Players 2,284 415
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,295,660 1,945
Generated 659,180 245
Captured 1,198,845 450
Bred 6,437,540 1,250
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > [Writing Contest Part 4] Win Diamonds (w...
Page 1 1, 2, 3... 22, 23, 24 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 290
Posted: 5/20/2017 at 1:25 AM Post #1
(all art shown here are fanarts/gifts/trades drawn by other artists a long while back, so i do not claim any of them)

**You walk down the hallways to see a huge throne decorated with rows of skulls with a foreboding, dark figure seated atop....she turns to grin at you, showing off a wide cheshire cat grin as she gestures you forward with a wave of her double-rat-like tails**

The dark figure eyes at you as a smooth, silky hiss make its way out of her mouth...
"Ahhh...welcome to my realm, mortal. You do look rather confused...do you mind if i intrigue you as to why you have been summoned here today?"

Not sure what to think of you, you nod, slowly...

With an even wider grin, the figure snaps her fingers as a mist of darkness seeps its way out of her fingers, circling the room until hazy images start to form around you...

"Mortal, I have summoned you, to participate in an exciting event. I challenge you to a contest...not just any contest, but one where you put your creativity and wits to the test, and hopefully come out as the survivor" the dark figure seemed to joke in reply, but you aren't sure if those last words were a joke or not...

The dark figure eyes you, noticing your unease as a dark chuckle escapes her lips.

"Well, to put it simply, My name is Caedes, I'm an Elder Ancient, and I wish for you pathetic mortals to indulge me in your...creativity, by writing something with me in it. To make things simple, you have no need to actually use my Elder Ancient prowess, you may however, even include and use your other characters if you wish to, anything goes. I have neither qualms for what you mortals come up with " Caedes explained, as for a few seconds a sinister ghost of a grin seem to play on her lips.

"Oh dear...did i say pathetic? I do apologize, old habits die hard...none the less, the rules are simple, I have some art, drawn by my most...endearing denizens. You may use them as references for your so-called writing inspirations. I'll perhaps accompany more if i feel generous enough..." she added on with a soft smirk.

Then with an almost bored look, she waves her hand in the air as you find a desk and table with a full set of writing tools appear in front of you.

"Do hurry mortal, I may have all of eternity, but my patience has neither. However, understandably this is a contest, and in all fairness...I shall give you, out of the kindness in my dear heart, exactly three full weeks from today, as I finish this announcement, then the judging shall begin at the break of dawn the day after. Then, lets hope you are all set to impress me with your feeble mortal skills" Caedes explained, you could've sworn you heard a low snarl embedded in her words...

"I suppose I'd ought to wish you good luck, you'll need it, considering from what I've heard, this ought to be new, you are going off someone else's character instead of fresh ones off of your own. We neither know one another...but, hopefully we'll be very well acquainted after..." She added on with an almost sadistic sneer as she waves you off.

-------------------------
OTHER ART INSPIRATIONS:

-------------------
HER MUSIC THEME SONGS/INSPIRATION:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKuau6NCdNY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39xRAW3CpmE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qO-N5hTmsnQ

--------------------
Prizes:
-Two Winners only....
1st place:300 Diamonds, 100k and a selection of pets/or breedings to pick from.
-2nd place: 100 diamonda and 50k
-...uhhh, rest of you may or may not become her next meal >_>

-------

PING ME PLEASE!

(feel free to ask me questions on this character, and I thought I'd add in...she does have a humanoid form, but she does adore being in her 'animal/monster' form more)

ALSO PLEASE 'RESERVE' A POST, SO I HAVE SOME INDICATION/IDEA OF WHO IS JOINING IN, THANKS!

(also, incase you hadn't realized it, the rules of the contest are embedded in Caedes's introduction, as well as in the roleplay introduction paragraph, I hope to give you a somewhat idea of her personality traits...)
Edited By NightbaneWolf on 5/20/2017 at 2:04 AM.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 5/20/2017 at 1:33 AM Post #2
no word limit or preferred length (as long you don't go ten years without finishing,lol) , the no actual rules, if you don't include the general ones such as no stealing...etc...etc,lol, other than that, you may go as dark as you like, or however your writer's soul desires.

Post here or Google docs, anything works.

READ A BIT OF BACKSTORY HERE:

Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=46774&page=1#8
Author: Nightbane
Time Posted: 5/20/2017 at 2:32 AM
ohhh

*cracks knuckles* this ought to be fun.

She is one of the first of the Elder Ancients (based upon my book series, well, side arc book at least), amongst the others. however, due to her being found at a completely different location, and 'asleep', and more importantly almost a full 'adult', there were debates on who were the real firsts, as in side arc-wise, its told in another Elder Ancient's viewpoint, and they thought they were the first ones...

Caedes, has been aptly named the Ancient of destruction and macabre. However, she was very ambitious, perhaps not in the best way. While the others had created their descendants, along with other realms for them to live on, Caedes never actually directly participated in any of these activities, unless she was unwilling pushed to. So while she may not have directly formed/created her own set of species, from completely her own mind, she did 'share' some of her ideas and traits to aid some of the other Ancients.

