Posted: 2/26/2020 at 11:41 AM Post #52
Okay, I'll copy and paste them when corrected to you once I'm out of school
Finchtheidiot
Level 74
Fancy Pants
Threads: 25
Posted: 2/26/2020 at 4:09 PM Post #53
Boost vs Philter one-

With the introduction of Nurture Boosting, Im having to completely rethink stats projects. Are Prismatic Philters still worth it? Will Nurture Boosting be reliable enough to replace them? And more importantly, what are the key differences between them?

At this point in time, Im not confident enough to answer the first two - theres simply not enough data on how consistent the high numbers of nurtures will be once theres no longer a festival task to incentivize it, and the cost of nurture boosting is still subject to change in the future. Currently, Im leaning towards Nurture Boosting being too unreliable to completely replace prismatic philters, and heres the main reason why. We know from Krins posts that with the maximum efficiency, a hatchling can receive 72 points from nurtures, but getting the maximized result would require 576 nurtures to be given to the pet within the very first hour of it being hatched. This extremely high number would be all but impossible to achieve, even during the major festivals. A more realistic expectation would be to get roughly 30-40 total stat boosts - roughly half the effectiveness of a prismatic philter. But this doesnt mean Nurture Boosts cant be useful, as they do have one key advantage.

With a prismatic philter, a pets stats are raised by 200 health, 10 mana, 10 strength, 10 intelligence, 10 dexterity, and 10 agility. These numbers will never change regardless of the pets current stats. If your pet is already at 100 strength, dexterity, and agility, the prismatic philter will not alter its effectiveness to further raise the pets health, mana, or intelligence; the points that would have been granted to the strength, dexterity, and agility are simply gone.

With nurturing, the increases are focused on your pets lowest stat. If a pet has 20 intelligence, 30 strength, 32 dexterity, 36 agility, 500 health and 120 mana, then the points gained through nurturing will stack on its intelligence until it has met the same mark of 30 as the strength. From there, your pets strength and intelligence stat will alternate between increases until they have reached the dexteritys score of 32. From there, those three will be raised one by one until they reach the agilitys score of 36. All four of these stats will then be increased one by one, always remaining equal.

Before this update, health was never increased until the pets strength, intelligence, dexterity, and agility had all reached 100. This has since been changed. For the first 1000 points of health, it increases along with the strength, intelligence, dexterity, and agility stats at a 10:1 scaling ratio. For mana, it will not be increased until these are all at 100, and the pets health is at 2,000; mana is raised last, and it is raised very slowly.

Below is an image depicting the increase of stats with nurtures. Each row follows a single pet, with a 1-point increase in its stats that follows the patterns Ive observed. The circled stat in each column is the perceived lowest stat, and it is increased in the following column.
So what does this mean for stats projects..? So far Im leaning towards it being a situational choice. There are pros and cons with both prismatic philters and nurture boosting, which Ive listed in detail below.

Prismatic Philter
Pros:
Festival availability means there may be cheaper values on the trade broker!
You can hold onto a stash of these philters, rather than having to hold actual currency which, for many, can be rather difficult.
The results are 100% consistent - you will get 200 health and 10 mana, strength, intelligence, dexterity, and agility, every time until youve reached the maximum for the stat.
Cons:
You are bound to run into wasted point increases towards the end of your project. Have you maxed out your strength, intelligence, dexterity, and agility but you still need 400 health? Well, too bad. You only get the 200 health. The points for your other stats are locked to only affecting those stats, and will not be transferred over to your pets health.

