Forum Index > News and Announcements > 11/18/2013 - Fall Festival Conclusion
Page 2 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Hollowshade
Level 50
The Artistic
Threads: 6
Posted: 11/18/2013 at 12:35 PM Post #11
This was my first festival and I'm really glad that it was a Halloween-themed one. It's unfortunate that I didn't get to spend as much time as I would have liked to with the whole thing, but oh well.

I especially liked the layout for the combat screen. For me, it just worked really well.
Thanks for providing us with the opportunity for such an awesome event! I look forward to the next one.
Akumuthewolf
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 0
Posted: 11/18/2013 at 1:08 PM Post #12
Dude that was the best Fall Festival of my life. It reminds me of my school having a fall festival it was awesome. :D
Angiefurclad
Level 60
The Sweet Tooth
Threads: 3
Posted: 11/18/2013 at 1:36 PM Post #13
Thank you for a wonderful bit of fun and a diversion from every day life. Yay no more zombies!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 11/18/2013 at 1:48 PM Post #14
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=8144&page=1#7
Author: Divinis
Time Posted: 11/18/2013 at 11:27 AM
This was my first festival, and I have to say, it was a blast! I'm so happy with the pets I was able to nab, and the pets I saw other people nab! The avatar items were great, and I really enjoyed the headless horseman's shenanigans. Thanks for your hard work!

One question/suggestion though. Is there or will there be anything to do with this Handful of Candy? I don't mind saving it if I can use it next year... It was my prize from the last HH fight and the bounty i got and I was a little disappointed I couldn't use it for anything.

At this time, there isn't anything that you can do with the candy. While I do not know if the "Handful of Candy" will be used next year, we will at least offer some way to convert it into something useful.

So for now, you can either just hold onto them or try to sell it to other players who like to hoard things.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 11/18/2013 at 1:49 PM Post #15
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=8144&page=1#10
Author: Sylvadragon
Time Posted: 11/18/2013 at 12:02 PM
This was my first festival, and it was great. My biggest love was the beautiful themed pets, and I really appreciated the extension to the festival. I think you guys do a great job on this site.

But, the zombie dynamic even thing was kind of a downside for me at least, particularly on the final day of the festival, when it was impossible to hunt for more themed pets to capture because the zombie even kept triggering, and when the zombies were around all you got was zombies. My main interest is in the pets, so I wasn't really into fighting hordes of zombies. I think it would have been better to either still have pets to hunt during the zombie event or have it as an event that could only happen a certain number of times each day. It was disappointing to not be able to hunt pets at all in the final hours of the festival.

Perhaps in the future we can designate only a specific area of the map for the Dynamic Event. Conversely, then we can offer additional rewards for each stage to increase the incentive to participate in them.
Divinis
Level 60
Trickster
Threads: 30
Posted: 11/18/2013 at 1:59 PM Post #16
Fantastic! Thank you again!
HibernusMortis
Level 60
Mojo Master
Threads: 7
Posted: 11/18/2013 at 2:12 PM Post #17
Keep the candy as a momento of Sylestias 1st Fall Festival! I have two white pumpkins here that I didn't get to turn in during the final pumpkin quest last night that I plan to keep...or use next year if possible.

As for the zombies. Maybe you could of had them only appear in the wooded areas, and have left the field open for Sylestia creatures, just as pumpkins were only available to find in the field and not the wooded areas.

I myself enjoyed the entire time of the FF and will be looking forward to the next one! They can only get better each time! :)
Stormcrow
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 0
Posted: 11/18/2013 at 3:12 PM Post #18
This was my first festival, and it was a blast! I'm going through some really tough things inrl and this helped me stay distracted and relaxed. Thank you all for such a great event and enjoyable game.
Talyn
Level 67
Trickster
Threads: 181
Posted: 11/18/2013 at 3:45 PM Post #19
I loved this festival. I loved the pets, the zone, and to a degree, I loved the Dynamic Event. Everything was fun and exciting. You came out with a lot of beautiful genes, mutations, and festival pets. I had a blast this event and I can't wait for the next one.

However next time, I'd suggest maybe try weakening the mobs? It's a bit depressing when the mobs are stronger than the boss. Those zombies often made me have to use 1-2 potions every battle, which was the same amount I used in the horseman battle. The number of Zombies we had to fight wasn't a problem for me, it was how terribly strong they were. Please make the mobs a little weaker next time, at least with how hard they hit? (Those consumes took like 1/5 of my health every time and they could use it first turn, no cool-down nor no mana cost.)
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 11/18/2013 at 3:54 PM Post #20
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=8144&page=2#19
Author: Talyn
Time Posted: 11/18/2013 at 3:45 PM
I loved this festival. I loved the pets, the zone, and to a degree, I loved the Dynamic Event. Everything was fun and exciting. You came out with a lot of beautiful genes, mutations, and festival pets. I had a blast this event and I can't wait for the next one.

However next time, I'd suggest maybe try weakening the mobs? It's a bit depressing when the mobs are stronger than the boss. Those zombies often made me have to use 1-2 potions every battle, which was the same amount I used in the horseman battle. The number of Zombies we had to fight wasn't a problem for me, it was how terribly strong they were. Please make the mobs a little weaker next time, at least with how hard they hit? (Those consumes took like 1/5 of my health every time and they could use it first turn, no cool-down nor no mana cost.)

I'll try to do what I can. It's a bit hard when the mobs are scaled to your party's level. I obviously do not code a zombie for lvl 1, 2, 3, etc. I just code the zombie and use an equation to scale for each level. So ultimately, some levels will be harder than others. It's a bit tricky to balance.

Since I couldn't create the event before the festival began, I kinda just had to wing it lol. I wasn't really able to test it much.

I'll try to make the events in the future more balanced.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.