Players 2,282 395
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,284,467 1,636
Generated 658,026 200
Captured 1,196,836 385
Bred 6,429,510 1,051
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > [Contest] Write Away+WIn Prizes!
Page 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6... 32, 33, 34 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Resonance
Level 15
Threads: 2
Posted: 7/31/2015 at 10:17 PM Post #41
I believe I will join into this contest! I love writing! *glances at unfinished fanfics with angry impatient readers* Yep! I'll certainly have the time!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She could never be rid of the sound of the sickening crunch of a cracked skull beneath her fingers, or the blood that ran in rivulets down her hands and arms as she drank and drank, the sticky, metallic liquid only driving her hunger farther and farther as she sucked one dry, then two, then twelve, then hundreds. Nothing could stop her, and even in her blood-crazed state, she knew that she was on top of the world.

It was quite easy to gain prey now a days. All she was required to do was wait in her special little place and listen for those special little words. Most who spoke them didn't believe in what could truly happen, but they learned. They learned and they died knowing that they caused their own deaths, speaking those two forbidden words.

In a three count, she heard those words again, only this time, even she knew something was amiss. It was too confident, too sure of itself, as if the caller knew exactly what they were getting into. Nevertheless, she allowed the black smoke to envelop her, the potential feast too tantalizing to pass up over a simple feeling.

From what should have been an easy meal, became a trap as she felt the alluring tug of a spiritual trap, a sigil painted on the walls in what seemed to be the callers own blood. It left her stuck in that spot, where she could only hiss and threaten the three men that stood around her, their triumph only driving her drive higher. She wanted their blood, and she was determined to have it.

The dungeons they placed her in seemed to be a cesspool of monsters, different creatures ranging from ghouls to wraiths roaming across the cold brick floor, splatters of dried blood lining the walls and dead half-eaten corpses of the weaker monsters slumped onto the ground. It seemed as if the monsters had no trust, no direction, no leader.

Surprisingly, she felt at home in this dank dungeon, for it was not much different than the special cave that rested in the nexus of the world. She strode forwards with a royalty that could not compare, making even the biggest monster bow its head at the sight of her. Here, she could use the creatures to her own bidding.

So, she began speaking, an ancient tongue that had all the monsters growling and howling to the skies, turning frenzied as they ripped at each other, slammed into the walls, scrabbled at the iron and salt ladened door. All the while, she stood with an approving eye, knowing that sooner or later, the three men would come and revenge could be taken.

It took the humans only twelve measly minutes to come to the door, shouting in the language that she had not yet learn. Maybe it was Latin? Italian? Spanish? She couldn't be sure. All she knew, was that in only a moment, they would be three against twenty, and she could run free.

As if by clockwork, the burlier of the three flung open the door, shouting at the monsters and holding a weapon that even she knew was dangerous. Some of the younger monsters tried to race blindly past, but they fell from even the smallest of cuts, whimpers and squeals of pain cutting through the frenzy before their life left their body. It was only a small matter, however, and she wasn't going to let it affect her.

With a single slur of her tongue, all the monsters rushed at the men, and even the weapon could not protect them from the onslaught tearing of their flesh. She merely smiled, striding forwards and allowing the monsters to block the men from her path as she made her way down the hall, each step full of triumph.

The path to the forest was a clear one, and the trees rose like gnarled black tentacles, greeting her in the sway of the wind and welcoming her in. She stopped at the edge of the path, her red eyes twinkling with delight as she heard the faint barks from the monsters, followed by the screams of the men. Her laugh escaped her lips, twinkling and dark as ebony as she made her way down the grassy brush.

Even before the man entered the trees, she knew that he had lived through the onslaught, and she had to give the man credit. He really did know how to survive against the monsters, even as hopeless situations as this one. Yet, she thought of him as idiotic, as even she knew that he had no chance against her. Surely, he would know it as well?

Nevertheless, she turned to face him, the trees swaying intensifying, as if signifying the upcoming fight. She grinned, her teeth flashing white as the burly man held out his sword, the metal specked with blood and dripping. Teeth wounds, slashes from claws, even a broken nose was obvious on the man, and she felt a giggle coming through. His blood would be the sweetest of them all, jaded by years of hunting for the very thing that was going to kill him.

"Rea~dy to d~ie?" She said, her accent catching the words and slurring them out, her voice high pitched and squealing. He didn't respond, but grunted, keeping the sword on a steady aim right at her. She dropped the happy act, the smoke rushing about her feet and teleporting her, allowing her to wrap her hands around his neck, snapping it like a toothpick. Not much of a fight. She couldn't help but muse with disappointment.

"So, sw~eet" She whispered to the dead corpse as the noseful of his scent pulled her back to the reason for this kill, running her hand along the neck appreciatively before digging in, letting the blood spring into her mouth and leaving her gulping and slurping, never able to get enough of that sweet sweet blood. It took only mere minutes before he was dry, and she let him fall, letting out a small gasp as she touched her lips, the soft skin slicked with blood.

