Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > Yo I would like to learn more about bree...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Whitecobra
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 54
Posted: 11/19/2019 at 2:30 PM Post #1
I have no idea what I'm doing.
Lets just put that out there.
I don't understand how breeding works and what is what and would really appreciate it if someone would be willing to help me out!

Thanks if you do!
Cian
Level 75
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 140
Posted: 11/20/2019 at 9:23 AM Post #2
I could help you with that, anything you want to know in particuliar ?

Here are some generic things that could be usefull when breeding for traits :

Each traits have a letter before them, the higher in the alphabet they are the more dominant the trait will be. It can allow you to select the trait you want alot more efficiently. The traits can be read this way (Visible gene, Carried gene), a slot with the letter N mean ''nothing here"

A trais slot that contain a visible trait will alwais pass down eather as a vis or carry to the offspring.

There are three types of traits (carried, visible and ressessive)

if both parents have a different trait in the same slot, they may both carry over making a ressessive trait.

Exemple :

Let's say you want to have a ny'vern with mutation 3 cristaline essence, however, they are too expencive to buy so you decide to breed for it.

You know that this trait is represented as the letter E, to have the highest garentee that your offspring will have the trait cristaline essence visible, you nead to own / borrow an adult pet with a trait between E and K in the M3 slot.

Let's say you manage to borrow/buy/breed a ny'vern that fit the requirement and have torn wing if the pet have the trait in :

carried (NF)

Your chances to have a pet with visible cristaline essence from the next breeding, suposing that the pet you found in the advenced search have it in visible, is a bit lower then 75% due to the small chance the caried trait could become visible.

Visible ( FF)

It will more then likely be exactly what you wanted it to be but carry torn wings as well but there is a small chance you may nead to breed them a sibling if torn wings appear in visible instead.

The most likely senario in the end would be to end up with a ressessive trait witch will be shown this way once the offspring:

M3 : (EF) Cristaline essence

witch is readed

M3 : (EF) Cristaline essence visible, torn wings carried
Edited By Cian on 11/20/2019 at 9:25 AM.
Whitecobra
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 54
Posted: 11/21/2019 at 11:23 AM Post #3
This is a great start!! Thank you!

I'll ask you if I have random questions.

Thanks again.

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.