Players 2,378 347
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,249,188 796
Generated 656,304 9
Captured 1,190,741 49
Bred 6,402,048 738
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Pet Sharing and Design Discussion > Serious Question regarding adoptables
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Guardianofmagic
Level 71
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 17
Posted: 7/15/2019 at 5:40 AM Post #1
Hello!
I'm an artist who's mainly active on instagram and DeviantArt. I used to do free Sylestia adopts on IG, but I've switched to ponies.
However, lately I've felt drawn to sylestia designs and adoptables. So, instead of doing only a Sylesti, I thought I'd make a pony version too, and put it up as an adopt that way. (A post with a hatchling, adult Sylesti and the pony version as 1 adoptable)
This means that I'll be using Sylestia bases combined with my own art.
Now, let's say that I'd like to sell such an adopt for 50 DA points (roughly 4 or 5 dollars)... real money for an adopt which is not 100% mine.. I wouldn't want to charge money for something if I don't have permission to do so.
(Note: I sell my own designs for 100-150 DA pts)

Could I do that?

Thanks already and have a nice day!
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 7/15/2019 at 8:49 AM Post #2
Here are the two main ToS statements related to your question:

"All Site artwork, designs, texts, images, coding, objects, illustrations, data files, concepts, etc. are the sole property of Sylestia.com. This includes any suggestions, artwork, or any other derivative works pertaining to Sylestia.com that is submitted to the Site. By doing this, you hereby grant Sylestia.com a royalty free, irrevocable, and non exclusive rights to use said material. Additionally, you waiver all moral rights to said material. We may use, edit, or modify any material that you submit that pertains to Sylestia.com as we see fit. You may use your pet or avatar images on personal web pages as long as you claim copyright @ Sylestia.com."

"We allow the real life goods trading of currency for Site assets, such as pets, items, or currency. However, this is done at the player's own discretion. Please use the appropriate forum and take great care while doing these types of transactions. All transactions involving the Site's assets must be done on Site with another Site player. Although the Site and its Staff takes no responsibility or liability for transactions between players, any players found to be scamming will have their account terminated and receive a permanent IP ban."

What you are asking is a gray area with both of those clauses. Without seeing the actual artwork being sold, it would be impossible for me to say yes or no with any real certainty.

For example, we have had a lot of people try and sell our actual artwork that they grabbed via the Generator, or already created pets, through sites like DA for DA points or other currencies and that is 100% not allowed. In all of those situations, we issue a DMCA takedown notice with whoever is hosting the content and then if we are able to, we completely ban anyone involved.

Typically, if I were asked this question without seeing the final artwork, I would say that I would only be okay with it if the art is being posted/shared/traded directly here on Sylestia via our appropriate forums.
Edited By Krinadon on 7/15/2019 at 10:13 AM.
Guardianofmagic
Level 71
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 17
Posted: 7/15/2019 at 10:10 AM Post #3
Hmm.. alright. I think I can work this out, thank you very much for replying! This is enough information to know what I can and can't do with Sylestia designs.
Thank you again!

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.