Players 2,460 401
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,229,929 1,283
Generated 655,780 86
Captured 1,189,522 125
Bred 6,384,535 1,072
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Big Bad Birdboss (LG Temple Boss Aykios...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 2/20/2022 at 8:00 PM Post #1
Thread for discussing this hellbeast birdboy and his partners, strategies, observations etc.

Battle setup of Aykios (main boss of North Dungeon Second Floor of LG Temple)'s team

Gene scans

I forgot to screenshot their Buffs, but the nytes have one that powers them up if Aykios dies, and Aykios has one that buffs him if they die.

Quotes from Krinadon on his testing fights (Krin using Temple r4 (+75hp per turn), Greater Ent Flasks, presumably training grounds r4 or 5):
"Krinadon: [14:29] The Shadow/Water/Air fight was shaky lol. But they ended up winning super quickly in just 52 turns
Krinadon: [14:30] The Earth/Light/Air was silky smooth. Basically no issue at all
Krinadon: [14:30] The Shadow/Light/Air always was really smooth too but I messed up, dying was 100% human error"

Pets used by Krin, all supermax (+150 hp, +10 mana, +20 Str/Int/Dex/Agi), fully equipped Primordial+2:
Brutus, Earth Tank
Souldrinker, Shadow Tank
Faith, Light
Hiero, Water Buffer
Viserian, Air Attacker, used in all test fights

"Me: [19:07] so, Krin, staring at your used parties, how much do you think all those hp profs you have on them come into play during the fights? (since the Faith is being run with what most would consider as a light tank setup rather than the typical light healer setup, and even Viserian has an HP prof despite being an Attacker)
Krinadon: [19:08] Helps give a nice cushion when things don't go quite as planned
Krinadon: [19:08] I noticeably struggled more when they were 0 HP [proficiency]"
Unstaeble
Level 75
Stoneheart Savior
Threads: 138
Posted: 2/21/2022 at 12:17 AM Post #2
A little lazy to retype any of this, so I'm just going to copy and paste my notes/theories here ^^ Feel free to test/correct anything that may be incorrect along with add on suggestions

-All three enemies have a buff (something 'Bond' ) that, when the others are killed, will trigger an endless rage. I'd assume this means you can't just kill them one at a time (not sure HOW much dmg the rage is but I'd guess enough to wipe your party) and instead have to keep them pretty even and kill them all in the same turn/a few turns after. I'd try to use decimate on Aykios but not kill him to make it go faster, as the nytes are a lot easier to take HP off of, and then using air key 5, kill them around the same time. Haven't gotten to this point to test though

-Right off the bat, you'll want get both the nytes taunted to keep their buffs from going up (every turn, unless distracted they receive another rank, taunting will distract the next turn and reset this to 0).
I've found that my earth pet really helps since I can do the basic attack (using rank 5) on each nyte and trigger taunt without wasting any mana while my air and light pet focus on Aykios. However, Shadow tank seems to have the better mana gain/usage for the battle along with the extra dmg (Xavion pointed this out to me)

-Build mana to block on all 3 pets at Aykios' 50% mana attack (Lunar Barrage I believe is the name) while still keeping an eye on the nytes and their buffs.
-Block at Aykios' 100% mana attack

-Continue distracting nytes after first mana cycle and block again at 50%. During the second mana cycle at 100/120 (83%), Aykios will cast the Tamer's Mark for 12 turns on one of your pets (seems to usually land on my light/air pet, taunt has not seemed to change this. Plan to test if switching earth into 3rd position and then back will give it the mark instead so it can survive better). The mark will cause the two nytes to focus on attack that specific pet unless they're distracted. The turn after this is cast, both nytes will gain an equal amount of turns of Focused Command, which prevent them from becoming distracted and clears any taunts

-After doing x amount of dmg to the nytes while they have Focused Command, they will lose the buff and you will be able to re-taunt them to distract (with my Earth/Air/Light I've definitely struggled towards
-While trying to break the Focused Command, you have to still block at Aykios' 50%/100% mana attacks.
Edited By Unstaeble on 2/22/2022 at 2:00 AM.
Inula
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 6
Posted: 2/22/2022 at 10:58 PM Post #3
I'm not sure how helpful I'll be but I beat Aykios so thought I'd share some of the strategy I used.

