Players 2,407 367
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,242,961 1,762
Generated 656,182 12
Captured 1,190,474 65
Bred 6,396,210 1,685
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Off-Topic Discussion > My team in Pokmon Platinum(can't bea...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Lunalamoone
Level 75
Templar
Threads: 68
Posted: 3/9/2019 at 12:53 PM Post #1
help please! My team is as follows; arranged by level with the highest-level Pokmon first.
Party member 1:
Nickname: Emperor
Species Name: Empoleon
Ability: Torrent
Level: 55
Nature: Naughty
HP: 178
Attack: 137
Defense: 115
Special Attack: 155
Special Defense: 117
Speed: 93
Stat total: 795
Moves known: Flash Cannon(used for Steel-type STAB, or Same Type Attack Bonus), Surf(used for Water-type STAB and swamping), Drill Peck(for coverage against Grass and Fighting), Brick Break(for coverage against Rock, Ice, and Steel)
Held item: Sea Incense(to help with Surf swamping)
Party member 2:
Nickname: Kage(male name of Japanese origin meaning Shadow)
Species Name: Giratina
Ability: Pressure
Variant/Form: Altered form
Level: 53
Nature: Naughty
HP: 234
Attack: 138
Defense: 136
Special Attack: 126
Special Defense: 128
Speed: 109
Stat total: 871
Moves known: Fly(used for coverage against Grass, since Kage is immune to Fighting), Ancient Power(formatted as AncientPower in gen 4, used for coverage against Fire and Flying), Draco Meteor(used for Dragon-type STAB and coverage against Dragon), Shadow Force(signature move, used for Ghost-type STAB and coverage against Ghost and Psychic)
Held item: Spell Tag(to boost Ghost-type STAB gained from Shadow Force, will be replaced with Griseous Orb post-game)
Party member 3:
Nickname: Darkness
Species Name: Absol
Ability: Super Luck
Level: 52
Nature: Adamant
HP: 142
Attack: 170
Defense: 88
Special Attack: 90
Special Defense: 84
Speed: 93
Stat total: 667
Moves known: Fire Blast(used for coverage against Grass, Ice, Bug, and Steel), Night Slash(used for Dark-type STAB and coverage against Ghost and Psychic), Future Sight(later going to be replaced with Psycho Cut, used for coverage against Fighting and Poison), False Swipe(may later be replaced with Megahorn if the move exists in gen 4, used to weaken wild Pokmon I want to catch without the risk of knocking out the Pokmon in question)
Held item: Smoke Ball(to allow fleeing from wild opponents that are faster and/or have a trapping ability)
Party member 4:
Nickname: Lightning
Species Name: Luxray
Ability: Rivalry
Level: 44
Nature: Impish
HP: 139
Attack: 125
Defense: 96
Special Attack: 83
Special Defense: 81
Speed: 75
Stat total: 599
Moves known: Crunch(used for coverage against Ghost and Psychic), Iron Tail(for coverage against Rock), Shock Wave(bypasses accuracy checks to always hit, used for Electric-type STAB and coverage against Water and Flying), Strength(HM move, used to push movable boulders around outside of battle, deals decent damage in battle to non-Ghost, Rock, or Steel-type opponents)
Held item: Magnet(to boost Electric-type STAB)
Party member 5:
Nickname: Chompy
Species Name: Gabite
Ability: Sand Veil
Level: 43
Planning to evolve her into Garchomp, and she's only 5 levels away from her evolution level anyway.
Nature: Docile
HP: 116
Attack: 84
Defense: 68
Special Attack: 60
Special Defense: 65
Speed: 84
Stat total: 477(might get better when she evolves into Garchomp at level 48)
Moves known: Rock Climb(HM move, used to climb rocky walls outside of battle, deals decent damage to non-Ghost, Rock, or Steel-type opponents in battle, also has a chance to cause confusion in non-Ghost-type opponents), Rock Smash(HM move, used to shatter breakable boulders outside of battle, deals decent damage to non-Ghost, Psychic, or Flying-type opponents, deals heavy damage to Normal, Rock, and Steel-type opponents), Rock Tomb(used for coverage against Fire and Flying), Dig(used for Ground-type STAB, coverage against Fire, Rock, and Steel, and to escape dungeons and caves outside of battle)
Held item: Rock Incense
Party member 6:
Nickname: Berlitz
Species Name: Blissey
Ability: Natural Cure
Level: 39
Nature: Quiet
HP: 254
Attack: 23
Defense: 23
Special Attack: 75
Special Defense: 120
Speed: 50
Stat total: 545
Moves known: Softboiled(status move, used for HP restoration, can be used on herself or an ally depending on battle type or if I'm not in a battle at the moment), Rock Smash(HM move, used for shattering cracked boulders outside of battle, does pathetic damage in battle due to her low attack and defense), Rock Climb(see Chompy's information), Egg Bomb(used for damaging non-Ghost, Rock, or Steel-type opponents)
Held item: Cleanse Tag(to decrease the percentage of wild encounters when she's the head of the party)
I know I need to level up my party members to at least level 60, but does anyone have any advice?
Also, Kage's Spell Tag is just serving as a placeholder to still boost Ghost-type STAB until I can get the Griseous Orb post-game. I may also replace Berlitz with my Togetic Buddy(he's pretty low level, so I'm gonna level him up a bunch first, which will be easy to do because he's holding the EXP Share)
Edited By Lunalamoone on 3/9/2019 at 5:56 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 3/9/2019 at 5:29 PM Post #2
okay, well, a good half of this info is just... not really relevant and mostly makes it harder to pick out the stuff that is

