Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Games, Contests, and Giveaways > Projects
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Crystalunawolf
Level 61
Threads: 17
Posted: 10/6/2019 at 7:01 PM Post #1
So Ive seen people do these project things and Im not quite sure of what they are. To my understanding, they are basically breeding pets a certain way till you get a certain look? Please correct me if Im wrong. But if this is correct I would like to know how to do a project/ start one. Any information about projects would be very appreciated! Thank you!
Nirasu
Level 70
Guardian of the Realm
Threads: 6
Posted: 10/16/2019 at 9:03 PM Post #2
Hi!

You are correct, projects goals are to breed pets until the sylesties look like what you want.

Some people will breed until they get specific visible results, some will go farther and make sure that no undesired hidden are into the pets to be sure that futur offsprings won't get any unwanted trait due to the parents having both random hidden.
Some wants to have specific hidden for futur project too.

Some "projects" are also made by randomly breeding pets together.
(I won't cover this one)

There is also max stat projects, which focus on the stats instead of the traits.
Of course, a max stat project can include a specific look for the pets.

How to start a project?

First choose a species you would like to work with, and if you are gonna work with themed or regular pets.
Choose the type of project you want - Visual only, stats, or both.

If you choose to work with both stats and traits, I recommand starting by getting the look you want.
Once done you keep 2 unrelated pairs to breed with each other, until you get 2 unrelated offprings pairing.
Each time an hatchling hatch use a philter on it. Focus one stat at a time or use the prismatic philter (which is the most effective but expensive method).
After a few generations has passed you should get yourself some max stats! :)

To get your sylesties to look like what you want, here is a little breeding guide.

You probably noticed that each trait has a corresponding letter?
Let's pretend that A=1, B=2 and so on.
Except "N" (None), which = 0;

The lowest the number is, the more dominant is a trait.
Each trait slot have two letters.

The first letter is always the dominant one (lowest number), and the second is either a carried or an hidden.
A carried is when a pet have a "N" (so none) as the first letter (which means no visible) but have a second one (THIS is the carried), and an hidden is when your pet is actually carrying another trait (the second letter, beign the hidden) along with it's visible, but that simply doesn't show due to trait dominance.

When you breed your pets together, for every trait slot, the parents give one of their letter to their offsring.
So here are a few examples:

Let's say you have 2 pets with M1 = NI
You can get- NN,NI,IN,II; Since N is = 0, N is dominant to I, so IN = NI.
So this means - NN,NI,NI,II. So 1/4 chance of getting 2 nones or a visible I, and 2/4 to get a carried I.

Now if you have G1= NI and G1= CB
NC,NB,IC (So CI),IB (So BI) are the possible results.
The first two beign only carries, the other 2 having either C or B as visible, but also keeping I as carried.

If M1= CI and M1= FI:
CF,CI,IF (So FI),II
You probably got the idea now! ;)

Work with max one or 2 trait at a time, and slowly get all the ones you want!

When it comes to colours or stats (which are both numerical values), a random "number" located between (or =) the parent's is rolled when you breed them.
These numbers are passed to offspring.
Colours can be changed with dyes, but base stats cannot be altered after birth.

Sorry if parts are a bit hard to understand, it's currently late where I live.
Feel free to ask any question you may have! :)

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.