Lapo
Level 65
The Perfectionist
Threads: 92
Posted: 3/11/2020 at 10:30 AM Post #321
Username: Opalfirelight
User ID: 140918
Thoughts on releasing:
Sometimes it's hard to release Sylesti's, but not often. Often, I just click the release button and don't care
Amount of pets released: 51 (Sorry if it barely cuts the line)
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 104
Posted: 3/11/2020 at 8:08 PM Post #322
Hey there. I am not a member of this club yet, but was wondering if I could be.

You see today I started on a mass release spree and am still going. I didn't pay attention to how many though.. but I bought and released all pets that where for sale under 10 gold except for eggs, and 1 pet that belongs to a friend. :p

I saw this place and figured I might as well join?

When I have time to look things up I can check how much I released exactly today (is there a way to check this?)

I have now started on the everything 100 and under group, but I did not count everything under 10 how many pets those where, and how many of those where 1 or 3 gold etc.

Anyway the reason I have decided to start mass releasing, (even though admittingly in the past I was actualy against this) is because the amount of pets for sale has become overwhelming. And many of those pets wil never get proper homes anyway as sadly they are under the ''unwanted'' group. When I say proper homes I mean the pets that get attention like being quest/task/fest/mission/breeding with purpose pets and treasured as part of collections.

So not random mass breedings for random/fun of it pets. Which by the way I have nothing against. I get that new players mostly do this, and honestly when I was new I did the same. I think a lot of players did this. Because when your new every feauture is exciting. The breeding of pets is fun and new and you want to play around with it before you find your footing in the game. Thats cool. i think we should try to inform new players, when we discover a new player mass breeding, that it would be very apriciated if they stopped doing that and became a little more picky on which pets they put up for sale.

Anyway, I know most sylestia players are real life animal lovers, and project that releasing sylesties is something like putting them up for death and suffering. I feel like this place could do with an update where releasing pets is acompanied with a positive message so you know as a fact sylesties being released do not suffer and die, they thrive and become happy.

Then there is the group who wants to gift free pets to new players. I'm actualy one of those, but I feel there are better ways to do this then fill the advanced search with cheap pets nobody else wants. Instead of giving newbies project rejects, left overs and the like, or risking beautifull proper pets being bought by people who could have afforded to buy the proper price, why not just seek out newbies, or gift newbies nice beautifull proper pets as gifts. Directly, in person, instead of trough teh advanced search that just creates clutter and offers no guarantee it goes to beginners..

I think breeding beautifull and/or strong pets, making them infertile, and gifting them to newbies is a far better way to welcome and help them. They get actualy amazing pets for dirt cheap/free, and the rest has no sylesties for sale clutter and a problem with way way to many sylesties for sale at once.

Anyway long story shor, I'm a player who gatherd some gold over the years and decided to invest in trying to help tame this problem and at the same time imagine a ****** ton of sylesties being happy being free :P that last bit is more roleplay of course as it is all digital in the end.

But anyway, helping newbies in a meaningfull way is not done by offering a lot of cheap pets. Be more personal if you wish to welcome and help newbies I say. And help them get awesome pets, like a rare themed, a multi vis, high stat something, or just a pet that real real pretty. And make them infert, so you know they will apriciate the pet for the pet, not for the mass breeding option it brings with it :P .

Anyway going back to releasing pets. As I didn't count today I won't count further now either. I'll try to find out tomorrow how many pets I actualy released..

Please do let me know If I'm part of the releasers officialy or not though. If not no worries, I'll just keep on solo releasing ;)
Edited By EraNime on 3/11/2020 at 9:41 PM.
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 3/11/2020 at 8:56 PM Post #323
Sorry forgot the most importand parts..

Ok so
Username: EraNime
User id:1955

and some other thoughts on releasing:
There is no downside to it.

* Because you can still help newbies get great pets trough much better ways then mass offering cheap pets you would not gift or sell to older players either. Newbies deserve well bred/high stat pets as well.

* Released pets get to be free and play and discover and adventure and do all sort of fun things withoud being dependand on a owner/keeper who barely pays attention to them.

* It makes the sales area of the pets much more fun and pleasent to go trough when there is less clutter and ''filler'' for new and old players alike.