"Ta~sty" She purred, looking at the sky before the smoke covered her, teleporting her back to her nexus. After all, she could not abandon her duties, even for a moment. It was her obligation to guard the mirrors, waiting for the simple little words that bring hunger and death.

Bloody Mary.
Edited By Resonance on 8/4/2015 at 9:56 AM.
Soltra8
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 20
Posted: 7/31/2015 at 10:31 PM Post #42
@Esylana O-o I definitely did not see that coming! Should have guessed with the wooden bars bit though.... aside, that's a awesome story Esylana (and with a wonderful twist)!

@Flute, Did I mentioned I was hooked till the end while stifling giggles (I mean the mistaking rabbit for a human bit was hilarious.. ><) ? Viscardi and Elena are adorable together! An amazing story as well~
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 7/31/2015 at 10:44 PM Post #43
Night: Sorry, forgot to ping. Post is on the previous page.

Sol: Thanks! ^^
For some reason, after reading the prompt, I wanted to approach it in a lighthearted way aha.

Esylana: I also liked the adorable twist in your story. c: It's cute and it works!
Esylana
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 10
Posted: 7/31/2015 at 11:22 PM Post #44
@Soltra8: Thank you kindly! I enjoyed writing it and thinking, "How can I add hints along the way without giving up the ghost...". I love writing, I'm just so tired these days, I rarely get to manage it. So this was fun and refreshing. ^_^

@Flute: Thank you for the kind words, and I thoroughly enjoyed your story as well! I liked how the prison was "home", really, and how it was a brief glimpse at the life of "children as vampires". :D The rabbit made me smile a lot. :3 On a technical note, the use of bold for the vampires being, well, vampires was really clever!
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 8/1/2015 at 12:08 AM Post #45
Wow omg Flute, this is...a big surprise, I didn't think you'd hop in too, this is awesome 0_0

(To everyone else, THIS is what I meant when I say to surprise me, I like it, this is actually telling me a lot about you guys, like, admittedly I'm seeing people's creativity and talents through this, and I get to see people...who admittedly I did not know if they could/usually write or not...well,write, this is...awesome)

(Oh Flute, does this mean I can ping you for further writing contests or so? Rofl, though...for this current one, you'd have to get pinged since I have to later on say who passed to next round or not,lol)
Edited By NightbaneWolf on 8/1/2015 at 12:09 AM.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 8/1/2015 at 12:17 AM Post #46
You can ping me just for things that pertain to this round. ^^; I'll be watching even after this round is over, so no need to ping me otherwise. Thank you.
Eots
Level 61
Fright Master
Threads: 10
Posted: 8/1/2015 at 12:31 AM Post #47
I decided to enter this contest because I had nothing better to do and I really needed to practice my writing, so here you go:

The man found himself once again on the bare earth. His head rested painfully on the base of a stone, and he rose unsteadily to his clumsy feet.

The moon cast an eerie light like a lantern through smoke. The man stumbled forward into its soft caress, and instantly his senses were alert. He knew not how, but once more he had escaped his prison of the choking darkness and the cold wooden walls. He could never be aware of how trapped he was until he was free.

But it seemed his liberty was worse than captivity, for each time he awoke from his trancelike state a hunger drove his body to a new sort of desperation.

The man flitted through the concealing shadows, approaching the dark stone of the nearby cottage whitewashed by the rays of the moon. The smoke wafting up from the chimney had slowed to a small trickle, like a string of water escaping to the wide sea beyond.

A few black clouds scudded across the windblown sky, the horizon dyed a soft pink by the descending sun. It was easy to believe that on such a beautiful night all was safe for this old couple. But it was the man who slipped quietly inside who would prove this illusion false.

The man leaned over the gently sleeping figure of the woman and placed his teeth onto her neck. Her blood pulsed into his open mouth, every drop a relief to his burning hunger. When it was done he stepped away, soon to prey on the man's blood who lie beside her.

But before he could sink in his desperate teeth, a board creaked behind the man and he whirled around.

He only saw Death's robes for just a moment before he was back in his grave again.

I looked up vampire on the Internet and saw that it was defined as a cursed soul who was reanimated from the dead and would prey on their sleeping victims' blood. So I tried to make it a bit different than the others in using that definition.
Edited By Eots on 8/4/2015 at 11:47 AM.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 8/1/2015 at 2:12 AM Post #48
Oh..okay, just keep a close watch then...when this round ends, I'd be calling out who passed into the next round.

By the way, keep surprising me Flute, I like that.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 8/1/2015 at 3:40 AM Post #49
yep you're wrong lmao *bops you*
Ladybeatrice
Level 63
Fancy Pants
Threads: 22
Posted: 8/1/2015 at 5:05 AM Post #50
Deleted/edited.
Edited By Ladybeatrice on 8/3/2015 at 12:16 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6... 32, 33, 34
This Page loaded in 0.014 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.