Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 10/28/2020 at 12:15 AM Post #1
The object of this game is to create an original spooky tale! There is a catch though...you must use the following keywords somewhere in your story! :)

Rules

1. Create your own spooky story using the following words somewhere in your tale. You must use all of the keywords somewhere in your story.

Apocalypse
Banana
Bulbori
Clairvoyant
Curse
Fairies
Fever
Kelpari
Nightfall
Plague
Umbra Forest
Zombies

2. After you have written the story using all of the provided keywords come back and post your story in this thread. Please try and keep your story to a maximum of 1000 words and if you could help me out please bold the areas of your story that include the keywords. :)

3. Please try and keep your story PG13 rated, so nothing that would be deemed inappropriate for Sylestia.

4. The due date for this is end of the Fall Festival 2020

1st Place

Winner: Grapejuice (View Entry), Oiseau (View Entry)

Prizes: Free Stable, [Peerless Avatar Token] x1, 3-Visible Fall Festival Themed Pet of Choice (2-Vis if Majestic) OR Brew Catalyst of Choice, [Expedient Brew Agent] x1, [Premium Vial Holder] x2, [Box of Brewing Supplies] x1, [Box of Brewing Agents] x3

2nd Place

Winner: Celticnuru (View Entry), Creativity (View Entry), SpaceElf1 (View Entry)

Prizes: Free Stable, [Majestic Brew Catalyst] x1 OR [Fabled Brew Catalyst] x1, [Expedient Brew Agent] x1, [Premium Vial Holder] x1, [Box of Brewing Supplies] x1, [Box of Brewing Agents] x3

All Participants
With valid submissions

Prizes: Title: Ghost Writer, [Fabled Brew Catalyst] x1, [Box of Brewing Agents] x2, [Chocolate Coins] x500
Edited By Krinadon on 12/2/2020 at 4:47 PM.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 10/28/2020 at 2:01 AM Post #2
This thread has been moved to: Official Games and Contests.
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 10/28/2020 at 11:20 AM Post #3
A Race Against Time

By: Celtinuru

With in the darkness of the Umbra Forest during the great apocalypse of 2020...A sole surviving bulbori by the name of Drago scampered about. He lost his family and those he knew to a devastating plague that currently was ravaging the land killing thousands upon thousands. It didn't matter who nor what you were or are. It showed no mercy to anyone. Taking hold of it's victims quickly and viciously with a high fever at first, then pustule sores that lead to organ failure. Death would have been a sweet release from this curse upon the land, but it did not stop there. No it kept you living...Craving...Hungering for living flesh during it's final stages much like that of classic band of infectious zombies.

Thankfully, Drago had been spared that fate. But with his current predicament, Drago wasn't so sure he was better off. He, like everyone else, was no clairvoyant. There was no way to have foreseen anything like this coming. It simple was. And there was no end in sight. At least that he could see. And with no one to talk to, or even see...Was most defiantly taking it's toll on him.

Yet still, even with the dismal scene set out before him, Drago not allow nor permit himself to succumb to the heaviness of his unfortunate isolation just yet. No..Drago would continue on, even if that meant to his dying breath. For you see, Drago knew there had to be someone out there.

There just had to be someone whom was just as alone as he. And maybe together they might stand a chance with some real sign of hope. Only time could tell. For now though, Drago continued his trek through the under brush of the Umbra Forest carrying his only possession. A half rotten banana that he managed to take with him from home. The only source of edible sustenance he could trust that was not infected or contaminated with whatever this disease was. And since he knew his journey was going to be a long one, he had to make things stretch. So he only nibbled on the banana when necessary to keep up his strength, which too was starting to fade.

However...Come nightfall, Drago was nearly spent from his tiring journey. His wary body came to rest near the water's edge of a wide river. He knew he had to swim across to get to the other side. But the gentle lapping of water eased a bit of Drago's woes. It lured him to a false sense of security with the temptation of a sound night's sleep. And sleep was starting to sound real good right now. The only thing that truly stopped him was the fear that one never knew when you might stumble across an infectious horde of zombies that this plague had created. It was getting hard though not to sleep, and the time between blinks steadily began to lengthen. It was only a matter of time before his wary body would give out.

