Players 2,533 428
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,205,930 810
Generated 653,745 96
Captured 1,186,876 59
Bred 6,365,217 655
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > How to Make a Strong Party?
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Embergeist
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 34
Posted: 2/16/2020 at 3:49 PM Post #1
Hi all,

I've been having a tough time keeping my party alive in the Lost Grove and I'm really not the kind of player who can afford to purchase all the things to revive or keep them alive. And I'm looking for some guidance.

If anyone could like, dig into my stables or give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with too many game mechanics and I've been here for a few years now. XD

Thanks much,
Embergeist
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 2/16/2020 at 4:45 PM Post #2
your current team is assumedly Erik/ Soul/ Fidel?

Yeah I can see why you'd have an issue.
Typical party setup in the Grove is a Tank/Healer/Attacker setup, rather than Tank/Attacker/Attacker

> All three pets do not have all their proficiency points assigned
Tanks are pretty personal and I don't have any real experience with Shadow tanks, but Tanks generally favor Agi, HP, and Attack
Light Healers and Air/Fire attackers typically get fully stocked as 3 attack/ 2 Dex (though some players like some HP on all their party pets)

> Soul's equips are fine

> Fidel's are okay for the most part, but he has an illusionist equip for some reason.

> Erik's are Bad- he has three Physical-type equips, including his relic. He needs Reaver (or Lightbringer, Illusionist, you could potentially give him Pyromancer or Evoker, since shadow pets CAN make use of Dex, but as a tank he'd probably do better with the full investment into agi.

(If you wanted to swap to the more typical tank/healer/attacker, I'd say decide if you prefer the spread damage of a fire pet or the focused damage of an air attacker first- if you prefer Air, you can easily swap Soul to being Light without needing to alter much of anything else, though if you prefer fire you might have to do some pet juggling)

Also a handy tip for getting used to the Lost Grove, if you stick to the top area (everything available from the entrance without going through the 'maze' that leads down to where the Ents/Captains are) only 1-enemy mobs spawn
Embergeist
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/16/2020 at 5:59 PM Post #3
Thanks so much! I started by attributing the pet's leftover points. I really have no idea what I'm doing. I assumed attack was the Strength or Intelligence so I put the points there for that bit and then Dexterity. I also rearranged the equips around.

I'm trying to figure out what I'm going to do for the healer dealio, do you have any other suggestions about what to do for that? I think I like fire, but I'm not sure.

Thanks very much for this information, I'm feeling a bit more confident with my team. I should have done this forever ago. XD

Thanks again,
Ember
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 2/16/2020 at 6:34 PM Post #4
yes, attack = int/str (it's just easier to use 'attack' when discussing proficiencies for both the physical and magical groups at the same time)

You could maybe see how other tank elements work for you (water/earth) if you like fire and don't want a wholly Int-based team (which a shadow/light/fire team would be).
Could also try to raise both a fire and an air pet (rotate them on/off the team or raise one then the other) so you have both at hand if needed (although ranking attacks can take Quite A While).

We personally have a fully trained water/light/fire and earth/light/air team if you'd like us to link them for you to look at (though they have high base stats so the way we use them might not work quite the same way for lower base stat pets, which have to be a bit more careful in general in the LG- we're on-and-off raising a team with our starter as a water tank, and he needs a different prof setup than our high-stat water tank since he can't take attacks so easily)

Our own preference is our main team (earth/light/air)- air's Decimate is something absolutely spectacular as it ranks up! Definitely a very handy element to use against bosses.
Fire can be pretty impressive too, good with spreading out the damage, I just happen to personally lean towards air
(and with the Cave bosses in the LG, for two of them a team with both air and fire is our go-to, even if getting to the bosses is an absolute pain since of course it's the two who live in the Deep Caves that it's a good strategy for, ugh)
Embergeist
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/16/2020 at 6:43 PM Post #5
I'd love to see the teams to get a good idea about what to do.

I guess I could try raising a different team with different attributes and see how they go.

Thanks very much for the information again!
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 2/16/2020 at 7:35 PM Post #6
Earth / Light / Air

Water / Light / Fire

Starter pet (Water) for comparison (in a team supported by a max stat but not max rank light pet)
Embergeist
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/16/2020 at 7:45 PM Post #7
Thanks so much, I'll be sure to look over these!

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.