Forum Index > Battle Discussion > Battle Advice Needed
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Gideondelta
Level 61
Threads: 5
Posted: 3/2/2020 at 10:31 AM Post #1
Hello,

I recently returned after a hiatus.. as I'd gotten stuck on advancing further on my quests.. but now I'm back to try again.

Currently, my quest is to search for Lady Saerielle in the Faerina's Shrine... Despite two of my team being level 30 and one being level 34, I keep ending up defeated. The enemies are level 25. It's gotten to the point where I've no more coin to spend on potions or healing.

Any advice on how to advance further? It seems like no matter what I try, they just keep dying off... I know it could be something I'm doing wrong and it may be a lot easier than I'm making it for myself.

Thank you to anyone who can offer me some advice on this. I'd greatly appreciate it!
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 3/2/2020 at 4:32 PM Post #2
which pets are on your team and what party slot order are they in?
Gideondelta
Level 61
Posted: 3/2/2020 at 4:36 PM Post #3
My current team is:

https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=4481954, https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=1963836, https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=4363370

Even after spending a bit of money, so I could afford more potions, it seems like a lost cause with this team. I'm starting to think I may need to start right back from the beginning with a whole new team... Using potions doesn't seem to help me much. They take my healthy down just as quickly as I heal it.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 3/2/2020 at 5:01 PM Post #4
Things to go over:
- Your party's elements/ party order
- your pets' proficiencies
- your pets' equipment

One of these pets (Kyana) doesn't have an element assigned (and thus no proficiencies either)

Typical team setup is Slot 1 Tank- Tanks are typically Earth, Water, or Shadow, though Light is another option, and that's what you have (most people prefer to have a different Tank + Light Healer rather than Light Tank/Healer, since if you are using a light tank/healer and it gets KO'd you lose two important battle positions at once)

Tanks are pretty personal builds, what works for one person doesn't necessarily work for another. They get profs to HP, attack, Agi (HP for being able to sponge more damage, Str/Int to raise the effectiveness of their healing/defence, Agi to boost their evasion chances.)

Light Healers (in slot 2 or 3) generally have their profs dedicated to Int (higher damage = better heals) and Dex (higher chance of critical hits = higher chance of critical heal return from those attacks), and get equipped for it as well (though some Int/Agi can be thrown in so they have slightly better evasion if the Tank gets heavily injured/KOd and they buy you enough time as a 'substitute tank' for you to heal/revive the tank.

C2 Soothing Rain ca'e'''s equips aren't very focused (Tank Light would want Int/Agi equips (Illusionist- she has one), Healers want Int/Dex (evoker, she also has one)
And 2HP helps with sponging attacks better, but since she also is the team healer, she really would do better with at least one prof point in Int (again, higher attack = better heals)

Fenris, being an air pet, should have all his profs in Str, or 1str/1dex. His equips should all by Myrmidon. At the moment he has an Illusionist relic, which is completely wrong. Illusionist and Evoker relics give a bonus to Magical Damage, Air is a Physical element. His relic is giving +65 damage to the stat he literally doesn't use at all) and none of his other equips aren't oriented to either of the stats he needs (save the assassin accessory, but that only boosts one of the stats he needs)

Kyana, as mentioned... doesn't have an element assigned, and thus has no proficiencies. Since she has no element, I can't say what kind of equip she needs.

They also need equipment upgrades- at lv30, you can get your hands on lv25 epic and legendary equips pretty easily (from Esior's Haven Very Hard mission satchels. Will also get you gold and healing items. There is a guide to missions in the player guides forum if you need it), which would be a dramatic step up from any and all uncommon and rare equips.

My suggestion overall would be:

Kyana in slot 1 as Tank. Make her Water, Earth, or Shadow.
Profs in HP, attack, or Agi (again, tanks are a pretty personal build. What does your pet need? Do they need to deal more damage to get better heals or make stronger shield moves? More HP to take more attacks? More Agi to dodge attacks?
Water and Earth need Assassin (Str/Agi) equips, Shadow gets Illusionist (Int/Agi)

Soothing Rain, slot 2, light healer.
Swap profs to Int.
Equip with Evoker (Int/Dex), maybe an Illusionist or two

Fenris, slot 3, air attacker.
Both profs to Str, or 1str/1dex.
Equips all Myrmidon (Str/Dex)
Edited By Scathreoite on 3/2/2020 at 5:03 PM.
Gideondelta
Level 61
Posted: 3/2/2020 at 5:11 PM Post #5
Thank you so much for taking the time to explain these things. I have to admit, I may have failed to understand the whole elemental thing from the beginning. The way you broke it down will definitely help me work on fixing things, so they hold a better chance at fighting.

I honestly had no clue that the equipment they had on would affect the rest, but that definitely makes sense. I'm going to work on switching things around on them. It's good to know at least it's something that should be fixable, without me having to start over. :) I'm pretty terrible when it comes to online games that have battle.
Gideondelta
Level 61
Posted: 3/2/2020 at 5:45 PM Post #6
Thank you again.

I did exactly what you said and it went far more easily. :) I don't think I ever would have gotten it without your help. I finished it with all of them still having 98% health. That's definitely a first.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 3/2/2020 at 5:54 PM Post #7
A lot of newbies have trouble with it! (but boy oh boy, it is a LOT easier these days compared to when I joined, back before the Proficiency Overhaul. Not sure if you remember what it was like back then but BOY)

Things to remember:
Water, Earth, Air = Physical elements.
They use the Strength stat, and deal damage calculated using their Physical Damage stat

Shadow, Light, Fire = Magical elements.
Use Intelligence stat, and damage is calculated off of their Magical Damage stat

Air, Fire = use Dexterity to inflict damaging debuffs on opponents

Tanks = use Agility to dodge attacks and preserve their HP

Healer = Dexterity means crits means bigger potential heals, Agi means better dodge and can sub for a tank better if needed.

Let's look at one of my nytes, Il Seong Hyeon (one of my Battle Board nytes, hence the level)
Her damage stats are:
Physical Damage: 140
Magical Damage: 629

Damage only calculates using the one relevant to the pet's element, so as a fire pet she makes no use of the Physical Damage stat at all.

Damage stats are made up of half of a pet's 'active' Str/Int + their Relic bonus.
For Il Seong Hyeon, her 'active' Int stat is 628 (which itself is made up of her base stat of 100 + 50 from level + 221 from her 2 int prof points + 257 from her equips' Int boosts) thus, half her active int is 314.

She then gets +315 from her relic's Magical Damage stat, bringing her up to 629.

If she had a relic that instead boosted her Physical Damage (pretending all the other stat boosts the equip gave were the same) she'd be stuck dealing 314 base damage- which would mean battles she was in would take a lot longer!

It's a bit complicated, and all you really need to take away from it is "Equips that boost the right stat add together to make Big Damage Boost"

And for team element setup, yeah, team synergy is good- gets really important once you hit the Lost Grove and suddenly go from your strongest opponents being 60 to them being 65.

Personally our two main teams are earth/light/air and water/light/fire (a good light healer is basically an invaluable resource, super handy to have)
Edited By Scathreoite on 3/2/2020 at 5:56 PM.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.