Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 58
Posted: 11/29/2019 at 5:02 PM Post #1
UNDER CONSTRUCTION NOT READY YET

I Advise you to read through before you attempt because some things are explained after I show how the fight works.

I was able to defeat behemoth with a team of maxstats.
Air, Earth, Light.

Gears:
Air- Full Stormcaller Stoneweavers. Armor and 2 bracers +1 while relic is +0
Earth- Full Warden Stoneweavers. No upgrades
Light- Full Pryomancer Stoneweavers. Both bracers are +2

Proficiency Points:
Air 3str2dex - basic setup.
Earth 2hp3agility (capped physical mitigations and 65% magical with 19.2k hp)
Light 3int2dex - the dex enables the healer to critical strike with 1 and 2 which makes for better heals over many turns.

And, this guide is to help anyone that wants to try Maw of Madness Behemoth. It took a while figuring things out but with the help of Artemesia, Krinadon, Inula, & Cyradis4, (and mee)- it's come to this :) Thank you everyone :D

Here's a Link to Artemesia's Thread~ I think it may help reading it. there are tips in there to defeat kowlla too https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=82605 on some page(s) of the thread.

Krinadon cleared it with 80base stat team same team as mine and had full vinethorn+5 on all his pets. Artemesia and Inula are fairly geared up in the stoneweavers chain (+5 stoneweavers). So, VT+5 is about same as +2 stoneweavers. I decided to get the stoneweavers because it was the right deicison for me, I wanted to save gold having to upgrade vinethorn and stoneweavers. So, went with only upgrading stoneweavers. Longterm decisions. If you want to use upgraded vinethorns, that's an option too.

Behemoth's Stats
Edited By Jaidi on 11/30/2019 at 10:44 PM.
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 11/29/2019 at 5:02 PM Post #2
Behemoth will always attack once then go into Recovery causing it to stop attacking for 2 turns and when recovery ends he will do a big hit. Recovery can do scary things with the rest of his abilities. When Recover has 1 turn left on it- you should block with your tank. Image below shows "Grove Behemoth is Recovering and is unable to take actions.

Edited By Jaidi on 11/29/2019 at 8:00 PM.
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 11/29/2019 at 5:03 PM Post #3
Whenever he attacks with 75% mana, he will do do an attack called "Tail Lash" which hits 3 times. This attack will happen after Recovery ends.
>>when behemoth has 1 turn left on Recover and has 75%- you should block on your tank.

Edited By Jaidi on 11/29/2019 at 6:11 PM.
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 11/29/2019 at 5:03 PM Post #4
At max mana 100%, he will try to hit all of yours pets. It's extremely important that you have him taunted for this part because if you take the damage from this- it has possibilities of critically striking and 1 shotting your side pets. Also, even if you do survive- you most likely won't survive the vicious vines. I don't use divine balance so I don't know. I let my tank soak in all the damage from this one.
Basically, when he has 1 turn left on Recover with 100% max mana, he will do this attack. Make sure he's taunted and you block on your tank. healer can cast restoration on this turn on the tank.

Edited By Jaidi on 11/29/2019 at 6:13 PM.
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 11/29/2019 at 5:03 PM Post #5
After he does his maxmana attack, he will summon 2 coloured plasmas. He'll attack for 1 turn then go into recovery- basic stuff at this point. You should block on all 3 when this Recover has 1 turn left because vicious veins is about to happen. Vicious veins has a pattern of 1 2 1 2 1 2. For example, 1 2 1 2 - this means he has reached max mana 4 times. On the 1 part of 1 2 1 2 pattern, he will always cast vicious veins. on the 2 part of 1 2 1 2 pattern, he won't cast vicious veins.
So you should block on all 3 pets for 2 turns to survive the vicious veins. Vicious veins can critically strike for 11-13k damage or more so it's extremely important to block for critical strike immunity and 20% phys/magic mitigation. These tips should help you understand when you need to be blocking for vicious veins and when not aswell as what block does.

Edited By Jaidi on 11/29/2019 at 9:20 PM.
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 11/29/2019 at 5:03 PM Post #6
So here's what Vicious veins looks like, after being blocked on all 3. It hits 2 times, once per turn. You'll have to know when the first hit will happen because the debuff/symbols won't show up till the first hit happens. The 2nd hit will show up on your pets as a debuff with a visual under your pets.

Edited By Jaidi on 11/29/2019 at 6:16 PM.
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 11/29/2019 at 5:03 PM Post #7
Once vicious veins is over, you'll be left behind with a debuff on each pet. Your pets will never get debuffed on a plasma summon that won't have vicious veins.

Always focus on using earth's ability 1 on behemoth to keep it taunted. You can turn the debuffs into buffs by killing the coloured monster of your debuff. For example, if your dps has the blue debuff, you should kill the blue plasma.

