Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Pet Sharing and Design Discussion > Design Critique?
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Whitecobra
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 54
Posted: 7/7/2020 at 3:43 AM Post #1
Yo I'm a bored human and really want to improve design. Please give critique!

(I should specify that this is for fun and not for anything sylestian related. I just want to understand colours and design.)

Next One I need Critiquing:

Old Ones (feel free to critique these too if you feel something needs to be added):

Original
Edited By Lpscat120 on 7/9/2020 at 4:39 PM.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 7/8/2020 at 4:25 AM Post #2
I'll give it a shot! c: I'm by no means a great designer (on Sylestia or otherwise lol), but I like digging into why I like certain designs over others.

1. Wings and Contrast
I like the scheme you have between the dark black and the neon, toxic green. They stand well against each other, which I call contrast: the mane (EC and G2) and the rest of the body (C1 mainly).
In comparison, my eyes are drawn to the wings and they do not have the same strong contrast. M2 (the background of the wings) is a faded green-gray, while A1 is a faded-pastel-green. I personally would prefer leaning into that contrast that you had, having a stronger black against a stronger green:

2. Contrast in Tribal Markings
I personally also would lean into having a stronger black for the tribal markings. It's more apparent with the hatchlings because the wings aren't covering up most of the mane, but making that contrast stronger can be striking!

(the wing isn't recolored here because I refreshed the image lol)

3. Great Use of Grays Elsewhere!
The faded green-gray on the mutations helps some of those smaller details pop out against the body, and I think designing for that is thoughtful and gives depth to the Mechanical Helmet piece. Those small details tend to get lost as the image gets smaller than 250px, but I think the varying shades is nice instead of a pure-black helmet!

4. Very Radioactive!
I definitely get a sorta futuristic, punk, toxic neon vibe from the design, so I think you nailed it well! ^^ While most themes/color palettes consist of multiple colors to bring it all together, the black+green combo works well on the lupora and for the traits you had.

Great job!
Whitecobra
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 54
Posted: 7/9/2020 at 1:49 AM Post #3

Taking in what you said, I chose to go back through and edit it a little. I liked how the metal looked, but you were right. It doesn't fit well with the whole thing put together. I took the black idea and chose to also edit a few other things to try and balance it to my liking.
Thanks for the critique!
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 7/9/2020 at 2:08 AM Post #4
I'm glad I could help! And I see you tweaked the body colors, they really help the blacks stand out too! c: You're welcome!

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.