxes is because even though they arn't rarer, I would like to see prices rise for some of them.

i am also considering making a pamphlet/banner that raises awareness to the 1g problem and what you can. I was thinking that maybe I could send it to newbies as well as a breeding guide. Because often when newbies get pets they can breed, they have a breeding party where they suddenly breed lots of pets (at least, that's what I did) The reason I haven't done this is because I don't want to discourage Newbies, or make things seem dreary. But it would be nice to get some good tips out to people who don't visit the forums that much.

@Lostwords- I will try to use your pricing guide when selling my Puff's.
Edited By Kestral on 1/11/2014 at 11:54 AM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.