I had an Earth/Light/Air team. I copied the proficiency points Krin used on his team with the same elements.

These are the pets I used

Earth
Light
Air

I did a lot of runs not using any boosts to try to get strategy down. Even without buffs I managed to come close to beating him a few times but couldn't quite do it.

The buffs I had on when I won were temple rank4 (lights renewal), training grounds rank5 bonus active for mega-bosses and bosses. And I had a greater ent flask of mitigation on my earth tank, a greater ent flask of intelligence on my light healer, and a greater ent flask of strength on my air cannon. The fight really was a lot easier with that training grounds bonus active. I won my first try (after figuring out the strategy) with those active though some of it was probably luck.

The biggest hurdle was definitely trying to get tamers mark on my earth tank. I either didn't understand the fight mechanics well enough to be able to make sure my tank got it or it's somewhat random. I found that the mark seemed to go to my 3rd party air pet most often, my second party light pet second most often, and rarely the first (or middle) earth pet. Aykios applies that mark after he does his first 120 mana attack (which I always tried to block) once he reaches 100 mana. At 80 mana I switch my earth tank with my 3rd party air pet to try to give better odds of the tank getting the mark. Once the mark has been applied I switch the tank back to the middle and as I was using an earth tank made sure to have thorncoat up at all times until I got the stacks/focus on the two nytes off. While the nytes have that focus I avoid attacking Aykios completely (this made a big difference). Aykios only applies the mark every other round of mana so you don't have to worry about switching spots with your tank while the focus is still active on the nytes. Once they lost their focus/stacks I was free to damage Aykios again. I only really blocked when Aykios reached 120 mana. I waited until the 2nd or 3rd round of having my tank get the mark before using my number 5 skills. I'm pretty sure he targeted my light pet one of the rounds but I still managed ok. I believe I used decimate to kill Aykios. Both nytes were at that point below 50% health just from me attacking them while they had their focus active. One died quickly after that with me attacking and the other took several turns but didn't do too much damage until I could get it down. I tried to conserve some mana on my air pet for the end of the fight but I did use some more powerful attacks here and there.

Sorry that is probably hard to read and my memory of the fight may be a bit foggy. I tried beating him without the buffs so many times before the winning one with the buffs. That kind of caused the memory of the fights to run together a bit and I forgot exactly what happened during the winning fight.

Editing to add...

I just reset and did another run. Using all the same buffs and strategy (accept I accidently put a greater mitigation flask on my air rather than strength) I was able to defeat him pretty easily on the first try. This fight went smoother than the last as my tank got the tamers mark the first two applications. I used my pets 5th skill just a few turns before the 3rd mark was applied. The fight took 52 turns total.
Edited By Inula on 2/23/2022 at 2:05 AM.
Angelzrulez
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 26
Posted: 2/25/2022 at 4:06 PM Post #4
I would just like to say I followed Inula's method as well. I had slightly more trouble due to lower level gear but this guide worked for me too ^^

I copied Krin's prof points and used Inula's walkthough. Using greater ent flasks, mega-boss boost in training grounds and lights renewal lvl 4 in the temple. Needed a couple of revives as the mark hit my air cannon a few times even though it was in slot two. Didn't have any issues when it hit my light or earth though ^^
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 2/25/2022 at 9:58 PM Post #5
Beat the big bad bird boss a few days ago~
My team:
Earth tank (3Hp/3Agi) Gear (PR+2/SA+2/PB+1/PB+1)
Air Cannon (3Str/3Dex) Gear (PR+5/PA+4/PB+2/PB+2)
Water Support (1Hp/3Str/2Dex) Gear (PR+3/PA+1/PB+1/VB+5)
(All gear was Storm Caller gear)

Had Temple Rank 3 active, Superior Ent Flasks (I saved these from ages ago until I was sure I had the pattern down~ I only have access to lesser at the moment but will be grabbing greater next reset, party pets that hadn't died are set aside so as not to lose that flask bonus for next time) and Training Grounds rank 5.

