Forum Index > Bug Reporting > Mana Drops
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Hanitsirk
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 44
Posted: 5/3/2019 at 12:28 PM Post #1
Every so often, I'd get an error after trying to use a finishing move saying my pet doesn't have enough mana for that skill, after which the mana of the pet in question would drop by 10 points from 50 to 40. The other day I happened to notice the mana drops happen irregardless of whether I'm trying to use a finishing move that turn or not, and can also happen when the pet has less than 50 to start with. It also seems to happen to all pets simultaneously. Usually, I just ignore it, because it's uncommon - ie, only happens once every week or more. Today, however, the frequency has increased and I've seen it happen more than once in the last ten minutes. I don't know what is causing this.

Note: This is happening during combat.
Edited By Hanitsirk on 5/3/2019 at 12:30 PM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Guardian of the Realm
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,114
Posted: 5/3/2019 at 1:51 PM Post #2
So Mana values are meant to decay for any pets not in a battle and not in the Lost Grove.

What might be happening is that, as our pet tables continue to grow, these tasks are taking longer and longer to run. As a test, I just went ahead and parsed this specific script and it took 12 seconds to parse.

Meaning, if you were out of combat at the beginning of the parse and then within those 12 seconds, entered battle, before your specific pets were parsed - then you'd experience something exactly like you described.

So I am assuming that's what's happening.

I don't have an immediate solution to such an issue. I'd have to sit down and try and think of how to change the script so that it could run fast enough to not be noticeable - which most likely is very possible as this specific script is very old. I would imagine I can think of a better way to do it by now.
Hanitsirk
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 44
Posted: 5/3/2019 at 2:22 PM Post #3
Thanks for the information. :)

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.