Players 2,351 354
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,259,683 2,759
Generated 656,461 10
Captured 1,191,100 33
Bred 6,412,027 2,716
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Mission and Quest Discussion > Vierna Tactics?
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Witchwolf
Level 60
Threads: 3
Posted: 12/9/2013 at 10:02 PM Post #1
Browsing through the forums, I bumped into "Vierna's Shade" but not Vierna herself. The encounter where she has that empowering spell going on perpetually and casts Word of Death every few turns or so - Any tips and tricks for it anyone would like to share?

To save you some trouble, I already kow about being properly geared up. I have legendary and epic items on my A-Team pets and I did stock up on potions beforehand. Still, the lady wipes the floor with my pets' collective asses in but a few turns, due to that Word of Death of hers and the 10-turns lasting life drains.

I see her buff is gaining... something or other from "the death of souls around her" and of course, the lower undead warriors around her just keep respawning. I figured I'd better go for her directly since I've no idea if she ever even runs out of her support units and even if she does, she'd kill me way before I manage to take even half of them out.

So... Tactics for that encounter anyone?
Edited By Witchwolf on 12/9/2013 at 10:03 PM.
Divinis
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 30
Posted: 12/10/2013 at 8:26 AM Post #2
Since this is in a dungeon, there's probably slightly more about the encounter in the Dungeons forum...

http://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=5984

and that basically says, DO NOT kill the guys beside her at all, ever. If you do that, she's not too hard to take down if you have your pets specced well and enough potions. You should probably read up about phase 2 of that battle if you haven't already as it turns out to be much harder.

Also, please don't use foul language.
Witchwolf
Level 60
Posted: 12/10/2013 at 10:52 AM Post #3
Ah, thanks! I completely forgot it's a dungeon so I looked through battle and quest discussions. I'll restock on potions and give it another go.

Also, sorry but what foul language? I'm pretty certain I haven't used any?
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 12/10/2013 at 3:11 PM Post #4
It's in your 2nd paragraph, where they wipe your pets' butts. xD
(No harm done, but remember, this is a PG13 site of sorts, and there's children around such an age, if not younger (that can't really be helped) that are on this site. o: )

Nevertheless.
I checked out your A-team (I assume is Sycila/Nyira for magic damage dealers and Darjash for tank). I think the only recommendation is to find Sycila a new Relic, either Evoker/Illusionist, with magical damage bonus (if you check, there's a physical attack bonus on instead).

Before the battle, I recommend filling up your pets' mana to 100% (for finishing blows on the first turn). I also recommend going to Aryth's Spire and roaming around a bit for at least one buff (whether it's HP+ or damage+) against her. The main object is to both stay alive and kill Vierna as fast as possible during this phase.

Also, spoiler, but this is a hint I found once you get past beating her first form.
Witchwolf
Level 60
Posted: 12/10/2013 at 3:17 PM Post #5
Aaaah... Sorry about that. IRL, I swear like a sailor. And as a non-native speaker, I'm never sure what, exactly, falls under the PG rating anyway (mercifully, we don't bother with those where I'm from). I do try to keep my posts clean as much as I can, but I do appologize for an occasional slip.

I managed to take out Vierna eventually, using both the tips here and on those two other threads, so thanks to everyone who chimed in! :)

Oh, and thanks for pointing out Syclia's relic. I didn't even check the damage bonus it had - I just went for the best stat bonuses and, more importantly, best percentages on mitigations and crits for her. I'll scour the Broker for something better if I can find it.

Thanks, everyone!
Edited By Witchwolf on 12/10/2013 at 3:19 PM.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.