Players 2,359 344
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,252,691 861
Generated 656,375 25
Captured 1,190,864 31
Bred 6,405,357 805
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > Question on Mutations and Offspring Stat...
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Witchwolf
Level 60
Threads: 3
Posted: 12/10/2013 at 9:36 PM Post #1
So, I was fiddling around with the breeding previews and noticed a curious thing. If I cross one Vulnyx with Demon Wings (mutaton 1) with a lady with Feathered Wings (also mutation 1), the offspring always shows as having Feathered Wings.

So, I am wondering, what am I missing here? Can pets here carry one dominanat and one recessive gene in the same gene or mutation slot? If that is so, then my result makes sense. However, playing around with the Generators only lets me choose between "visible" and "carries" in the same mutation slot.

So, can anyone shed some light on this for me? I understand the basic way inheritance works here, but this just puzzles me to no end.

And while I'm at it, another little question - What determines the stats of the offspring? PAren'ts stats, I assume, in which case parent levels also play a part I guess? I read somewhere that offspring's stats fall somewhere between the stats of both parents (around 20% of the parents' stats or so), but does that then mean that if I, for example, breed two Sylestis with buffed up Intelligence, the offspring's highest stat will then be Intelligence, too?
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 12/10/2013 at 9:49 PM Post #2
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=8957&page=1#1
Author: Witchwolf
Time Posted: 12/10/2013 at 9:36 PM
So, I was fiddling around with the breeding previews and noticed a curious thing. If I cross one Vulnyx with Demon Wings (mutaton 1) with a lady with Feathered Wings (also mutation 1), the offspring always shows as having Feathered Wings.

So, I am wondering, what am I missing here? Can pets here carry one dominanat and one recessive gene in the same gene or mutation slot? If that is so, then my result makes sense. However, playing around with the Generators only lets me choose between "visible" and "carries" in the same mutation slot.

So, can anyone shed some light on this for me? I understand the basic way inheritance works here, but this just puzzles me to no end.

And while I'm at it, another little question - What determines the stats of the offspring? PAren'ts stats, I assume, in which case parent levels also play a part I guess? I read somewhere that offspring's stats fall somewhere between the stats of both parents (around 20% of the parents' stats or so), but does that then mean that if I, for example, breed two Sylestis with buffed up Intelligence, the offspring's highest stat will then be Intelligence, too?

Hey there Witchwolf.

Yes, pets can carry 1 dominant and 1 recessive gene in the same slot. If you go to the preview generator, the lower the gene/mutation is on that gene/mutation slot, the more recessive it is. Your offspring will have something called a "hidden carry". (listed under MD1 in the code, AB, where A would represent the dominant gene, Feathered Wings and B would represent the recessive gene, Demon Wings)

For stat breeding, the offspring should have the parents average base stats, plus whatever bonus it got to it's base stat when it hatched. Parents levels effect what level the offspring might be born at~ I think anywhere between level 0-6 from what I've seen so far, but I could be wrong~ I can give you a more detailed explanation of stat breeding in the morning if you'd like. Too tired to do so right now. TwT
Edited By Eimell on 12/10/2013 at 9:54 PM.
Witchwolf
Level 60
Posted: 12/10/2013 at 10:07 PM Post #3
Ah, thanks! Now things make much more sense. Of course, genetic testing does not reveal the recessive gene being carried alongside the dominant one in the same slot... from what I managed to see thus far?

And yes, I'd appreciate a more detalied breakdown of stat breeding, too. No hurries, though - It will be a while before I start any actual breeding on here. Take your time. And thanks again. :)
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Posted: 12/10/2013 at 10:15 PM Post #4
Genetic testing will reveal the recessive in the code~ it just won't say it on the page. ;) So if you open up the image link of a Sylesti such as....this one: Offspring Ryori

Her code will show:
http://www.sylestia.com/imagebuilder.php?species=ryori&breed=sylesti&gender=female&gd1=BC&gd2=NN&gd3=AA&md1=NN&md2=CC&md3=NN&ec=f7baf3&c1=1a181e&c2=5a2c65&c3=4a4367&gd1c=823709&gd2c=6c6a72&gd3c=d06eee&md1c=35092b&md2c=a01a69&md3c=ea26fc&maturity=648&size=250

gd1=BC, B being Marbled and C being hidden Double Stripes
Solid NN= no traits carried
NA/NB/NC/Etc.= (she doesn't have one of these, but just as an example~) carried trait, not vis
AA,BB,CC,Etc.= Vis trait, no hidden carries

I'll try to type up a stat breeding guide tomorrow and will send you the link. ;)
Edited By Eimell on 12/10/2013 at 10:20 PM.
Witchwolf
Level 60
Posted: 12/10/2013 at 10:20 PM Post #5
Oh... Niiice! Didn't know that about the images. Looks like I'll have some fun times ahead of me now. Thank you!

And thanks for the stats breeding guide to come. Like I said, I'm in no hurry, so take your time.
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Posted: 12/10/2013 at 10:24 PM Post #6
*nods* I think for carries/hidden genes to show in the code, they do have to be genetically tested. If not, I think a Sylesti with a carry will show NN in the code for the carry, just a heads up. Okay~ and off to bed for now before I fall onto my laptop. =w=
Oogbar
Level 69
Adept Gladiator
Threads: 17
Posted: 12/18/2013 at 6:54 PM Post #7
To my knowledge, I agree with what was posted above, and will add that some genes are more dominant than others. I've hadthe cary gene on a mother show, over the visible gene of the father... multiple times.
And on the subject of stats, Level playes no role in the stats of the offspring, it is based off the base stats of the parrents at level 0. From what it looks like, if you reset all the level and profficiency points, then subtract the parrent's level frome their base stats, you'll get their stats at lvl 0. When breeding the parrents, if their stats are close, the offspring's stats will almost be the same. but the bigger the difference, the higher the odds of getting a lower stat.
It was explained to me, that the generator randomly picks stat numbers between the parrents' stats. So, if 1 has a base 150 str at lvl 0, and the other has 5, the offspring could have a strength, anywhere from 6 to

http://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=2590&page=1 (More explanations at this thread)
Edited By Oogbar on 12/18/2013 at 7:15 PM.
Witchwolf
Level 60
Posted: 12/18/2013 at 9:54 PM Post #8
So... From what I gathered from that other thread, basically, the only reliable way to gain more stats for the offspring is to philter the parents? Huh... I'm not sure I'm liking that one single bit. Smells way too much of "buy your way up" type of gameplay to me so... I think I might just skip and give the game a bit of a rest. Not a fan of breeding games where any significant breeding part can only be really done by paying cash...
Divinis
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 30
Posted: 12/19/2013 at 2:48 PM Post #9
Actually you can get philters from the scale shop! (nurture away!) But there were a ton given out for the Fall Festival, and it appears as though the same will happen this festival, so the broker is loaded up with them! It's only five points, so it will take longer than the diamond ones, but eh, it's still doable.
Witchwolf
Level 60
Posted: 12/19/2013 at 3:04 PM Post #10
Riiight! Scale shop! How did I manage to miss that (was probably staring at eggs too much).

Well, still not a fan of the stat boosting having nothing whatsoever to do with actual breeding, but... a bit better than cash-only option at least.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.