Players 2,351 354
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,259,683 2,759
Generated 656,461 10
Captured 1,191,100 33
Bred 6,412,027 2,716
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > Can you breed for stats?
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Xdarksonicx
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 146
Posted: 11/6/2013 at 7:52 PM Post #1
I know a lot about visual and carry breeding, but is it possible to breed powerful pets?
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 11/7/2013 at 1:46 PM Post #2
I remember a long time back, Oogbar was throwing around the idea. It concerns the base stats of parents, and thus having high-base-stat'd parents.

And then there's Eimell's project to raise optimal offspring. (The idea is that mythical essences give the best stats, and when you generate pets and breed them AND use diamond-bought philters on them generation after generation, it should build up.)

(pinged you and the 2 I mentioned just to see if they have any input xD)
Xdarksonicx
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/7/2013 at 1:59 PM Post #3
Thank you for replying Flute and pinging those two! :)

I'll have to try those methods and see how they go along with my own little project... (Once the Festival is done.) Hopefully I'll find some sort of result...

Even if not I think I know what I can do, but it means them focused on one particular stat while another is focused on a different. (Defense pet - High Health + Defense, Low Magic Attack and Power Attack) (Attack pets - High Magic Attacks, Low Defense and Health)

Of course doing it this way will have risks, like if the opponent has high magic resistance, or the other two keep getting knocked out while my low attack pet keeps on chugging along... But well-rounded don't seem to work in that last dungeon. :/

Oh well... That's why people say "try and try again!"

Just have to keep experimenting. :)
Imperium
Level 75
Guardian
Threads: 386
Posted: 11/7/2013 at 2:48 PM Post #4
Hey there Xdsx~
Went and took a screenshot of a Mystical generated, Enhanced generated and Regular generated Kelpari~ (pretty sure you can zoom in when you click the link)

Mystical and Enhanced generated pets start off with better stats then those of regular generated pets, so you get a bit of an all around boost when you start off with Mystical or Enhanced Generated pets. (I prefer to use mystical essences because I really don't like to mess around with pet dyes. D: ) Regular generated and wild caught pets share the same stats species wise. Fables species have higher base stats then other species as well, but the breedings are more spaced out due to the 7 day wait on breedings~

Level 0 stats are base stats.
Parents stats carry on to offspring~
Phantasia is the offspring of two mystically generated pets and has had a philter of acumen applied for +20 to base intelligence. She now has her parents base stats as well as the +20 to intelligence. (And for some reason slightly higher dexterity, I've got 16-20 Dex offspring from the same pair) If I were to breed her to a male with different Mystical/Enhanced parents and a philter of Acumen already applied, their offspring would share their base stats but can also be philtered when ready to hatch. So I could essentially add another +20 intelligence to it's base stat and repeat the process. :)
The base stats of the parents round out~ Say one has a base intell stat of 20 and the other has a base intell stat of 40, the offspring should have a base stat of 30 unfiltered. (20+40= 60, Divide 60 by 2 to get 30)

You don't technically need philters per say to help raise pet stats. I'm sure you've noticed that pet stats can increase when hatching, only it's only a minor stat bonus and a bit random if you don't help break the egg open. (Helping the egg break increases the pet's health, letting it hatch on it's own increase one of it's other 4 base stats.) Philters allow you to choose where you wish to place those bonus point and you get a bigger boost if you're using diamond bought philters. (I think it's +5 with lesser philters and allowing to hatch vs. +20 or the Prismatic Philter which helps round out all stats.)

I'm currently working on some 6-Vis projects with my stat pets, so I've not gotten far. I'm currently working on a +Intell Kelpari project as well as a +All stats Ny'Vene project if you want to see it in the works before trying it out. Hope this helped~
Xdarksonicx
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 11/7/2013 at 8:55 PM Post #5
Thank you so much for sharing this information with me!

I plan on working on my stats projects after the Festival ends, that way I can get more room in my stables to prepare for it.
Throughout my own process, I'll probably prepare screenshots as well. So if you wish to see how my own process is going, then I'll happily show you! (It's the least I can do after you shared all this with me. :) )

I wish you the best of luck on your own projects! :)

This helped tremendously! Thank you again! :)
Oogbar
Level 69
Adept Gladiator
Threads: 17
Posted: 12/15/2013 at 3:00 AM Post #6
Well... Just figured out why I haven't gotten any ping notifications in my inbox, and why the forums tab was orange! X)

Yes, over time, and generations, stats can build up drastically. Working on 2 different sets. One set has broke into the 80's for 1 stat, and none below 50, at level 0!... but I've been slacking a good bit. They should be near the 100's, but it seems like my health and others in the family, could be better. Just got out of the hospitol, 5 days ago, for a randomly collapsed lung. Doctor and I found it a bit funny, cuz it happened while pushing the button to open the garage door. Must have been harder than I thought, to push that button! XD
Electrifying
Level 70
The Tender
Threads: 28
Posted: 12/16/2013 at 3:24 AM Post #7
I have also been thinking of breeding for high base stats, and I came up with a family tree of some sort to illustrate:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/350/7/c/_show_by_rushingstream-d6y56e1.png

Yes, it is long and a little crazy, and the individuals appear more than once in each generation to reduce the amount of breeding.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.