That was until he heard a voice calling out to him. Blinkly rapidly to snap out of his grueling haze, he looked around and saw the top portion of a kelpari sticking up out of the water looking over at him. There was sentience to the eyes that made it clear to Drago that this creature before him was not infected by the plague that came from no where and everywhere all at once. But a living, breathing creature just as he. It mattered not either way, this creature was a marvel to Drago. How could it be that he or she was here? Was he dead? Was the plague over, and he painfully unaware? He wasn't curtain. Yet the spray from the water that the kelpari sent his way, told him that this in fact was very much still real. And he was face to face with another living soul.

Oh joyous day! Drago was not alone! Drago had finally found someone to communicate with. And it brought him so much excitement, that he was blissfully unaware of what was creeping up behind him. But the kelpari knew, as they could see it. And it literally terrified them to no end.

Alarmed, the kelpari frantically tried to persuade the now excited Drago on to his back, so that he may carry him across the river to the other side where it was safe or flea before it was too late. The kelpari's sudden frantic behavior burst Drago's bubble of excitement. Why would he want to take such a risk? Make such a leap of faith? He questioned not only the kelpari but himself. It was at that point, that he took a closer look of his surroundings and finally caught sight of a zombified lighira stalking him. Instantly, Drago let out a blood curdling scream. Allowing his natural instincts to kick in, Drago leapt into action and away from the now lunging lighira and on to the kelpari's back.

Angrily, the lighira snapped it's jaws at being deprived of it's meal before turning back to disappear once more into the dark under brush. Sighing in relief, as the kelpari swam to the other side...Drago felt an odd stinging sensation just above his tail. Looking back, he saw claw marks of where the lighira had managed to strike. Instantly his heart sank. He was doomed. He knew it. He just knew it. Seeing his companion's panic though, the kelpari felt compelled to help. As they traveled across the river, he told Drago that he knew of a sacred place. It was far from here. And just maybe if he didn't delay, he could get help from the residence there. The residences were a small group of fairies that have been rumored to have magic with health properties. Drago wasn't sure to what to do, but with reassurance from the kelpari, Drago set out on a new journey against time itself with his life at stake.
Edited By Celticnuru on 10/28/2020 at 11:22 AM.
Aspenanimations
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 90
Posted: 10/29/2020 at 1:02 AM Post #4
(how do I delete this)
Edited By Aspenanimations on 10/29/2020 at 12:51 PM.
Aspenanimations
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 90
Posted: 10/29/2020 at 12:46 PM Post #5
Choice

You drive up to a normal average stoplight on the edge of Umbra Forest. It was slowly drizzling with the light of dusk slowly slipping away, giving way to nightfall. You look back to that stoplight waiting impatiently, for you had places to go and people to see! Why could one light stop you with such ease? You wait and stare but when you finally look away its all gone, nothing but a black void seemingly staring back, it feels almost like a zombie apocalypse. You reach out desperately for something to grab onto, something to save you. There is no escape. There are two paths in front of you. You gaze down each, one a memory you wish you could escape. The other a distant clairvoyant dream.

The rain begins to quicken and thunder rolls in an angrily overhead. The past has formed a Kelpari of hatred, it stares you down from the black path of the past, you try to run but you can only move forward. Closer you come as you inch towards the Kelpari its like walking on banana peels. It's red cursed eyes burn with hatred, a hatred for every wrong you've done. And all you can do is walk towards it. Choice is now dead. It leaps and the only thing you can say is it wasnt me! Blame. Thats all you can do. You drive up to a normal average stoplight.

Choice p.2 (the backstory)

Why this is happening forever you might ask? Beep. You are in a deep sleep, Bulbori, you need to wake up. All you hear is an enchanting fairy-like voice that plauges your thoughts, of someone you no longer recognize. Beep. You fall back into a fevered sleep. An empty void, a path, this time though is different there is no Kelpari. Beep. You walk down that dangerous path, almost joyfully. You dont remember anymore, do you? You turn around, the Kelpari is back. Beep. You begin to run; you cant stop now this is the farthest youve ever came. Beep. The once solid ground crumbles beneath you. You fall, somebody in a distant echo calls your name in desperation, they scream. Beep. Snarls and growls are the only thing you hear now. You monster, you smiled a bit.

