Forum Index > Other Fiction > Shattered Ice
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Sleepdeprivedgremlin
Level 50
Threads: 1
Posted: 12/1/2020 at 2:21 PM Post #1
Hello! Sleepy here!

Here is a story my friend is working on! I asked my friend permission and she said I could, since she's on a break from the site! Please feel free to post what you think, spelling errors or to be added to the ping list.

The story will be updated every week!

Ping list:
Sleepdeprivedgremlin
Level 50
Posted: 12/1/2020 at 2:26 PM Post #2
First part of the story!

Isa watched the full moon above her glimmer in the sky. She had sneaked out to her favorite place, the woods. It calmed her in a way, knowing that life still went on. She smiled, standing up as she reached up, as if trying to touch the moon.
"Are you trying to touch it," Shadow asked as he landed behind her, making her jump in surprise.
"Yeah, maybe," Isa admitted, turning around to look at him.
He was in his 'special' form, as her mother called it. He was huge, towering over her by about a foot or two. He had an animal like face, with horns on his head. He had two big eyes and a cat like nose. His mouth appeared much like a humans, but filled with sharp teeth. His body was like that of a human, just a bit bigger. He had claws at the end of his fingers. He stood on his tip toes on his back feet, only making him bigger. He had a long dragon like tail and a pair of dragon wings. He was also covered in eyes, all over. They where more smaller and cat like, glowing a light purple color. He had spikes down his back or she had thought so, her mother had said they where teeth. His stomach, from his chest to about half way down his tail, was a mouth. A huge, scary one. The main mouth of this form, which was called a Shadow Stalker.
"I can give you a lift," Shadow teased, yanking Isa out of her thoughts.
"I can do it myself," She huffed, though she and Shadow both knew she couldn't, not yet anyway.
"I'd like to see you try."
"I will! I get to transform today, pretty soon actually!"
Shadow smirked, staring at the moon above them before stepping forward and picking up Isa with his tail. Isa yelped, but let him carry her as he took off into the sky. His scales felt smooth against her hands and he held her gently, as if afraid he might hurt her. The wind ruffled her hair, blowing some strands into her face until all she could see was her white hair. She pushed it out of her face so she could see. The huge pine forest stretched under her, far below her. She could see the mountains, the place she and her family lived. It was covered in a layer of snow, which only looked more dazzling under the moonlight. She looked ahead, where she could see the forest clear to reveal a huge black rock that both stood out and blend in. The Obsidian Rock. Shadow glided down before gently placing Isa on the ground, which was covered in a layer of frost. It crunched under her feet as she stepped forward and placed a hand on the huge igneous rock in front of her. It was smooth and cool under her hand.
"I always liked the feeling," Her mother said wistfully as she landed beside her, quickly changing to her human form.
She beamed, nodding in agreement as she hugged her mother. She enjoyed the moment, trying not to get lost in her whirl of thoughts. Her mom pulled away first, looking up at the stars. Isa turned to look at the group of teenagers that where here for the same thing, to unlock their second form.
"Love you mom! See you later Shadow," She proclaimed as she went over to the group of teens, waving good bye.
Her mom watched her go, Shadow turning and taking off into the air. Isa felt a bit off in the group, her white hair standing out in the sea off dark colored hair. Maybe, just maybe, she could prove she was one of them.
~~~~~~~

She waited for awhile, watching the moon slowly rise in the sky, little by little. It felt like forever.
"We can start," A voice proclaimed, cutting the silence like a knife.
She glanced towards the voice, quickly spotting the person who was talking. It was a man that looked to be in his late 30's, with brown hair and gleaming red eyes. He was wearing a simple black suit and a pair of polished black dress shoes.
"Really? What do we do," One of the teenagers asked impatiently, excitement clear.
"Everyone find a place under the moon. Give lots of space for everyone, you don't want to accidently hit someone with a wing or tail," The man advised as everyone broke away to find a place.
Isa looked around, finding a patch of grass not to far away. She ran over, patting the grass before sitting down. She could feel the wind ruffle her hair again, as if teasing her. It was quiet again, the silence calming. She closed her eyes, folding her legs as she took a deep breathe of the cool, crisp air.
"Now, everyone listen up! I want you to close your eyes and just enjoy the moment," The man stated, though Isa was barely listening.
It's nice, She reflected, letting her thoughts wander, To be here. To just have a moment to relax and just breathe. I should do this more often.
"Just relax and when your ready, imagine yourself. Then, imagine your power slowly taking form. Visualize what you will look like and then let yourself take form."
