Players 2,359 344
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,252,691 861
Generated 656,375 25
Captured 1,190,864 31
Bred 6,405,357 805
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > Breeding questions and mate search!
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Taterbug
Level 70
The Artistic
Threads: 45
Posted: 11/22/2013 at 10:49 PM Post #1
I read the breeding guide, but some things still do not make sense to me. Such as:
1. When I preview the possible babies from my two Bulboris (both have vis butterfly wings), many times it showed that the offspring may have vis Chibi wings. Though neither of the parents carry this trait; how can this be?
2. I previewed possible babies with my Ny'Vene male with vis quad arms, and all my females. I found that with my pink female Nira, almost all the offspring shown had vis quad arms, though my female does NOT carry the gene. When I previewed babies with him and a female that DOES carry the gene, it seemed as though MOST offspring would NOT show quad arms. I don't understand this. ;o;
3. I've previewed a few more of my Ny'Venes, and similar things happened, where most babies would show traits that neither, or only 1 parent had (most were essence of storm and diamond back).

Anyways, seeking mates for my Ny'Venes, both male and female. I will pay full breeding cost. ^^
FOR MALES: If I am interested, I will ping you as soon as my desired female is recovered/aged.
FOR FEMALES: If I am interested, I will ping you as soon as my desired male is aged. If he is aged, let me know your price. ^o^

I am seeking MALE Venes with the following:
Dark or pink main color
(vis) Quad arms <3
(vis) Ram horns <3
(vis or carry) Yellow anaconda
(vis or carry) Cecropia markings
(vis or carry) Essence of flames
(vis or carry) Tiger stripes

Seeking FEMALE Venes with the following:
Dark or pink main color
(vis) Quad arms <3
(vis) Ram horns <3
(vis or carry) Marbled tabby <3
(vis) Yellow anaconda
(vis or carry) Cecropia markings
(vis or carry) Essence of flames

OR if you have two parent Venes that fit the above, I will pay for a baby! :3
Taterbug
Level 70
The Artistic
Posted: 11/23/2013 at 8:24 PM Post #2
Oh! I have one more question:
Can cousins mate?
I know that they cannot mate within the immediate family (parents and siblings), but how far apart do they need to be to mate?
Bella1988
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 78
Posted: 11/25/2013 at 5:53 AM Post #3
Cousins can mate. Half-siblings, siblings, and offspring back to parents cannot mate
TopazWolf
Level 61
Holiday Caroler
Threads: 72
Posted: 11/25/2013 at 6:13 AM Post #4
Ok, to your Vene question I have the answer.
For the female Nira, in the Quad Arms slot, she probably carries/has visible something that Quad Arms is dominant to, so therefore, her babies might have Quad Arms visible, and they might also carry her mutation, whatever it is, and the other females previewed probably carry something dominant to Quad Arms.
And for the others, when neither of the parents had it, they probably carries it in a visible slot. For the one where only one parent had it, is probably because that gene/mutation was dominant to the one that the other parent had.
EXAMPLE:
female Vene named Jess is going to be mated to male named John, John has ------ visible in mutation slot 2, but Jess carries ------, now Jess's ------ is dominant to John's ------, so even though John has his visible and Jess's is only carried, hers is dominant, therefore it will be the one visible. Does this makes sense? Sorry if it doesn't.
Taterbug
Level 70
The Artistic
Posted: 11/25/2013 at 6:41 PM Post #5
Thanks to you both! ^o^ This really helped, guys.

How do you know which trait is dominant? Also, is there any way to tell what random gene a baby could have from non-carriers (like if neither carry crested lizard, and it shows up in the offspring)?
TopazWolf
Level 61
Holiday Caroler
Posted: 11/25/2013 at 7:08 PM Post #6
Uh.... I really don't know how to tell which is dominant..... Sorry.
Dark
Level 75
The Hallowed
Threads: 306
Posted: 11/25/2013 at 7:15 PM Post #7
Topaz, only pining you in case you were interested.

I just posted this for someone else an hour or so ago =D

I highly suggest you open up a second page with the preview generator for a zolnixi so you can refer to it

1) Genes are carried by the parents. There is a thing called recessive/dominant. If you look in the generator you'll see the drop down lists for a specific gene. For example, I will use zolnixis.

For Gene one in the generator, Banded stripes is listed first ad cross fox is listed last. Being said, banded stripes is the most dominant trait for the gene one slot and cross fox is the least dominant (meaning it is completely recessive). It goes in order.

So if you breed a zolnixi with vis. banded stripes to one with vis cross fox, the baby will most likely show banded stripes but will have a chance to show any trait listed between banded stripes and cross fox. There is also a chance the baby will carry the gene for any other trait in the gene one category which it can pass down to it's offspring.

Now just to clarify, say you bred a zolnixi with banded stripes to a zolnixi with paint. The baby will have a chance to show or carry any trait between banded stripes and paint. (so tribal is listed before paint, therefore, it will have a chance to show or carry banded stripes, tribal, or paint) Most likely the pet will show banded stripes but have a hidden carry for tribal stripes or paint and can pass that on to future offspring. But because paint was the most recessive gene bred in, there is no possibility of the baby possessing any trait listed in the gene one slot under paint.

Hopefully that clears up gene breeding confusion, if not, please ping me with your questions.
TopazWolf
Level 61
Holiday Caroler
Posted: 11/25/2013 at 7:19 PM Post #8
Thank you, Darkwingedangel! I understand now!

And Taterbug, I guess that clears up the confusion.
Dark
Level 75
The Hallowed
Threads: 306
Posted: 11/25/2013 at 7:25 PM Post #9
forgot this: I have a few male ny'venes you are welcome to use

http://www.sylestia.com/view/stables/?stable=6317 go to the second tab

free breeding for any male you ask for except Mephistopheles. I'll reduce fees to for him but no lower than 3k a breeding with him.
Slawrence
Level 59
Threads: 7
Posted: 11/25/2013 at 7:54 PM Post #10
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=8305&page=1#4
Author: TopazWolf
Time Posted: 11/25/2013 at 6:13 AM
Ok, to your Vene question I have the answer.
For the female Nira, in the Quad Arms slot, she probably carries/has visible something that Quad Arms is dominant to, so therefore, her babies might have Quad Arms visible, and they might also carry her mutation, whatever it is, and the other females previewed probably carry something dominant to Quad Arms.
And for the others, when neither of the parents had it, they probably carries it in a visible slot. For the one where only one parent had it, is probably because that gene/mutation was dominant to the one that the other parent had.
EXAMPLE:
female Vene named Jess is going to be mated to male named John, John has ------ visible in mutation slot 2, but Jess carries ------, now Jess's ------ is dominant to John's ------, so even though John has his visible and Jess's is only carried, hers is dominant, therefore it will be the one visible. Does this makes sense? Sorry if it doesn't.
When are they adults?
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.