(this is actually one of the few ways Ancients can 'mate together', its very non-sexual based, and yes...yes they do have a more sexual way of breeding if they so desire to, but any of their offsprings will always be born 'weaker' than them, because you can't have too much 'overlapping' strengths, as an Ancient is far too strong...technically speaking you could make them stronger, but...that would be breaking one of the Sacred Rules)

Anyways, due to her ambition, she tried to kill the other Ancients, if she couldn't force them to be submissive to her. It was probably about then, that she took the initiative to create something, but broke all the Sacred Rules to do so. Thus the first War of the Ancients was started.

However, what she created was never really considered a 'whole new species' as she just made copies of one build and made them serve and listen only to her, making them rather mindless in a way....and it wasn't like any of them survived afterwards.

Because this was the first big war, no actual rules had been set in stone yet, but, using an enchanted item called the 'Sword Of The Stars', the only sword that can really kill an Ancient, and leave very much permanent damages (ancients can hurt one another, but if they die, they can come back as a spirit, so basically they've ditched their corporeal form)

However, Caedes, only had her corporeal form destroyed. As well as again, due to no rules for these kind of actions had been made, Caedes had her powers stripped from her for a good while.

Long story short, she tried this again and ended up getting destroyed by the Sword Of The Stars, and was 'D-E-A-D', as that sword can kill a spirit.

...probably bit of spoilers but well, Ancients have quite alot of potential, so Caedes technically did do something, so i can safely reveal she's only 90% 'dead', maybe very bored out of her mind and not fully conscious (to sum up...she 'threw' a piece of her soul away to...somewhere which i'm not going to say lol)

....Anyways, personality-wise, she's cruel, dark, and only cares for her 'sister', which she was found with (althought her sister is scarier looking than she, her sister is much kinder, the complete opposite, but can't really say the most strongest in terms of fighting, but she is a very powerful enchantress....if you wanna guess, she was the one requested to enchant and make the "Sword Of The Stars' originally by Caedes, because she wanted to slay the others, obviously this backfired and was turned against herself...)

Caedes, doesn't care for mortal,she's power hungry, and bloodthirsty, she only follows her own rules, she does not give a, well, flying fudge about anyone else's well being, at least if she hates them, she is basically not a very nice Elder Ancient, if she does sound nice, its probably because she sees something in you she could take advantage of.

But, I should add, that despite her dark heart, she does, show a couple of rare signs of kindness and affection, since she did have just, one love that she does genuinely care for, surprisingly. (one other other than her 'sister')

...hope i hadn't missed anything 0_0
Edited By NightbaneWolf on 5/20/2017 at 2:33 AM.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 5/20/2017 at 1:37 AM Post #3
I'm interested in the endeavor. o:

Is there a word limit or preferred length for this story? Or any other rules to abide by? And would you prefer a post here or through Google Docs?
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 5/20/2017 at 1:39 AM Post #4
no word limit or preferred length, the no actual rules, if you don't include the general ones such as no stealing...etc...etc,lol.

Post here or Google docs, anything works.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 5/20/2017 at 1:51 AM Post #5
Changed/added a couple of info
Edited By NightbaneWolf on 5/20/2017 at 1:51 AM.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 5/20/2017 at 2:09 AM Post #6
psst, hi, would you like to join in?
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 5/20/2017 at 2:10 AM Post #7
Do you have any backstory on Caedes or information important to her character, aside from the art and the intro?

I had a possible idea but I'm not sure if it'd be right to write, depending on what prior history Caedes has.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Posted: 5/20/2017 at 2:32 AM Post #8
ohhh

*cracks knuckles* this ought to be fun.

She is one of the first of the Elder Ancients (based upon my book series, well, side arc book at least), amongst the others. however, due to her being found at a completely different location, and 'asleep', and more importantly almost a full 'adult', there were debates on who were the real firsts, as in side arc-wise, its told in another Elder Ancient's viewpoint, and they thought they were the first ones...

Caedes, has been aptly named the Ancient of destruction and macabre. However, she was very ambitious, perhaps not in the best way. While the others had created their descendants, along with other realms for them to live on, Caedes never actually directly participated in any of these activities, unless she was unwilling pushed to. So while she may not have directly formed/created her own set of species, from completely her own mind, she did 'share' some of her ideas and traits to aid some of the other Ancients.

(this is actually one of the few ways Ancients can 'mate together', its very non-sexual based, and yes...yes they do have a more sexual way of breeding if they so desire to, but any of their offsprings will always be born 'weaker' than them, because you can't have too much 'overlapping' strengths, as an Ancient is far too strong...technically speaking you could make them stronger, but...that would be breaking one of the Sacred Rules)

Anyways, due to her ambition, she tried to kill the other Ancients, if she couldn't force them to be submissive to her. It was probably about then, that she took the initiative to create something, but broke all the Sacred Rules to do so. Thus the first War of the Ancients was started.

