Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > Sylestia has a Facebook!
Page 3 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
HibernusMortis
Level 60
Mojo Master
Threads: 7
Posted: 12/5/2013 at 9:00 PM Post #21
239 Likes so far
Kaleerose11
Level 44
Threads: 3
Posted: 1/24/2014 at 2:46 PM Post #22
I liked the facebook page!
Martiankitty
Level 28
Threads: 2
Posted: 8/14/2014 at 6:07 AM Post #23
I liked the facebook page and now it says you have 399 likes! :D
Nabiki
Level 62
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 96
Posted: 9/19/2014 at 4:05 PM Post #24
I've got FB, Twitter, MySpace and a few other sites blocked with my Operating System, in my local hosts file, so that not only can the computers running those sites NOT ping my computer, but the script I used to get rid of them actually forces the originating computer to ping itself.

I used it originally to get rid of iesnare, but it works on any site. It's beautiful, especially with FB's tendency to track people who are NOT logged in and aren't actually doing anything FB related,then SELLING the information they get. Having tracking software constantly ping the generating computer must be driving them nuts.

I also included my votes and signed petitions for actions that forced FB to cease activities that were an invasion of privacy...and did you know? There's a class action lawsuit against them for that, coming up in a few months in federal court.

I also added anything even remotely FB related to my Ad Block Plus by opening my 'blockable items' option on every site I go to and getting rid of it one link or script at a time and made sure Better Privacy addon strips away flash cookies within ONE SECOND of them trying to attach to my computer.

And that's the key phrase...MY COMPUTER. People have no right whatsoever to attach or attempt to attach software to my harddrive without my personal permission. And I never allow that. Unless I specifically purchase a software CD or download something myself, such as from Symantec or Norton, Microsoft, CNET or some other responsible site, then it does NOT belong on my computer.

I just have to ask one serious question: Are you really sure you want those people to know who you are?

If you are interested in blocking any website, particularly those with tracking software, use this neat little script. I got it from Microsoft Forums, there's a couple that have a programmer on duty in them 24/7 and it turns out that the whole reason for the host file is to do exactly what I'm doing with mine. As I said, originally, I was looking for a way to keep iesnare off my harddrive, that thing will strip your banking information right off your computer and that meant with that thing around I couldn't use my cardspace function.

Open C Drive
Open Windows
Open System32
Open Drivers
Open ETC folder
Open host file with wordpad and read the introduction provided by Microsoft at the top.

Below that, you'll see several examples of how to use your host file. To get rid of iesnare, below all the info behind the #s, in a clear space, one address per row, add:

127.0.0.0 iesnare.com www.iesnare.com mpsnare.iesnare.com ci-mpsnare.iovation.com

It's the 'ci-' bit that is critical. That's the command that tells any and all Microsoft operating systems that a website is dangerous and that it needs to be 'invisible' as far as that site goes. All ping attempts, according the programmer that informed me of how to use it, are like hitting a blank stone wall with a targetting mirror on it. The ping goes straight back where it came from, my computer watches to see where it lands and reports it to Microsoft as a threat site. After that, Microsoft investigates it and forwards the report to all the reputable Anti-Virus and Anti-Malware programming sites out there, such as Symantec and McAfee for further analysis.

It's all very reputable and above board.

Anyway, after the ci- add 1 space, the name of the site and then a dot and the name of the PARENT site.
Knowing the name of the parent site is what makes this work...why is that important? Here's an example of why...and it's another entry in my hosts file.

127.0.0.0 www.facebook.com www.facebook.com ci- facebook.carnivaltravel.eu

When I discovered this, is when I started blocking everything FB has...because this just didn't go over at all well. FB has been telling people for years that they're just a couple guys running the site and then I find this when I was helping one of my sons do a paper on entrepreneurs and he decided to research FB's copyrights. I wasn't happy at all when I found out who owns their copyrights. And this, of course, is why the feds are doing a criminal investigation while the class action is going on since they can use any and all evidence presented during the Class Action litigation.

Food for thought: Who is on the board of a subsidiary company has nothing to do with who actually owns the subsidiary...except that they will have a rep on the board who speaks for the owner. That doesn't mean that the owner's rep is the Chair, just that he or she is present.
Edited By Nabiki on 9/20/2014 at 4:16 AM.
Deathdust
Level 60
Seashell Collector
Threads: 120
Posted: 9/21/2014 at 10:06 PM Post #25
I wish I had a facebook to like you guys with. XD *sends an invisible, non-tangible like through the cosmos*

edit: I do follow the tumblr though. ^u^
Edited By Deathdust on 9/21/2014 at 10:08 PM.
Nightbane
Level 75
Knight
Threads: 289
Posted: 1/9/2015 at 11:49 PM Post #26
oops wrong thread
Edited By NightbaneWolf on 1/9/2015 at 11:50 PM.
xXSheWolfXx
Level 60
Threads: 14
Posted: 3/25/2015 at 7:05 AM Post #27
Not everyone does facebook, my sister (PepperShadow) has twitter.

If people send us info, we could try to make a Sylestia twitter page.
Then it will be on 2 big sites :D

So with persmission from an admin and Sylestia info, from admins and users, I'll get started ^^
Peppershadow
Level 60
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 98
Posted: 3/25/2015 at 7:29 AM Post #28
Yep, Im sure we can do it if people want us to. If we do it, then I'll create a thread somewhere so people can post information up that they want to be on the twitter page ;)
Bearfire
Level 24
Threads: 0
Posted: 12/5/2018 at 1:09 PM Post #29
https://www.sylestia.com/view/pets/?petid=4475925
please buy very low price a female with 2 genes
Christinewho
Level 75
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 42
Posted: 12/5/2018 at 5:04 PM Post #30
This isn't the place where to put this and don't beg --'
Also, she has been bought but next time you aren't supposed to put it here.
Edited By Christinewhogaming on 12/5/2018 at 5:05 PM.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.