Nurture Boosts
Pros:
1) Efficient stat increases mean youll never waste a point that could have been used elsewhere; the lowest stat is prioritized, so no points are granted to a stat that has already reached the maximum limit. Is your strength, intelligence, dexterity, and agility all at 100 but you still need 400 health? No problem! Nurture stats will go straight to your pets health, maximizing the efficiency of your investment.
2) You can give your pet a nurture boost AFTER it hatches, meaning you will know its traits and its gender. No more wasting prismatic philters on an egg that hatches poorly! As I mentioned with the 2-pair method of stats breeding, gender RNG is its biggest hurdle; nurture boosting can bypass that issue completely by letting you nurture boost AFTER you know youve hatched the right gender!
3) Balanced results. With the sole exception of the sylvorpa, all species have at least a small variance in their highest and lowest starting stats. (With the biggest difference being a whopping 24 points on the Luffox, who has 40 agility and only 16 strength.)* Because the lowest stats are increased first, nurtures will quickly close the gap between your projects highest and lowest stats.
*Information based on the data in the pet generator.
4) Additionally, for older stats projects that are substantially lacking in mana (since prismatics didnt raise mana until recently >.< ), nurture boosting can quickly close those gaps to get those old projects up to speed!
5) Buying with scales is an option for people who love to nurture a lot.
Cons:
1) You cant trade nurture boosts, unlike a prismatic philter which is a tradeable item.
2) You MUST have the diamonds/scales available when needed; there is no bank to store these, unlike prismatic philters which can be stashed away in your inventory in bulk until needed. This means youll have to plan ahead with care and try not to spend your raw currency on other things by mistake.
3) Unusual increases. Mana is left untouched until everything else is completely maxed, meaning towards the end you will need ~2-3 generations that are nurture boosted strictly for mana. Similarly, health is only increased to 1,000 up until your strength, intelligence, dexterity, and agility have reached 100; you will need ~2-3 generations of nurture boosting pets strictly for the remaining 1000 health.
4) The number of stats boosts granted to a pet is not a guarantee. Getting a whopping 576 nurtures before the turn of the pets first hour as a hatchling hour would be nearly impossible, so youre more likely ~30-40 points out of the maximum potential of 72.

Philter of Health
Questionable viability.
At a price of 40 diamonds, this will yield 20 points towards health (totalling 200 health)
Nurture Boosts, at a cost of 60 diamonds, will yield 30-40 points towards health (totalling 300-400 health) and your pet will grow faster!

Philter of Mana
Questionable viability.
At a price of 40 diamonds, this will yield 20 points towards mana (totaling 20 mana)
Nurture Boosts, at a cost of 60 diamonds, will yield a maximum of 30-40 points towards mana (totalling 30-40 mana) and your pet will grow faster!

Summary:
Prismatic Philters are still the fastest, most reliable way of building a pet's stats. Towards the tail-end of a stats project where a prismatic philters boosts are often wasted, or in situations where a single stat is falling too far behind in the beginning or middle of a stats project, I can see Nurture Boosts stepping in as a more viable option.

For players who are impatient or simply dont mind raising their project cost, you can easily use both. The biggest potential downside I see in using both, however, is that your projects strength, intelligence, dexterity, and agility will rapidly increase to the maximum limit which will ultimately mean youre wasting a ton of points from those pricey prismatic philters.

~Should be good now ^
Finchtheidiot
Level 74
Fancy Pants
Posted: 2/26/2020 at 4:13 PM Post #54
What is a maxed stats pet?

The simple answer is this: a pet with maxed base stats.

But the real answer isnt so obvious. A maxed stats pet is the final result from years of work and investment, the embodiment of the time and dedication that a breeder puts into their project. Its a daunting task, and as one of the most prominent stats breeders, I would only recommend it for people who are serious about seeing it through to the end. Theres no return investment on a half-maxed product, and its a tough market to break into.

For anyone interested, below Ill go over the most basic method of reaching maxed stats, which Ill be calling the 2-pair method. For everyone else, feel free to skip past the wall of text explaining the madness that is maxed stats breeding!

To start, its ideal to get your visible traits completely cleared. This alone can take a few months or even a couple of years depending on the size and scale of a project, but it is vital for conserving those pricey prismatic philters and maximizing their efficiency. A maxed-stats no-trait pet will have some major issues in the sales department - its plain, its boring, and there are plenty of colorful, multi-trait maxed stats lovelies to compete against in the open market. If someone is going to fork over the cost of a maxed pet, theyll want it to be as gorgeous as it is powerful, and that means it needs some traits! Beautiful 6-vis combinations, full restricted sets, and popular themed purebreds will usually give you an advantage in sales appeal, and using themed pets as a base for a project can give you a boost in starting stats if using exclusive seasonal themes (ie, adding frost fairy dust and root strengtheners to themed ice sculptures and plants, respectively.)

The 2-pair method:

Pros:
A: Stats RNG can shove it! This methods step-by-step tiered design will give you consistent growth in the project.
B: Space efficient. At most, you need only 4 adult breeders at a time.

Cons:
A: EVERY generation will require 2 breeding pairs. This means using a minimum of 4 prismatic philters per generation IF the Gender RNG gives you the right results. Failed Gender RNG will require the use of gender swappers, or additional breedings and subsequent prismatic philters to adjust.
B: This system is centered on having a single set of visible traits. The RNG of hidden traits will make it far too likely for traits to be lost, in which case the project would consistently require multiple breedings and philters for every generation, which is more suited for other methods.

