Players 2,422 378
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,239,928 1,189
Generated 656,151 22
Captured 1,190,346 61
Bred 6,393,337 1,106
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Best Strategies for Epic+ in LG?
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Kittbee
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 164
Posted: 3/1/2021 at 9:14 AM Post #1
So I'm not the greatest at sylestia. I've died to stupid things before and will definitely do it again. But, for some reason, epic sylesties in Lost Grove always sweep my party. My party isn't the greatest by any means, but they don't have trouble with any other forest enemies (excluding Eliane), and they've got fairly leveled attacks that should have an easy time getting rid of epics.

So, I just need some strategies to deal with these annoyingly buff wild animals. Any advice is welcome!
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 3/1/2021 at 5:43 PM Post #2
I mean, really it depends on both the party and whatever element the wild sylesti is? (and if you've been trying to catch the sylesi because then it just gets Even More Difficult)

Like, a Light element wild (lots of healing, not much damage) is going to be a different fight from an Air (lots of damage) or Shadow (damaging and healing via absorbtion debuffs) or Earth (thorncoat thorncoat thorncoat) sylesti, so if you can't just Bull straight through them, the strategy is different

Is your team Blue/Blossom/Lion? I don't often see full-time light/fire/air lg teams, though I use the setup for the two Deep Cave bosses
Edited By Scathreoite on 3/1/2021 at 5:45 PM.
Kittbee
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/2/2021 at 7:39 AM Post #3
Yes, it's B/B/L. I'm not a very active player, so they're the only pets who can survive for for than two fights in LG. They work quite well for everything else, but for some reason their hits don't do much damage against LG epic pets. Even the light epics also hit incredibly hard, as well.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 3/2/2021 at 2:26 PM Post #4
The damage output is maybe because of your prof setups? Typically both fire and air pets have 3 attack/2dex, because both elements use critical hits to inflict their base attack's debuff. I'd suggest maybe trying swapping them, or at least giving Blossom 1dex (especially since he's got the highest base hp of the three of them by far and thus needs the extra hp less than the others), and making Blue like... 1HP/2int/2agi or something? At least some agi would probably be useful (since agility controls both evasion and defence, the same way dexterity controls criticals and accuracy, and I can only imagine that evasion on a light tank would be handy) (this is just me throwing ideas at the wall)

(When I run light/fire/air for the deep cave bosses, I honestly just use my light healer from my main team with no alterations, but admittedly she has higher base stats than Blue, Way higher base HP, and fully upgraded vinethorns at this point. Although admittedly I don't know how they'd go against epics, since I haven't run into any with that team setup, they can beat deep cave bosses, so I expect they'd pull through against an epic)

What strategy do you currently employ against the epics that you run into? Do you have one?
Kittbee
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/2/2021 at 5:35 PM Post #5
My current strategy is 'use all the strong powers at once, followed by decimate, ASAP' because I've learned the hard way that these epics are my pets' kryptonite. Plus, because these 3 pets are the only (good) options for LG, meaning I'm just sort of stuck with the pets I have since I don't have the time (or willpower, honestly) to grind a new pet up to that level.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 3/2/2021 at 6:03 PM Post #6
I'd say try making use of buffs/debuffs- using skill 3 on fire+air to get the buffs, then skills 1+2, refreshing buffs when needed. Beam from Light primarily, Fairy Light when someone needs a bit more healing or when you have mana to spare, and skills 3+4 when applicable. Conflagrate from fire optional at any time, but Decimate best when it's under 50%hp (since the amount it does is related to enemy hp%- I've used it to great effect on earthen constructs that are 32k/42k, but an epic pet is a bit different (decimate is where you really want to have gotten all your possible dex on an air pet- there's something immensely viscerally pleasing every time about rank4 decimate getting a crit and doing like, 150k damage.)

Obviously you'd want to try different stuff based on elements- like, with an earth enemy that used thorncoat, you might want to spend the turns with more focus on healing?

And man, yeah, rank grinding is so tedious, though it sure is a victory when you get the rank up. It takes soooo long. You gotta fight so many thiiingsss,,,
Kittbee
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/2/2021 at 6:34 PM Post #7
See, this is all stuff I've been doing. It's just because, like I mentioned, I don't have any better pets to do the job. And, quite frankly, Blue is a very weak pet. Even if I manage to get the epic down to 50%, it's only by using all those strong abilities, meaning decimate is unavailable.

I really hope that when the LG gets fully finished there'll be a casual mode, lol. My poor Blue can't out-heal the damage of these buff purple-stars, and my poor gold-bank account can't buy a better healer.

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.