Forum Index > News and Announcements > Spring Festival Overview
Page 13 1, 2, 3... 12, 13, 14... 34, 35, 36 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Celticnuru
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 244
Posted: 4/26/2019 at 10:35 AM Post #121
I truly appreciate the heads up. I know coding/programs are not easy, and that you have a lot on your plate. Thank you for taking the time to answer me. Keep up the amazing job that you do!
Lostwords13
Level 71
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 113
Posted: 4/26/2019 at 11:36 AM Post #122
Yay thanks Krin! super dupe appeciate you takign off that check :D
Vin
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 18
Posted: 4/26/2019 at 1:02 PM Post #123
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=75659&page=12#117
Author: Kaomycs
Time Posted: 4/25/2019 at 2:10 PM
I retire what a said HERE, I woke up for a 495 score in the contest and got 'oh, I can beat that' (two hours difference between me and the site). I made like 400 nutures and go to the score to see the points. I made 4. FOUR. And someone made 495. They made what, 4950 eggs? I died to make 1000! This is insane! Nope, I'm out. I will breed my own special pet in some months or something. I'm not THAT competitive. *laught*

If you're trying to nurture a particular species for the contest, advanced search has a way to search just eggs and hatchlings of that species, and you can nurture from the pet page, not just the hatchery. That is probably what they are doing.
Minikin
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 95
Posted: 4/26/2019 at 10:56 PM Post #124
Dunno if it's possible or if others agree, but while the composting feature is nice to have, it doesn't make sense to me to have composted 2 seeds in exchange for only one seed which is the same as something you just sacrificed. For example, I composted a ny'vene seed and one other. Only to get the same ny'vene seed back, but now I'm out that other seed.

I thought about this last year too when it kept happening. I like the feature but if I'm getting rid of two seeds I don't want the same one back while losing the other for no reason. I really shouldn't bother if theres no benefit to me. Waste of real money.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,124
Posted: 4/27/2019 at 12:41 AM Post #125
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=75659&page=13#124
Author: Minikin
Time Posted: 4/26/2019 at 10:56 PM
Dunno if it's possible or if others agree, but while the composting feature is nice to have, it doesn't make sense to me to have composted 2 seeds in exchange for only one seed which is the same as something you just sacrificed. For example, I composted a ny'vene seed and one other. Only to get the same ny'vene seed back, but now I'm out that other seed.

I thought about this last year too when it kept happening. I like the feature but if I'm getting rid of two seeds I don't want the same one back while losing the other for no reason. I really shouldn't bother if theres no benefit to me. Waste of real money.

If it were a 1:1 ratio, then it'd just allow people to endlessly recycle Seeds to get the exact one they want.

The feature was not at all intended to work that way.

It's meant to just be a way to recycle Seeds players do not care for in the hopes they might get something that they do. Before such features, players would end festivals with tons of left over Seeds (or Catalysts for whichever feature) just left rotting. So this feature gives them something to do with those.
Minikin
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 4/27/2019 at 2:24 AM Post #126
Well, no. I wasnt really saying make it 1:1. I just don't want to waste my seeds to get back half of what I just discarded, but rather a new, random seed. Especially for expensive seeds like majestic and fabled as I tend to pay for mine through the diamond shop.

Like it literally just happened to me a second time in a row. I composted ny'vene and griffi the first time and got the same ny'vene back. Composted ny'vene and lighira got the same ny'vene back. But now I'm out the griffi and lighira and I still don't want this ny'vene seed.

But never mind. Was just a thought. Guess it didn't make sense. I'm just kind of bummed about the whole thing now.
Edited By Binkybunny on 4/27/2019 at 2:34 AM.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/27/2019 at 2:37 AM Post #127
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=75659&page=13#126
Author: Minikin
Time Posted: 4/27/2019 at 2:24 AM
Well, no. I wasnt really saying make it 1:1. I just don't want to waste my seeds to get back half of what I just discarded, but rather a new, random seed. Especially for expensive seeds like majestic and fabled as I tend to pay for mine through the diamond shop.

Like it literally just happened to me a second time in a row. I composted ny'vene and griffi the first time and got the same ny'vene back. Composted ny'vene and lighira got the same ny'vene back. But now I'm out the griffi and lighira and I still don't want this ny'vene seed.

But never mind. Was just a thought. Guess it didn't make sense. I'm just kind of bummed about the whole thing now.

Ah. There really isn't a way to control that easily. I can't attach it to the items themselves because not only is there no way to put that information for items, but also it wouldn't even really be viable because you guys trade stuff around.

It also wouldn't really be feasible to have like a way to say... "You have composted xyz so when you open those composted seeds, you are excluded from xyz." That would also be rather hard to control and track for and all that.

Really, the only viable solution would allow players to purchase Seeds with their composted seeds. However, doing features like that require a lot of coding to set up. =\
Minikin
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 4/27/2019 at 2:42 AM Post #128
Alrighty, thanks for your reply. I figured it might not be an easy fix.
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Posted: 4/27/2019 at 8:26 AM Post #129
New Genes and Mutations Released

We have released a whopping 26 new Pet Traits into the game for this year's Spring Festival! This includes a new Restricted Trait Set for the Ferrikki species, Victorian, and a global Restricted Trait for all species, called Spring Blossoms.

We will also be releasing a nice surprise update for Qitari that will greatly improve the artwork for some of their manes, such as Fire Mane, Icicle Mane, Nebula Mane, and Luxurious Locks.

Species: Ferrikki
Trait Name: Victorian Drape (G1), Victorian Tail (M1), Victorian Ribbon (M2), Victorian Drape (M3)
How to Obtain: These Traits can be added to existing eligible Ferrikki by purchasing the [Restricted Trait Disruptor (Ferrikki - Victorian)] from the Diamond Shop or by growing a Spring Victorian Ferrikki Seed in the Sylesti Garden.

Species: All
Trait Name: Spring Blossoms
How to Obtain: These Traits can be added to existing eligible pets by purchasing the [Restricted Trait Disruptor (All Species - Spring Blossoms)] from the Diamond Shop. There are plans to offer more methods of obtaining these pets and more details will be posted very soon!

Now that I have finally finished getting all of this put in game, I will next work on getting the Shared Garden in Astryl's Meadow functional. I hope to have this ready for tomorrow, as I am too exhausted to work on it today. =P

There will be at least one other method for obtaining pets with the Spring Blossoms Trait during this festival, I just haven't decided exactly how it will work. Expect more info on this once the Shared Garden is available! For now though, they can be added to existing eligible pets with the RTD from the Diamond Shop.
Edited By Krinadon on 4/27/2019 at 11:25 PM.
Wyvern676
Level 70
Sylestiologist
Threads: 7
Posted: 4/27/2019 at 8:28 AM Post #130
This is amazing! Thanks Krin!
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3... 12, 13, 14... 34, 35, 36
This Page loaded in 0.015 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.