Blue Buff- gives mana gain per turn
Yellow buff - gives 100% phys/magic dmg boost
Pink - restores hp per turn

Edited By Jaidi on 11/30/2019 at 12:50 PM.
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 11/29/2019 at 5:11 PM Post #8
You'll have 2 chances to turn your debuffs into buffs before the next vicious veins occurs.
1 2 1 2 1 2
So, the first chance on the 1 and second chance on the 2. the 2nd one is chill because there's no vicious veins
Edited By Jaidi on 11/29/2019 at 9:07 PM.
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 11/29/2019 at 5:11 PM Post #9
This fight is repeating these steps over and over.
Usually, If I don't get the blue or yellow buff on 1st or 2nd summon on the dps- I will surrender by spamming SSSE (S for no action and E for end turn) till my pets reach 0hp.

I made it to 170-175 turns couple of times but behemoth ends up 1 shotting my tank because of all the damage boost he gets. The trick to beating behemoth is killing it as fast as possible. Before 130turns is reasonable. I beat it for the first time on turn 121. Now, after getting use to the fight- I can do it under 100turns. One of my kills might've been 75 or 79 turns. Started out with blue buff, spammed all my abilities as much as possible, then got yellow buff once behemoth was 50% hp, the yellow buff past 50% behemoth hp is a good pick up basically if you know what you're doing it will most likely be a win unless you run into some bad luck.
Edited By Jaidi on 11/29/2019 at 9:39 PM.
Jaidi
Level 70
Candy Dispenser
Posted: 11/29/2019 at 5:11 PM Post #10
Some of this fight is planning it out because it's perdictable other parts are getting luck. The idea is to surrender and start the battle again. I think that's what Krinadon was aiming for, with the instant replay option that we can get back in the action as soon as possible and keep trying till we get better. The rest depends on your pet ranks/gear etc. With supermaxes, the fight should be easier because air will have more damage and healer will have better heals and tank will have better leech from ability1 stacks aswell as mitigations. The big thing are the mitigations.

So- for planning.
1 2 1 2 1 2
I know when he reaches maxmana for the first time, he will do vicious veins right after he comes out of recovery after doing his maxmana atk. So I spam BBB 3 times 2 times. Block on all 3 for 2 turns.

Then, I know the 2nd time he reaches maxmaman- he won't do vicious veins. Part of the planning is knowing that if I can't turn my debuff into a buff on the first plasma summon, I still have a chance of getting it on the 2nd summon.

The difference is when he casts vicious veins a 2nd, 3rd, 4th time etc.... well, he has a Oatshout like self buff. Everytime his Recover ends, his self buff increases physical and magical damage by increments of 3%. So the first time he attacks after Recover ends, it will become 3%, the 2nd time it'll add 3% so it'll become 6%. That's why 175turns is dangerous. I Couldn't afford to divine balance his maxmana skill at that point because his vicious veins would've destroyed my pets. It's important to note you should save divine balance for vicious veins because you don't want your dps to die with a blue and yellow buff. sometime. Vicious veins starts to hit like a truck after a while. Here's an image showcasing his Oakshout style self buff.

Sometimes it's like this,
Dps gets blue debuff.
Healer gets yellow.
There's only a yellow plasma and pink or yellow yellow. The healer gets the yellow. And hope to get blue on 2nd summon for the dps.
The best runs are when you get blue or yellow buff on the first summon for the dps. Yellow buff past 50% makes the fight extremely easy imo. I finished one of my fights with a blue buff. I brought him down to 27% hp with yellow buff before it ended and got a fresh blue buff to spam abilities nonstop till it ended. Also, you should try to kill the plasmas before bring him down to 0 hp because at 0hp the plasmas can still outheal your damage which would not be a fun time. So kill the plasmas first, then bring behemoth down to 0hp before he goes into reconstruct. Only need to do 70k dmg, so if you manage to keep your team alive it will be a breeze. I tend to use finishing blows on the tank and light if any.

When you get blue buff on the dps, it should be easy to get behemoth down to 50% if you spam your abilities as soon as they're off cooldown. best time to decimate him is 1 turn before you have to block for vicious veins (that's for the yellow buffed dps). If you have blue buff, you can start spamming decimate even when he's at 85% hp. since you'll have a crazy amount of mana to keep spamming them. It's wise to save mana when blue buff is coming to an end so you have a decent mana pool to use abilities incase you find a yellow buff.

Pro Tip: If your dps or healer are like 300hp and have the pink debuff on them and have yellow/buff on them... it's extremely important to keep your dps alive at that point. The best thing to do in this situation is to hit block on the dps. use an LG hp pot. and use light pet's 2nd ability. Usually, this happened trying to survive the onslaught of vicious veins for the 3rd/4th/5th time etc. since after a while his oatshout self buff starts to get steroids.
Or, use divine balance on your light pet. Been doing that lately for his uber strong vicious veins it's been very helpful. Don't divine balance his maxmana because then you won't have it for vicious veins. His Maxmana should be taunted by tank and have block up on that turn it's going to hit.

More information on page 2>
Edited By Jaidi on 11/30/2019 at 12:56 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.