Players 2,411 375
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,241,199 1,270
Generated 656,170 19
Captured 1,190,409 63
Bred 6,394,525 1,188
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Suggestion Box > A way to lock Skill Ranks (Maybe MoM SPO...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Winterflower
Level 75
Maw-nster Masher
Threads: 32
Posted: 11/22/2021 at 10:44 PM Post #1
I feel a way to lock Skill ranks would be a useful feature in the game. In case you are unsure what I'm talking about, fighting in the Lost Grove and Maws of Madness awards skill expertise which improves your pet's skills overall.

I feel as if it would be a good idea to have something that can stop your party members from earning expertise, as in some cases it could lead to unnecessary consequences.

Currently my main point is that is the lvl 30-59 Maws of Madness tower in stage 8, Vierna the Reborn at the end when you're trying to defeat the boss, Vierna summons specters. If you defeat these specters, it gives vierna 5 stacks of a buff that increases her magical damage by a lot with further stacks. In the case of rank 3-4 fairy light on a light pet, it is multi target and hits multiple enemies which means it is unavoidable to kill the specters, unless I simply refuse to use the skill, which makes the fight considerably harder as well. Ranks would increase the difficulty of the battle, rather than lessen it, which is probably the original idea.

So simply I think that a way to stop earning skill expertise would be a useful thing to add. I would think that something like the Philter of Unlearning, easily accessible would be nice. But overall, I must think that implementing this could help stop further complexities. I do usually think ranks are very useful, it's just in some cases, they don't help the battle and make it more complicated than it should originally be.

The fairy light in MoM is just an example, but I'm sure there are other cases as well where the ranks due more harm than help.

Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated.
Edited By Winterflower on 11/23/2021 at 12:36 AM.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 12/17/2021 at 4:27 PM Post #2
i dont see a functionality in this. People usually want to increase those ranks not halt them. Unless you are battling alot it can take weeks/months to rank from 1 to 5
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 12/17/2021 at 4:28 PM Post #3
i dont see a functionality in this. People usually want to increase those ranks not halt them. Unless you are battling alot it can take weeks/months to rank from 1 to 5
Winterflower
Level 75
Maw-nster Masher
Threads: 32
Posted: 12/18/2021 at 6:42 PM Post #4
It's not like you have to stop it, I just want an option for that. I had to stop doing the lvl 39-59 MoM because I couldn't use my team or else they would rank up and it would make things harder because of ranks. Meaning, I lost out on many rewards because I couldn't use that team. I can't stop it from happening, and that's what I want for this feature.

And it's not just for this specific scenario. The rank 5 razor wind on an air pet is multiple target as well, when air is generally a single target element. For some scenarios you don't want multi target, and if your air pet, which has r5 razor wind, you don't have the option for single target only.

You don't have the option to just not have them rank up if you don't want it. If you use the same pet over and over again, eventually they would rank up whether you want them to or not. I simply want the option to be able to stop that, as I don't see how it can do any harm. I understand that ranking up pets is time costly and requires much effort, as I have ranked up several pets over my time here, but I feel as if a philter or something of sorts that can stop it for those who want it would be incredibly helpful.
Edited By Winterflower on 12/18/2021 at 6:43 PM.

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.