There are now many Kelpari this time coming for you. Beep. You regret not going back. You are now in your car you drive as fast as you can. Ahead the light turns red, you cant stop you must run for what you've done is greater than consequences yet to come. Beep. You drive past it then your whole car is engulfed in two large lights. You feel pain then nothing. The irritating beeping has now stopped only a solid hum can be heard; you no longer feel anything but the black void that surrounds you. Its over, rest.

(oops sorry didnt mean to ping you I was getting the words list)
Edited By Aspenanimations on 10/29/2020 at 12:52 PM.
LuciDatum
Level 70
Ghost Writer
Threads: 44
Posted: 10/29/2020 at 6:11 PM Post #6
Fallen from Grace

A young Clairvoyant by the name of Grimlock whimpered, cowering as the dark, menacing trees of the Umbra Forest loomed over his form. His senses told him this was wrong, begged him to defy fate. He was the official Clairvoyant in his village of fairies... and while he knew his fate was well past sealed, he wished to avoid it at any cost. He ventured deep into the forest, the apocalypse having long since wreaked havoc on the village. Some of the fairies had fallen ill, and only he had seen the plague that would befall them. He saw a fairy, young and pale, grow ill. Her fever grew too great for her small form, and she passed on. However, come nightfall, she would be transformed into a Kelpari. This Kelpari was no ordinary one, with a sickly yellow skin reminiscent of a rotting banana, and a thirst for blood and flesh. A zombie. He shuddered at the memory, willing to drive it from his mind. But what else would he think about? This curse of his, this clairvoyance, showed him what awaited as he walked. He couldn't take his mind off it, it was all he had left. The village had been almost wiped out by this plague by now, those that hadn't fallen ill being ripped apart by these false sylesties. It was brutal, and he was running out of protective herbs. He had no choice. He finished walking to the bush he needed, whispering one final, hopeful prayer, before rummaging for twigs and leaves he needed. That was when he saw it. That cursed beast. That deep crimson Bulbori. It lunged at him, and the last thing he saw was the claws flying at his face, and that wicked, skinless smile that was on every one of the infected.
Edited By LuciDatum on 10/30/2020 at 12:27 PM.
Scarlitskys
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 52
Posted: 10/30/2020 at 9:46 AM Post #7
Fairies can be malevolent beings, and that cannot be none truer in the Umbra Forest.

Wandering through the Umbra Woods was a pair of young friends, a bulbori named lunaris and a kelpari called hyponi.
Basking in the glow of the forests dim light lie a marble pedestal, and on top it, a glistening golden banana.

"What's a banana doing here?" inquired Lunaris.
" I don't know, but I am going to eat it"
"what are you doing don't-" Lunaris was cut short, for when Hyponi turned around, the banana was already eaten.
*snickering*
"What was what" Lunaris said, frantically looking around.
"probably the wind, don't worry about it. We should starting heading back now, my mom will kill me if I came home after dark"

And with that the pair wondered home, but little did they know the banana was a trap, for the forest fairies had cursed it.

When the pair came to the village, the curse was rearing its face. Hyponi collapsed on the ground with a high fever. When the other villagers gathered around to see what was wrong, Hyponi started to cough and hack. That was the being of the end.

Upon hearing all the commotion the village Clairvoyant came rushing by, pushing every one away.
"Get back! Get back I say!" Yelled the elder, "This child is cursed! He must be expelled from the village before nightfall so he wont spread their cursed plague amoung us!"

