Forum Index > News and Announcements > Easter Event Overview
Page 11 1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Kittbee
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 164
Posted: 5/31/2020 at 4:26 PM Post #101
...I'm not an old player? I wasn't even active until early 2019, and this is the only contest I've won.
Arista3lven3lysia
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Threads: 50
Posted: 5/31/2020 at 4:33 PM Post #102
seriously, I asked a question. talk to @KittyKatana because she told me thats why she left....so I was wondering. This was never something that I thought until I talked to her and honestly I really didn't believe it, I figured she was just mad but I needed to check because I was away for awhile.I'm fighting people over/in favor of BLM I'm not trying to fight anyone here too. but thanks, have a good day everyone.
Edited By Aristasinclair on 5/31/2020 at 5:33 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 5/31/2020 at 8:03 PM Post #103
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=87868&page=10#98
Author: Arista3lven3lysia
Time Posted: 5/31/2020 at 12:52 PM
[quote=2198100] so the player who got me into this game refuses to play anymore because you guys play favorites and pick the oldest players to win. I've always played for the breeding but if this is true Ill stop playing or recommending people to the game

I am sorry that you feel this way, but Faiona and I absolutely do not use any bias whatsoever when determining winners. We do everything we feasibly can to choose things as blindly as we are able to.

For this drawing specifically, I had no idea who even the winners were until I went to finally make the post to use their real Usernames, as all I had were two User ID #s.

I ran a script that took everyone who had all 26 Clues completed. Their User ID #'s were added into an array. The array was then shuffled and the top two were printed out. At no point did I even see who exactly was added to the array nor had any real part in the process as it was a script and it ran automatically. In the end, I was given two User ID #s. I created the pets and set up the pets for sale to those two numbers and then went to write up the announcement post - finally seeing who the actual users were.

If that is not considered fair enough for you, then I am not sure what to really tell you. But you absolutely will not find anyone else who tries as hard as I do to choose winners fairly and without bias.
Edited By Krinadon on 5/31/2020 at 8:49 PM.
Arista3lven3lysia
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 5/31/2020 at 8:45 PM Post #104
like I explained, I was just wondering solely because of someone I know. I really do appreciate this explanation and I will be passing this along to her (I realize that I'm not the best typist and I didn't mean for any miscommunication.) Thank you for everything you're doing
Vin
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 18
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 1:21 PM Post #105
I think they mean the theme desigs I know i've never won one. but I think thats because the older players have had a lot of time to figure out what the admins like so they can skew their entries toward their tastes. while I just do what I would like which is obviously not the same as their tastes. And I know its frustrating especially when you can't win even once and then the same person wins like eight times but i don't think it's favoratism. as it is skilled and strategic designing on the players' part. if that makes sense.
Tori
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 30
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 1:35 PM Post #106

I don't think they meant themed designs, as this is was a direct response to a giveaway result. However, even if that was the case, the statement would still not be true.

Going just off the themes that were chosen for the 2020 Spring Festival - the Red-Winged Blackbird Nytekrie was designed by Lostplanetvoltia, who joined late 2019. the Sun-Kissed Sylvorpa was designed by Buddyfluffy, who joined two months ago.

Again I'm sure there are more the further you go into what themes were chosen.

The designs may be hand-picked but they still do not really favour the older players. Just good design.

[I'm not disagreeing with you, Vin - I know in your last statement you say it's skilled designing, which is true and I agree with - I'm just giving more data against the 'biased towards older players' statement.]
Vin
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 18
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 4:38 PM Post #107
I don't mean the person here means it, I'd guess the person they talked to told them they never won anything and it was always the veterans and it was interpreted by the poster to mean something other than the intent. but obviously I know nothing for sure, it's just conjecture on my part. like trying to guess what was actually said at the start of the telephone game.

and I know that it's not just chance because then you'd actually have a better chance, but if your bad at color theory even if you think it's really pretty that wont be good enough because they choose all these ugly 'elegant' or whatever designs so I obvously don't know what they are looking for. but the people that do figure out what they want can make it and then they seem to win more often, but it's not anything deliberate on the admins part.
Arista3lven3lysia
Level 75
The Perfectionist
Posted: 6/1/2020 at 7:26 PM Post #108
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=87868&page=11#106
Author: Tori
Time Posted: 6/1/2020 at 1:35 PM

I don't think they meant themed designs, as this is was a direct response to a giveaway result. However, even if that was the case, the statement would still not be true.

Going just off the themes that were chosen for the 2020 Spring Festival - the Red-Winged Blackbird Nytekrie was designed by Lostplanetvoltia, who joined late 2019. the Sun-Kissed Sylvorpa was designed by Buddyfluffy, who joined two months ago.

Again I'm sure there are more the further you go into what themes were chosen.

The designs may be hand-picked but they still do not really favour the older players. Just good design.

[I'm not disagreeing with you, Vin - I know in your last statement you say it's skilled designing, which is true and I agree with - I'm just giving more data against the 'biased towards older players' statement.]
no. it was. didn't mean to start a thing....please stop you guys. i don't care
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 9, 10, 11
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.