However, what she created was never really considered a 'whole new species' as she just made copies of one build and made them serve and listen only to her, making them rather mindless in a way....and it wasn't like any of them survived afterwards.

Because this was the first big war, no actual rules had been set in stone yet, but, using an enchanted item called the 'Sword Of The Stars', the only sword that can really kill an Ancient, and leave very much permanent damages (ancients can hurt one another, but if they die, they can come back as a spirit, so basically they've ditched their corporeal form)

However, Caedes, only had her corporeal form destroyed. As well as again, due to no rules for these kind of actions had been made, Caedes had her powers stripped from her for a good while.

Long story short, she tried this again and ended up getting destroyed by the Sword Of The Stars, and was 'D-E-A-D', as that sword can kill a spirit.

...probably bit of spoilers but well, Ancients have quite alot of potential, so Caedes technically did do something, so i can safely reveal she's only 90% 'dead', maybe very bored out of her mind and not fully conscious (to sum up...she 'threw' a piece of her soul away to...somewhere which i'm not going to say lol)

....Anyways, personality-wise, she's cruel, dark, and only cares for her 'sister', which she was found with (althought her sister is scarier looking than she, her sister is much kinder, the complete opposite, but can't really say the most strongest in terms of fighting, but she is a very powerful enchantress....if you wanna guess, she was the one requested to enchant and make the "Sword Of The Stars' originally by Caedes, because she wanted to slay the others, obviously this backfired and was turned against herself...)

Caedes, doesn't care for mortal,she's power hungry, and bloodthirsty, she only follows her own rules, she does not give a, well, flying fudge about anyone else's well being, at least if she hates them, she is basically not a very nice Elder Ancient, if she does sound nice, its probably because she sees something in you she could take advantage of.

But, I should add, that despite her dark heart, she does, show a couple of rare signs of kindness and affection, since she did have just, one love that she does genuinely care for, surprisingly. (one other other than her 'sister')

...hope i hadn't missed anything 0_0
Edited By NightbaneWolf on 5/20/2017 at 2:37 AM.
Grapejuice
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 155
Posted: 5/20/2017 at 3:15 AM Post #9
The young boy had strayed too far from his cabin in the woods. he was lost, he couldn't find his family, he was scared. He called out for anyone to help him. That's when he saw something slinking in the shadows it moved closer and suddenly his heart begun to beat faster. Faster and faster, faster than it should be. Whatever was out there, it scared him. He realized he was surrounded by shadows he couldn't see any farther than a few feet. Then he saw it, four glowing red eyes, a paw as black as night stepped closer to him. The wolf-like creature smiled, it's mouth frothing with red foam, two horns jutted out of its head and curled down. It stalked closer and the boy began to shudder the shadows seemed to close in almost trying to grab him and pull him closer to the wolf. With one swift movement, she leaped. His instincts kicked in at the last second and he ran, he couldn't hear the creature but the deep feeling of sorrow, fear, and hatred stayed with him. He leaped over a log his feet hit the forest floor hard and he ducked under the low branches. His heart thudded against his chest as he ran for his life, the young boy who couldn't have been more than 10 years old, kept running until finally, he couldn't run anymore. He gasped for breath but froze when he saw it prowling towards him from the opposite direction. then before he could make a sound it leaped at him, it's teeth closed on his throat cutting off any scream or goodbye he could say. Caedes had claimed another victim. Her eyes glowed with power as she killed him, he had tried to hide but she knew who he was, what he had done. He had tried to take it. the sword, her power, and no one got in between her and her power, her prey. She looked around as the shadows leaped onto the boy's body melting it away, erasing all the evidence. She knew what her sister would say. What about the boy's family? she would ask, shouldn't they know what happened to him? she snorted mortals were nothing but useless scraps to her, occasionally they were good for a little entertainment but nothing more. Once she was sure her tracks were covered she curled her two tails and melted into shadows. When she reformed she had taken her true form. standing on two legs she walked over to her throne. she glared commandingly towards her own minions. So far she had managed to create them in secret the other elders knew not of this race. and she intended to keep it that way. for now. "Get to work, you must train show no mercy for those foolish elders." How she loathed them, they had denied her and told her she was not controlled enough, and to think she had once thought she could let them live if they cooperated. What a foolish notion that was! Her gaze softened as they rested upon a creature just as terrifying as her perhaps even more so. "Sister." she hissed out. the creature turned and smiled at her "Your back! It is still safe, your sword. though I do not understand why you must do this...It is foolish." If it had been anyone else they would have been dead by now. Caedes growled "They denied me, this is the only way to make them see reason!" she turned away, it pained her to see her sister disappointed in her. she shook her head and gazed back at her troops. yes, she was ready, she was going to win, she was going to rule. She was Caedes destroyer of worlds and creator of chaos!
Lanfear
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 329
Posted: 5/20/2017 at 3:29 AM Post #10
Stop pinging me on these things...I have no interest in storytelling, and I do not wish to be included in these posts...
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 22, 23, 24
This Page loaded in 0.021 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.