Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Help defeat King Desius
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Pekingduck
Level 65
Threads: 24
Posted: 4/26/2021 at 2:20 AM Post #1
I am suddenly remembering why I have not touched sylestia since 2016!

I have to defeat King Desius in the forgotten tomb but I fear there is some sort of strategy that I cannot get right.. If anyone has any tips please share with me!
Here are my current party members:

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=878413
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=890094
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=890094

Edit: ok awkies lol the links arent showing up- but all three are on my first stable! Kalina, Dilkara and Willow
Edited By Pekingduck on 4/26/2021 at 2:22 AM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 4/26/2021 at 4:27 PM Post #2
I'll do something proper later because it's very early in the morning at the moment but uh
You'll need to re-set your pet's elements and proficiencies

If you've been away since 2016, then you wouldn't know, but when the Lost Grove came out and the level cap was raised to 65 (it's now 70), the element and proficiency system was overhauled to a more comprehensive, easier-to-use system.
Pets get one proficiency point at levels 0, 30, 60, 65, and 70, and each stat (HP, Offence (Str or Int, decided by the pet's element), Dexterity, Agility being able to have three points total, with the prof bonus scaling with both the pet's level and the number of points put into the stat.
(as opposed to the old Level-up points system and the 1 prof point for every 5 levels that can be put into any stat for a static bonus, or into attacks to make them stronger (attacks can now be ranked up in the Lost Grove, the post-lv60 area))
The Attacks have also been adjusted.

Additionally, equipment was overhauled, with Crusader and (non-lost grove) Warden gear no longer obtainable and all old gear now considered obsolete, as the stats given by the newer equips are just better. Also Relics always give the bonus to the damage stat tied to what type they are (so a myrmidon always gives Phys Damage bonus, Illusionist always gives magical damage bonus etc. Disciple equips give the full bonus to both damage stats, rather than having it split in half, making them an actually viable placeholder)

(Lost Grove has its own equipment sets, which are pretty much the best equipment in the game at any equip rarity level: Warden, Storm Caller, Tidal Lord, Pyromancer, Lightbringer, Reaver)

But yeah, you'll need to do their elements (we can help pick them if you'd like, or help with prof setup once you have set their elements, since, well, they're a bit different now in how the attacks work, though overall they're mostly the same function-wise. Once you've done that, we can see if we can get any lv50 gear for you from some mission satchels that you can give them (we need a reason to open these things these days and helping people is the best we have)

other than that, do you know if you did the seals in the tomb?
Pekingduck
Level 65
Posted: 4/27/2021 at 3:00 AM Post #3
Wow thank you so much for taking the time to explain this to me!

I'll see what I can do as soon as I have the time and will let you know if I need further help.

Seals don't seem familiar to me so i'm going to make the assumption that I havent. Hopefully by starting the tomb from the beginning I can sort whatever they are out!

Thanks again!
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 4/27/2021 at 4:24 AM Post #4
I see you've set your elements- just say if you want us to try to get you some better equips.
One thing I'll note now though is that since you have a water pet who I assume is your tank, you'll want your light pet set up as a healer- that is, statted for Int and Dex- rather than like a tank.
Lv60* light healers are typically equipped with either Evoker or Pyromancer gear, and with either 3int or 2int/1dex for profs. HP and Agility are usually reserved for Tanks (some people have some HP on all their party pets but it's fairly rare)
(Water pet's a bit in the air, I'd say maybe give her 1agi when she hits lv60- Agility controls a pet's Evasion and Defence, as well as boosting speed (dexterity, its counterpart stat, controls accuracy, crit chances, and also boosts speed (the same amount as agility), hence why tanks get agi and other pets get dex)

(*using lv60 because that's a common baseline; lets me mention the LG equips and have a rough prof spread)
Pekingduck
Level 65
Posted: 4/27/2021 at 5:47 AM Post #5
Alright!
I'll make sure to do that when she hits lvl 60
Thank you so much for your tips and helping me out :)

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.