Players 2,257 408
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,299,125 1,429
Generated 659,852 423
Captured 1,199,483 295
Bred 6,439,694 711
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Not catching Sylesti?
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Pepperhead
Level 35
Threads: 2
Posted: 11/3/2013 at 11:13 AM Post #1
This is pretty disappointing and I'm not sure what's going on, or what I'm doing wrong. I have been able to catch a few Sylesti already, and I am always told that I gain 0 experience and lo and behold the new friend is in my stables.

But yesterday I caught a beautiful uncommon Sylesti... everything appeared as though I caught it, but it was not in my stables. I thought maybe I must've accidentally killed it or something and for some reason didn't gain any EXP.

Just now I caught a pretty Ryori... 0 exp gained, successfully caught it, or so I thought. But again, it's not in my stables.

Traps are really expensive for me and I'm really sad that I'm not getting my pretties. Any insight is much appreciated.
Flute
Level 70
Enchanted Explorer
Threads: 340
Posted: 11/3/2013 at 11:16 AM Post #2
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=7244&page=1#8
Author: Talyn
Time Posted: 10/30/2013 at 5:56 PM
When using a trap on a pet there are three outcomes that will give you a victory condition:
1: You successfully captured the pet (There will be a link to the pet's page in the battle log)
2: The pet got scared and fled. (A lot of people will get this result and think that they have caught the pet when they haven't because of misreading or assumptions. You will not gain any EXP from this.)
3: The trap failed and the pet took enough damage to loose it's remaining health and was defeated. (This can happen if you chose to attack the pet instead of guarding or if they had a status effect that causes them to loose health. You will gain EXP from this.)

These results will only be visible in the battle log at the end of a battle and before you close the battle screen. If you close out without seeing the result, the only thing you can do is check your stable. If the pet is not there then you can assume that the pet fled and thus was not captured.

This should clear up several possibilities of what happened. Check out the thread itself (the link in the quote) if you're unsure, because this is a common misunderstanding.

Hope this helps!
Ash
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 44
Posted: 11/3/2013 at 11:16 AM Post #3
There is a chance that when a trap fails the sylesti will run away rather than be caught. In this instance you will still get 0 exp. Did you check the battle log to see if it actually said it was caught? It will always tell you if the trap fail, worked, or if the pet ran away in the battle log.
Pepperhead
Level 35
Threads: 2
Posted: 11/3/2013 at 11:23 AM Post #4
Ah, they can run away? :[ That's sad.

Battle log for the Festival zone? I hadn't thought to check there (I often accidentally press a button and make things disappear/move). For the normal battle system, is it in the information after the battle ends? (With the chest?)

I think it always says the enemy was defeated, but I always gain experience whenever I fight.

Thanks for the help though! I'm sorry this question is asked so much...
Edited By Pepperhead on 11/3/2013 at 11:31 AM.
Talyn
Level 67
Trickster
Threads: 181
Posted: 11/5/2013 at 11:55 AM Post #5
The main screen will show a Chest saying you won. However only the battle log will tell you if the pet was defeated, fled, or captured.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.