*Trough releasing new players can still practise breeding and selling and getting familiar with the game withoud causing to much clutter in the process. I don't think newbies should stop breeding these pets nobody really wants. But if you notice a newbie doing an excessive amount, days after days, I would try to contact this person and ask them to tone it down. Key word being ask, because in the end it's their right to breed and sell what they want, as it is everyone else their right to buy and do as they want.

* I feel 0 guilt now to people who get upset about releasing pets. Ironic because once I was one of these people getting upset. So I do get why people get upset. But it's not justified I feel.
- Reason 1 people get upset: they had an emotional attatchment they claim and wanted a new home for their pets. But I feel that if you where really attatched to the pet, you would not put it for sale to begin with. Any pet you put on sale, does not hold enough sentimental value for you to keep. If your sentimental values was not enough to keep, but enough to want it to be adopted, putting it on sale for any stranger to buy them is not the best way to go about it.. you should make efford to find somebody who wants to adopt instead of buy.
-Reason 2 people get upset: they want pets available for newbies, only most pets available for newbies are pets you would not even consider gifting to experienced players.. so why are they ok for Newbies? I feel if you really want to gift newbies pets, give them pets that are actualy worth while. Better a few quality gifts, then a ton of quantity gifts.
- Reason 3: real life projection on how tamed animals die when released. But sylesies are not real animals, this guilt and anger doesn't have a place here.

* People who just want gold for pets get their gold regardless of what i do with the pet. So if they get what they want whats the problem?

If you want pets to end up with certain people, don't put them up for sale plain and simple. Seek these people out, make forums to find these people. If you don't make efford to find or help people beyond putting pets for sale randomly, then don't get upset when random people, like releasers, buy them.

Thats enough of a wall of text I think..

Total amount of pets released ever as of writing this 9:38 PM sylestia time: 791.

I had about 58 pages of pet released before I started officialy releasing pets. Now I have 159 pages. I'll update later if need be if I get accepted. But yeah, 100 plus pages in 1 day. My hand is feeling it haha.
Edited By EraNime on 3/11/2020 at 9:41 PM.
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 3/11/2020 at 9:37 PM Post #324
I forgot to ping.. sorry.

Also I would like to ask a few questions. What qualifies as harassing? Because I do sometimes ask people to consider putting less pets on sale because of the overpopulation problem. When I ask however I also always say they are free to keep on selling as they where and I won't contact them about it again. But sometimes newbies might not even know the huge amount of pets is a problem, so I contact them to inform them of this, then let them do with the info as they please. It is always only a request, not a demand.

But if becomming a member here meant I'd have to stop doing that I'll stop doing that. But I do still have one unread mail out from before joining though so wanted to let you know up front in case thats a problem.

no hard feelings if you rather not add me. I'd get it ;)

I also don't really read profiles of players. I just mass buy/release quickly withoud checking anything else otherwise it takes forever. So there is a good chance I will get a lot of angry folks. But if any contact me in anger about wanting to help newbies, I would offer them alternative ways they could do so withoud the risk of random people buying the random pets they put for sale.

I have plans myself on how to help newbies get good pets for missions and quests early so they can work up faster. But in ways that do not add to pet clutter in the advanced search sales.

If you wish to pm me to discuss some things further about me, if you have any questions regarding me feel free to ask. No hard feelings.
Edited By EraNime on 3/11/2020 at 9:43 PM.
Lapo
Level 65
The Perfectionist
Posted: 3/13/2020 at 4:06 PM Post #325
I'm not apart of it either, but I think this forum is closed ) :
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 3/13/2020 at 4:53 PM Post #326
Yeah it is. I got a pm about it.
Lapo
Level 65
The Perfectionist
Posted: 3/13/2020 at 4:54 PM Post #327
Welp that's sad
Mireille
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 29
Posted: 3/14/2020 at 12:12 PM Post #328
Hey! Its Robyn but I changed my username to Mireille.
Mireille
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 29
Posted: 3/14/2020 at 12:13 PM Post #329
Ack just missed the part where it was close, sad times :/
Lapo
Level 65
The Perfectionist
Posted: 3/14/2020 at 12:13 PM Post #330
I know. This is the 2nd time it got closed!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 32, 33, 34
This Page loaded in 0.013 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.