The warning was too late, for the child has already turned, and soon the others did too.
In a mass of twisting and convulsing bodies, the effected villagers started to shuffle it's way towards the child.
terrified, Lunaris ran back into the forest, stumbling upon the pedestal again.
*snickering*
"who are you? come out now!" screamed Lunaris
And out popped a small group of faires, all dainty looking and sweet.
"are you the ones who did this? are you the ones who turned my village into zombies?!" The moans of Lunaris' former village folk can be heard in the distance.
"yes", said the faires in causal unisense.
"Why would you see about the apocalypse?" cries Lunaris as they noticed their friend Hyponi in the hoard.
"some times you just want to see the world burn" replied the fairies, as the hoard moved in toward the child.
Lunaris tried to runway, but failed, their screams could be heard from the village as their friend ate them alive. all the while the fairies laughed and sang was they danced back into to the forest.
Creativity
Level 71
Cutely Creative
Threads: 253
Posted: 10/30/2020 at 12:26 PM Post #8
The Ballad of Persephone

Come autumn, come spring - oh, how the seasons are bound to change!

I never asked for this personal apocalypse, crafted by those who cared more for their own selfish desires than anything I might've wanted. No one's happy, least of all me, the very one bargained and manipulated so. Tis the eve of autumn, and down I shall go - down to the place where it's always nightfall. Down, down, away from the living. Away from the light.

They count on me to bring it all back come spring. My mother was so foolish, she swore off her duties, and like a family curse, it falls to me. As if that's at all fair. I am a bargaining chip - a prisoner of the harvest on earth, a prisoner of my husband down below. I suppose it could be said that he treats me well. He worships the very ground on which I walk. If ever I should want for material things, I need only to say the word. However, a worshipping husband and a river of spirits and zombies hardly make for a happy life. The very world which my husband rules over - and I, six months of the year - is desolate and full of plague.

Up above, where the Bulboris hop and the Kelparis roam the sea - that's no better. How am I expected to simply transition from the hell down below to the hell up above, and then make it better? How am I expected to ripen the bananas and frolic with fairies, considering all that I witness in the latter parts of the year? This burden, this weight on my shoulders shall pin me down forever, I suspect. Trapped in an unending cycle of being someone else's property. Transferred like currency.

I am not currency. I am not a basket of grain. I am a person, like any other. What a thing it is to be reduced to the property of others. What a horrible, demeaning thing. I'm clairvoyant, you know, in the way that I know one aspect of the future, and one aspect only: I shall suffer.

Whether I'm with my mother in the Umbra Forest or with my husband in the Underworld, I shall suffer. And the heart is a fickle thing that grows fonder in the face of absence. I yearn for my husband during the warm months and want nothing to do with him when I'm below. I ache for my mother when I'm below but would rather see her fall to a fever in the spring.

Is that cruel? Are these the ravings of a cruel madwoman? Maybe so. I wouldn't be surprised - they both deserve it for turning me into this, anyway.

The moon is high now - it's time for me to travel back down. Down for the autumn and the winter while the world above starves. I am but a lark on a leash, allowed to fly only from one cage to the other. A lark never will sing whilst caged - why should I?
Edited By Creativity on 11/11/2020 at 8:48 AM.
Rxbxcca
Level 31
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 2
Posted: 10/31/2020 at 1:21 PM Post #9
The Queen's Curse