Isa nodded, imagining herself, just a normal person. She thought of her soul, an orb of white, glowing and pulsing with life. Then, it spreading, coming into form. A Shadow Stalker, a crisp white skin, a pair of blue eyes. Then she was spreading her wings, the wings she would have and taking off into the sky. She felt a cold sensation fill her, starting in her chest and spreading through her. It wasn't a shocking cold, but a nice feeling, like the first day of winter. She slowly opened her eyes, feeling the cold sensation fade a bit, but still there. She looked at the others, they where all in their special form. Some darker colors, some lighter. But they all looked similar. She looked at the grass, alarmed to see a thick layer of frost around her. Then she glanced at her hands and held back a gasp. Her hands looked normal, with claws at the end of her fingers. Her skin was a pale white blue color, a lot like someone who was very cold looked like. Her skin lacked the eyes everyone else had and she knew, even without looking that she did not have wings or a tail. She reached back anyways, touching empty air where her wings should have been. She stood up in a hurry, holding back panic as she touched her head. Hair. No horns. She took an uneasy step back, feeling the man's eyes watch her. He muttered something, which she made out to be 'spirit', whatever that was.
Edited By Sleepdeprivedgremlin on 12/1/2020 at 2:29 PM.
Sleepdeprivedgremlin
Level 50
Posted: 12/1/2020 at 2:27 PM Post #3
What's happening, She asked herself, watching the frost grow thicker around her feet, What am I? What's wrong with me? Why can't I turn into the form they can?
Her mind was full of questions and she suddenly felt overwhelmed, Where they right? When they made fun of me for not being one of them?
She could feel her eyes well up with tears as she turned away, staring into the forest.
"Wait, don't go," The man said suddenly, causing everyone to open their eyes and look at her.
It was too much. So many gazes. Too many. She started running, hearing voices behind her, but ignoring them. The woods seemed to close around her, protecting her. A safe place. But she didn't feel safe. She wasn't normal, all she ever wanted, she was a monster. She kept running, hearing sticks and leaves crack under her feet. The wind howled, whipping her hair around mercilessly. She didn't stop until her lungs burned and tears started running down her cheeks. She leaned against a tree, wiping her tears away. The ground around her was starting to freeze, including the tree she was leaning on.
"Wh... what am I," She whispered to herself, looking at her pale hands, "What happened to me. Th-they where right."
"Nah. Your a spirit, one that shouldn't exist," A voice echoed through the air, startling her.
She looked around wildly, not spotting anything, who had said that?
"Don't be afraid, I'll make your death quick and painless," The voice continued as someone jumped down and landed in front of her.
She stared at them. They were wearing a dark outfit, like one that an assassin would wear. A hood hid the person's face, but she could see red eyes staring at her. The person lunged at her, a green knife in each hand. Jade knives. Isa yelped, stepping aside and throwing up her hands to block the blow. The knives cut into her arm, cutting some nasty cuts. She flinched at the pain, turning and starting to run. She only made it so far before she tripped over the root of a tree. She threw out her arms to catch herself, hurrying to a stand only to be pushed back to the ground. She struggled to stand, only to be pinned to the ground, defenseless.
"Trying to run? You even fail at that," The voice sneered.
She hissed softly, feeling a thick layer of ice cover the ground under her. They were insulting her? The cuts on her hand were starting to throb pain and blood, blue blood, splattered on the ground. She closed her eyes, preparing for the end. Maybe she did deserve it, for being different. Nothing. She opened her eyes and pushed herself to her feet. No resistance. She turned around and realized why. Her mom, in her special form, was fighting the person. The hooded figure was dodging around most attacks, but wasn't able to land any blows. Her mother was helping her!
But what if we aren't actually family? She can clearly see I'm different, what if I have to leave? Questions flashed in her head as she watched, unsure if she should step in and help.
"Stupid Shadow Stalker! I'll be back with help," The person said, before turned and running off into the woods.
"You okay," Her mother asked, gently taking Isa's hands to look at the scratches.
Isa reluctantly nodded, pulling her hands free. The cuts still hurt, but they were already feeling better. She then noticed her mother had a huge nasty gash running down the side of her neck to her chest. She thought nothing had hit her!
"Are you okay? That's a nasty cut," She pointed to the wound, which her mother shrugged off.
Her mother sighed, picking up Isa after a moment, much to her protest.
"I... have something I need to tell you," Her mother said before taking off into the sky.
~~~~~~