To begin:
You need two breedable pairs and no small number of Prismatic Philters. Below I have listed the bare minimum number required based on the starting base health of the breeders, which is subject to be changed for the previously mentioned con of Gender RNG.

000-200 health: 40 prismas
200-400 health: 36 prismas
400-600 health: 32 prismas
600-800 health: 28 prismas
800-1k health: 24 prismas
1k-1.2k health: 20 prismas
1.2k-1.4k health: 16 prismas
1.4k-1.6k health: 12 prismas
1.6k-1.8k health: 8 prismas
1.8k-2k health: 4 prismas

The end result will be two breedable pairs of maxed stats pets. Why two? Because you can breed all new pairs from that final pair, and dye them to new project variants! :D

Ive set up a theoretical project plan below with an image mapping that covers 4 generations worth of applying prismatic philters.

Beginning with PairA and PairB, you will need TWO offspring from each pair.

These offspring MUST be of opposite genders because they will be paired together to breed the next generation. The exact combination of these results is irrelevant; two males from A and two females from B; a male and female from A and a male and female from B; two females from A and two males from B. Any of these combinations will work because the offspring can be set up together into two new breeding pairs for the following generation.

The most important thing to do is keeping the pairs in order. Pets bred from the same parents (making them siblings or even half-siblings if they share a single parent) will be unable to breed together and will break the breeding gap which means no more progress! I highly recommend naming pets AS PAIRS to ensure that they are kept in line.

Alex and Allie are a pair; their offspring are Carl and Denice.
Ben and Betty are a pair; their offspring are Carly and Dennis.

If Alex and Betty have an offspring, that offspring would only be breedable to an offspring from Ben and Allie. Offspring from Alex and Allie? Nope. Offspring from Ben and Betty? Nope. Dont do this. Theres no point. Its a waste of time. It gets confusing. Alex and Allie, Ben and Betty. (Or whatever system you make up for designating your pairs to keep things consistent.)

Carl and Carly become a pair; their offspring are Edward and Freddy
Denice and Dennis become a pair; their offspring are Elisa and Fiona.

Elisa and Edward become a pair, Freddy and Fiona become a pair, so on and so forth until you reach the maxed stats goal!

~And this one should be good^ Sorry for taking so long .-.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 293
Posted: 2/26/2020 at 5:23 PM Post #55
thank you, thats wonderful I know it was a lot
Finchtheidiot
Level 74
Fancy Pants
Posted: 2/26/2020 at 5:52 PM Post #56
It wasn't much ^-^. And plus, I've finally learned a bit about projects
24carrotgold
Level 73
Trickster
Threads: 75
Posted: 2/26/2020 at 9:21 PM Post #57
Here you go ^^
Sorry it's so late, I had homework and procrastination issues xD
That doc is going to be a list, so I can just have 1 document that has every Ask Sadie that I do, if that's alright with you. So just ignore the link at the top and the underlined date.
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 2/26/2020 at 9:33 PM Post #58
nope your great! Haha this is my first time running it so im getting in the swing of things myself too!
Limor
Level 72
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 3/9/2020 at 3:27 PM Post #59
Hey guys great work this time, everyone seems to like it! After a break it's time to get on the grind for the next article, i'm listing a general format for what articles can be posted but remember the what happened section can't be done till later in the month!

1. What happened
- needs a writer

2. games
- written by me
- lists previous winners

3. newbie tips and tricks
- Larkian and Orca you wanna tackle this again?

4. Designers
- written by me

5. short stories?/advertisements
- if anyone has a short story they want to write i'll put it above the adds

6. Ask Sadie/book review
- Mossflight2 you want this again?
- Letsplay pickle you want the book review again?

7. Guest article
- someone from outside staff, i'll figure this out

8. Themed pet showcase
- written by me unless someone else want's it :)

9. Player spotlight
- Send in your suggestions for players who:
~ Featured
~ Hitting 1k days
~ Hitting a year
~ Are under or around 100 days
- Needs a writer

10. Artists among us/comic
- Needs a writer, I will be doing comic
- Needs artists to feature who haven't been featured yet, I have a few I can send to who ever wants to write this
Finchtheidiot
Level 74
Fancy Pants
Posted: 3/9/2020 at 3:47 PM Post #60
I'll definitely do the book review again!
I may or may not have already started writing it and began reading books..
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 5, 6, 7... 71, 72, 73
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.