One winters morning, a Bulbori named Lyra awoke to go about her usual day. She got ready and left her home to go to the park. On the way there, she bumped into her friend, Olympus. Noticing his sad expression, she asked 'whats wrong?' He responded miserably 'Its the queen. Something terrible has hapenned.' Before he could say another word, Lyra ran towards the Queen's palace to find out what had hapenned.
The queen looked sick, as if she had a fever. She declared 'It was the evil fairies. They put a curse on me and now im sick. I fear i may die if we dont hurry and reverse the curse.' Startled by this, Lyra shouted 'What can i do? I wont let you die.' The queen looked out her frosted window 'You must travel to umbra forest, and find the ingredients on this list.' She handed Lyra a crumpled paper. 'You must give this to the Kelpari Rei, the potion maker who lives in umbra forest. The potion he makes shall cure me. BUT, you must do this all before nightfall. Go now, warrior.' And so Lyra set of on her journey.
AS she ran towards the forest she read over the ingredients ' 1 banana, 3 red berries, 2 orchid petals and a spiders web.' When she arrived at the forest, she searched high and low for the ingredients. Spotting a banana tree, she quickly climbed up it and picked up a ripe yellow banana. Stuffing it into her satchel bag, she spotted an orchid bush in the distance. She picked up 2 petals and put these in her bag. Soon enough, she had easily found the ingredients. All that was left was finding the Kelpari.
Suddenly, an evil maniac laugh errupted from behind Lyra. The evil fairy Queen. 'What do we have here? A brave little warrior trying to stop our curse?' Lyra shouted back 'Yes. And im going to reverse it.' Hurriedly she ran away from the fairies. The fairies unleashed a pack of Zombies and ordered them to capture her.
Lyra ran as fast as her feet could take her. She stumbled over a log on the floor and fell on the ground. Her paws covered in dirt, she sighed. The fairies were close now. Let's tell you our little plan before we finish you. We will unleash a plague and everyone will be sick, and then nobody will be left except the fairies. There will be an apocalypse. And we will rule the kingdom! The queen yelled at Lyra. She flew close to her and was just about to spill the potion over lyra, when a wing yanked her away. It was Rei, the Kelpari. They both ran at the speed of light, the fairies following close behind and then further and further away from them. They stopped by Reis den. Looking around Lyra found that the fairies were nowhere to be seen.
Thank you Rei. You saved my life. Lyra hugged Rei delightfully. Then realising it was almost nightfall, she quickly went into Reis workshop. The queen is sick, and needs a potion made from these ingredients. Lyra pulled the banana, orchid petals, berries and spider web from her bag and handed them to Rei. Oh no, i hope she will be okay. Ill make the potion as fast as i can. Rei took the ingredients and threw them into a cauldron. He began mixing and stirring the potion hastily. Then, Rei poured the brew into a glass vial. This will cure the queen. Hurry now, it is almost nightfall.
Lyra took the vial and ran back through the forest, keeping clear of the fairies hideout. She could see the sun beginning to disappear. Finally, she had arrived at the queens palace. She quickly ran up the palace steps and handed the vial to the queen. A pale and lifeless face turned into an olive lively one. The queen smiled and congratulated Lyra. The queen remarked Im not clairvoyant but i know you will be a fine queen one day. Lyra thanked the queen and went back home. And at last, the town was happy once again.
Edited By Rxbxcca on 10/31/2020 at 2:14 PM.
Theialish
Level 70
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 60
Posted: 11/2/2020 at 6:02 PM Post #10
Omensight of the Silent

Deep within the heart of the Umbra Forest, a Kelpari lived in a pond. His name was Flow, simple like a bacterium. Flow had an uncanny ability to see the future, and was outcasted for it. The Nightfall Bandits tried to steal him for their wicked deeds, but he evaded them. Little did anyone know, a vision was coming..

The sun was rising, as its rays drooped over the horizon. They pierced through the canopy of the Umbra Forest, and reflected off Flow's pond. The Kelpari floated to the surface of the water, grabbing a banana he had stored. Flow wanted to take it easy, but something told him he couldn't. The sensation caused a raging fever to radiate throughout his body. Flow tried to calm himself down, until he saw his Bulbori friend.

This Bulbori's name was Spinel. Spinel was Flow's best friend, and they knew each other since hatching. Flow felt like he could trust Spinel with his secrets. As Spinel hopped along, the fever returned at full force. Flow's vision faltered and warped into a new vision. Fairies were fleeing from their homes, and the air smelled like a plague. The clairvoyant Kelpari felt like he was really there; draped in the curse.

As apocalypse raced through Flow's vision, Spinel shook him hard. The Kelpari didn't feel anything, like he was in a trance. Thoughts about the visions tormented his mind, like a mob of zombies. These 'zombies' felt so real though..

Flow's eyes snapped open. How long had he been in stasis? Normally, his visions didn't last too long! Staring around, he saw a shadow dart across the forest floor. The shadow was followed by multiple more; too many to count. Then, a familiar voice resonated. It was Spinel, trapped within a hoard of zombies!

Flow knew that there were too many zombies to fight off, so he couldn't help Spinel. The Bulbori already looked dead, with decayed green tints all over. Flow blamed it all on himself; he was the one who had the vision! Darting to his pond, the Kelpari waited until the zombies left. After a while, Flow lifted his head up only to see a disturbing sight...

"Hello, Flow..."
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.