I probably don't have the fight down 100% yet. TwT Got easier when I realized that Focused Command throws off my taunts.

I had Earth attack the bottom Nyte the first turn (my damage pets seem to get the fire debuff if I don't), air attack big bad, water use rank 5 ability to help generate mana early. Attack with Earth on second turn the other pet, then 3rd/4th turn use ability 3 to taunt first the bottom pet and then the top. With Earth, just focus on attacking and using #3 taunt ability when the taunts are near to dropping off , use ability #5 when the boss is at full mana the second time~ just try to taunt when you need to.

Water should just attack and use #4 ability to shield the party when possible~ just before boss is at full mana if possible , otherwise use ability #2 when necessary or #4 if it's off cool down. (My water pet got knocked out 4 turns before beating the boss - I left it like that - sorry Radiata -because I wanted to be able to pick up my air if need be)

Air pet just needs to focus on boss, use razor wind when possible - attack the Nyte's when they have focused command up and then switch back to boss~ play the try to keep equal damage dance going as long as possible - you most likely won't have the mana for or need to use decimate since all should be dying within a few turns of each other. I used Air's ability #5 around turn 10/11 I think?

Took 30 turns when all was said and done~
Edited By Imperium on 2/25/2022 at 10:00 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 2/28/2022 at 1:42 AM Post #6
I can finally add myself to the list of people who have beaten this jerk,,,

Temple: tier 3, blessing active
Training grounds: tier 5, bosses & mege-bosses buff active
Trading post: tier 4, Greater ent flasks Mitigation (Earth), Int (Light), Str (Air)

Pets:
Earth
> profs swapped to 3hp/3agi
> all moves r5
> Relic; Tidal Lord SW +5
> Armor; Warden VT +5
> Acc.1; Warden VT +5
> Acc.2; Warden Primalist +3

Light
> profs swapped to 3hp/3int
> all moves r5
> Relic; Pyromancer SW +5
> Armor; Pyromancer VT +5
> Acc.1; Pyromancer VT +5
> Acc.2; Pyromancer SW +5

Air
> profs unchanged
> all moves r5
> Relic; Storm Caller SW +5
> Armor; Storm Caller VT +5
> Acc.1; Storm Caller Primalist +3
> Acc.2; Storm Caller Primalist +4

I wrote down 'rounds' (one cycle of 0-120 mana on Aykios) to help me keep track of when to do things, and it helped immensely, knowing exactly when I needed to move pets around:

Some simplified notation:
Turn 1 > attack bottom (did seem to disrupt Freya from her fire attack?)

Thorncoat > if possible (I saved it mainly for use when we were in a Target Cycle for when the Target was placed, since Earth pets are rather notoriously slow at mana accumulation. Probably not as much an issue if you have a water buffer)

Nytes Focus > avoid Aykios >> It seems like after Aykios makes them Focus on one of your pets, once you get enough damage on one of the nytes it disrupts them or something? I THINK that was what was happening. So you can attack one for a few turns, get rid of its Focus, then attack the other to get rid of its, it seems like? Or go for both at once, which might take a bit longer to disrupt either of the two, but less total than if one then the other? Dunno. Only won the fight the once and I was not fully absorbing details into memory storage

Taunt > I think Mocking Blow taunt on Aykios around 60 mana on Target rounds might have affected focus (r5 mocking blow taunt lasts 5 turns), but maybe not? Probably safest to try to keep taunt on but still switch earth to slot 3 until someone manages to confirm one way or the other?

Turn Chart:

R1
R2 [t]
R3
R4 [t]
R5
R6 [t] m5
R7
R8 [t]
R9
R10 [t]

Again, each R = one boss cycle of 0-120 mana- block on 120, note the round as Done, continue
[t] = Target rounds when Aykios orders the birds
m5 = around the kind of time you probably want to use move 5?