It didn't take long to get home, much to Isa's surprise. Usually it took longer. She didn't think on this much though, worrying about other things.
What does she want to tell me? Is she going to be okay? Am I okay? She could feel her head fill with questions once again, ones that would hopefully be answered.
"Let's wrap those wounds," Her mother cut off her thoughts as she led her inside.
Isa nodded, her wounds still burning and dripping with the strange blue blood. Her mother grabbed some bandages from the drawer nearby. Isa watched her wrap them around her arms, wincing a bit in pain. She looked around the simple living room, glad she was back home, but nervous at the same time.
What if they don't want me anymore? She asked herself.
"It's okay Isa, I'll love you no matter what you look like," Her mother reassured her, as if reading her thoughts.
Isa nodded slowly, feeling better. She was happy that her mother wouldn't abandon her, why would she? She smiled a bit before grabbing the bandages and start to wrap her mother's wound. It was a bit sloppy, hanging a bit loose, but she had stopped the bleeding at least.
"What did you want to tell me," Isa finally asked, a bit timid.
"I think you realize by now your a bit different," Her mother said as Isa nodded, "Follow me."
Her mother led her to her room, the one room she wasn't allowed. It was the room her mom used to do magic, her own private space. Isa knew a bit about magic, she had learned at the teachings she had went to when she was younger. Her mother let her go first and she entered the room. It was messy, scrolls and books scattered everywhere. There was a huge bed in the far right corner, the only place that was near. There was a bookshelf to the right with vials filled with colorful liquid on it. The wall was the smooth stone of the mountain, some parts speckled and some just a bland gray. Glowing balls of light floating near the ceiling, lighting up the room. It was breathtaking and Isa could help but stare for a couple of seconds.
"A little crowded in here, but I don't mind."
"Yeah. It's very nice and messy," She observed as she moved out of the way to let her mother come into the room, "But why do I need to come here?"
"Because what I need to show is in here," She explained as she walked over to a pile of scrolls on the ground, "Do you remember the story I told you when you were younger?"
"About the four gods and how we were made?"
"Yes. Do you remember the spirits?"
"Um... water, fire, earth and... clouds?"
"And air. Close though. Those were the four different powers given to them. I believe you might have one of them."
"What," She sputtered as she looked at her hands, which had returned to a normal look when they had been flying home. She was no longer in her special form.
"It's actually very common, since everyone has one. Of course, Shadow Stalkers don't, but you do. I'm just not sure which one," She explained as she looked as some scrolls intently.
Isa was only more confused, "I thought those were legends."
"Nope! I mean the gods are, but not the spirits, demons and Light Jumpers!"
"So your saying I'm one of these four spirits."
"Correct."
"So... why aren't you one?"
"Because..." She looked away, only confirming Isa's theory.
"Your not my real mother," She uttered, voice filled with shock.
Edited By Sleepdeprivedgremlin on 12/1/2020 at 2:30 PM.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.