Forum Index > Dungeon and Zone Discussion > New Maps
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Threads: 25
Posted: 8/18/2021 at 9:33 AM Post #1
Tori created some wonderful maps, and they were very useful to a great many people. Unfortunately, many of those links no longer work, so the user base had to try to find maps they had saved on their computers.

A few maps have been salvaged and they are still very useful, but, as time goes on and the areas change slightly (such as a boss being moved) those maps fall out of date.

Edit: Finished Esior's Cove Map Linked below (hopefully)
Edit: Finished Sweet Blossom Orchard Map
Edit: Finished Astryl's Tranquility
Edit: Untamed Forest is mostly finished. I need spawns spots for chests/ore and Malfy's sprite and location
Edit: Upper Caverns is Finished
Edit: Lower Caverns is finished. Need Kowalla's sprite and the images for the hidden grove treasure trove Also need the images for the Ancient Cave Creatures' huts.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R4D2f5LKwgcoFPcoWYVI3GB-WL3WfnApnYQ61x0iQ9w/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone is interested, and I can figure out how, I would also be willing to give shared editing rights, so other people (not everyone) could 'update' the maps should I not be around to do it.

This way it is easier, to me at least, to edit the maps on the fly, so that in the future, when secret tunnels are removed or added, or bosses decide they are tired of everyone finding them so they go off to hide, they can be added/removed/updated much easier than trying to do it on a flat image.

Edit: I would also like feedback on useability and readability. Is it easy to use? Easy to Read?

I plan to try to do the other maps, but it may be a while. Hopefully this will be useful to someone.
Edited By Jemadar on 9/8/2021 at 4:35 PM.
Aelingalathynius
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 37
Posted: 8/21/2021 at 6:02 PM Post #2
:O that is very impressive. Works great for me, excited to see more maps on it in the future :D
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Posted: 8/21/2021 at 7:08 PM Post #3
Thank you, I want to make sure that these are accessible before moving on to other maps.

This is my first time truly useing google documents (I have used what other people created, but never created my own) so not sure whether this is something that other people can easily access/read/use.
Aelingalathynius
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 37
Posted: 8/21/2021 at 7:41 PM Post #4
It works great so far :) If you need any help I'm happy to offer tips - not SUPER great with spreadsheets (better at slides) but I've used them a bit for projects and what not.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Posted: 8/21/2021 at 9:25 PM Post #5
I am used to offline spreadsheets.. Missing some of my *go tos* such as being able to 'customize' the task bar so Ican put frequently used items on, and the ability to give 'exact widths and heights' instead of trying to eye ball it, and so on.

I used to do this for games like Eye of the Beholder and other games that didn't have automap functions, but was never truly good at it (if I got a map to meet when I came around in a circle, I was elated :P), Also think I started doing this for neoquest, but never finished it (way too big of a map for that one :P and still the problem of coming around in acircle and nothing meeting).

Maybe after boards I will see about doing something for SBO and AT? since I believe those are two that maps haven't been recovered for.
Jemadar
Level 74
Grand Protector
Posted: 9/2/2021 at 4:31 PM Post #6
If anyone is interested in being given Edit Permission (assuming I can figure out how) Please let me know.

This is mainly for in the future, should something happen where I can not edit the maps and they need it.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.