Turn 45 is in R6, I can say that (KO'd Aykios turn 45, battle ended turn 50) although I think he sometimes stalls turns and doesn't gain mana, so that throws it a bit? but about there.

Needed to build up a bit more mana on Air to use decimate, but this was about when I went "yeah, I can do this with m5's" and started preparing for m5+decimate combo

Aykios down:

Victory:

-okay, update-
Seems like if he's Taunted birdboy will go at the pet he's Taunted by on the Target turn
> Thorncoat beforehand when he's on 60 or 80 mana, then taunt him with rank5 leeching strike until he actually decides to do the thing, since r5 leeching strike is 100% taunt infliction for one turn, and means you don't need the mana for mocking blow
Edited By Scathreoite on 3/1/2022 at 5:21 PM.
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 3/2/2022 at 11:13 PM Post #7
I beat this guy again on my first try for the second victory against him. Still used an Earth/Air/Water team~ I messed up at the beginning and lost my air pet but brought them back up ASAP and the battle was smooth after that~ so this time I didn't bother swapping the points on my water pet~ she stayed as a water tank build with 3HP/3Agi~ this let me focus her shields on the air pet (I decided to do it this way because my air pet was doing the bulk of the damage last time anyway - water damage was pretty much non-existent.) Aside from that first oops of my air pet dropping, I never really felt like I was in trouble~ health was fine for the rest of the fight~ I just kept my water shields up and slowly chipped away at the health on the boss until I got them to the point where they were all in easy death range of a razor wind. Took me 39 turns this time but it went so much smoother and now I know I don't have to reset my water tanks points every week.
Edited By Imperium on 3/2/2022 at 11:20 PM.
Fox
Level 75
Master Sylestiologist
Threads: 398
Posted: 3/26/2022 at 8:58 PM Post #8
I beat bird boss today in 37 turns. Admittedly only skimmed this thread (lel) so my approach is very... probably chaotic and intuition based.

Beat him with these pets: Water / Air / Earth

When I beat bird my pets had this equip:
Water: +2 SW relic and armor, +1 primordial bracer, +3 SW bracer
Air: +2 relic, +3 armor, +4 & +5 bracers, all primordial
Earth: +4 SW relic, +1 SW armor, +2 & +3 primordial bracers

My pets have these proficiencies:
Water: 3 str, 3 dex
Air: 3 str, 3 dex
Earth: 3 hp, 3 agil

All 3 pets are level 75, fully ranked to rank 5 on all abilities.
Rank 5 training grounds, greater ent flasks used (mitigation and strength on air pet), light's renewal (rank 3) used.

-------------

Battle notes:

I used my ability 5 pretty early for my water and air pets. I probably should have saved ability 5 on my air pet for near the end of the fight. I think that is the way to go. This is because it's impossible to kill 1 first and finish off the other 2. You have to kill all 3 simultaneously (or close to). So if you can do big area damage when they are all low, finish them off all at once.

In previous attempts I found light pets to not be too useful here. The water's ability to increase mana was extremely helpful. In previous attempts I also found decimate to NOT be an ability to use unless you have 1 enemy left and they are low enough for decimate to finish them.

I used ability 5 on my earth pet before the second round of full mana on bird man.

I used my water and earth ability 4 when bird man was close to full mana or my pets had a target on them. By the time bird's mana was exhausted and back to full my pets also had enough mana and their abilities were off cooldown. I didn't use my ability 4 on the first round of bird man's full mana as the buffs on the enemies were still very low and they don't do much damage.

I consistently used ability 1 on the 2 nyte minions unless they both already were taunted.

I found occasionally targeting a nyte with all 3 of my pets was helpful to keep all 3 of their hp bars equal.

Overall I would say I just made sure I had shields and taunts up at critical moments. Critical moments being when bird man was close to full hp or when a pet had a target on them.
Edited By Fox on 3/26/2022 at 10:30 PM.

This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.