Emperor (Empoleon)

Ability:
Torrent
Nature: Naughty (^Atk, vSpD)
HP: 178/ Atk: 137/ Def: 115/ SpA: 155/ SpD: 117/ Sp: 93

Held item: Sea Incense (Water moves +20%)
Moves:
Flash Cannon (used for Steel-type STAB, or Same Type Attack Bonus)

Surf (used for Water-type STAB and swamping)

Drill Peck (for coverage against Grass and Fighting)

Brick Break (for coverage against Rock, Ice, and Steel)

Kage (Giratina Altered Forme)

Ability:
Pressure
Nature: Naughty(^Atk, vSpD)
HP: 234/ Atk: 138/ Def: 136/ SpA: 126/ SpD: 128/ Sp: 109

Held item: Spell Tag(Ghost moves +20%)
Moves:
Fly (used for coverage against Grass, since Kage is immune to Fighting)

Ancient Power (used for coverage against Fire and Flying)

Draco Meteor (used for Dragon-type STAB and coverage against Dragon)

Shadow Force(used for Ghost-type STAB and coverage against Ghost and Psychic)

Darkness (Absol)

Ability: Super Luck
Nature: Adamant (^Atk, v SpA)
HP: 142/ Atk: 170/ Def: 88/ SpA: 90/ SpD: 84/ Sp: 93

Held item: Smoke Ball (easy flee from wild battle)
Moves:
Fire Blast (used for coverage against Grass, Ice, Bug, and Steel)

Night Slash (used for Dark-type STAB and coverage against Ghost and Psychic)

Future Sight (later going to be replaced with Psycho Cut, used for coverage against Fighting and Poison)

False Swipe (may later be replaced with Megahorn if the move exists in gen 4, used to weaken wild Pokmon I want to catch without the risk of knocking out the Pokmon in question)

Lightning (Luxray)

Ability: Rivalry
Nature: Impish (^Def, v SpA)
HP: 139/ Atk: 125/ Def: 96/ SpA: 83/ SpD: 81/ Sp: 75

Held item: Magnet (Electric moves +20%)
Moves:
Crunch (used for coverage against Ghost and Psychic)

Iron Tail (for coverage against Rock)

Shock Wave (used for Electric-type STAB and coverage against Water and Flying)

Strength (deals decent damage in battle to non-Ghost, Rock, or Steel-type opponents)

Chompy (Gabite)

Ability:
Sand Veil
Nature: Docile (neutral)
HP: 116/ Atk: 84/ Def: 68/ SpA: 60/ SpD: 65/ Sp: 84

Held item: Rock Incense (Rock moves +20%)
Moves:
Rock Climb (HM move, used to climb rocky walls outside of battle, deals decent damage to non-Ghost, Rock, or Steel-type opponents in battle, also has a chance to cause confusion in non-Ghost-type opponents)

Rock Smash (HM move, used to shatter breakable boulders outside of battle, deals decent damage to non-Ghost, Psychic, or Flying-type opponents, deals heavy damage to Normal, Rock, and Steel-type opponents)

Rock Tomb (used for coverage against Fire and Flying)

Dig (used for Ground-type STAB, coverage against Fire, Rock, and Steel, and to escape dungeons and caves outside of battle)

Berlitz (Blissey)

Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Quiet (^SpA, v Sp)
HP: 254/ Atk: 23/ Def: 23/ SpA: 75/ SpD: 120/ Sp: 50

Held item: Cleanse Tag (no battle effect)
Moves:
Softboiled (status move, used for HP restoration, can be used on herself or an ally depending on battle type or if I'm not in a battle at the moment)

Rock Smash (HM move, used for shattering cracked boulders outside of battle, does pathetic damage in battle due to her low attack and defense)

Rock Climb (see Chompy's information)

Egg Bomb(used for damaging non-Ghost, Rock, or Steel-type opponents)

_____
(First note, it's not like I'm an expert PVP and I've never really used a blissey or giratina. I did, however, have empoleon, luxray, and garchomp on my team in Diamond)

Okay, first question I have is: Why does your gabite have a full set of HM moves? Why does the blissey have half its moves as HM moves. ????

Okay, let's just start at the bottom maybe
Berlitz is a blissey- they naturally have absolutely garbage attack and defense stats (23 is a stat on par with like,,, a level 20 Magikarp's speed). And while the HP can cover for the low Defence, she shouldn't have physical attacking moves because they make no use of her stats.

Softboiled should be viable to keep
But I'd say maybe she could make use of like... Toxic?
If you really want her to have attacking moves, maybe Uproar from Snowpoint move tutor (Special move)

If I had to set a blissey up I think I might go...
Minimize/Charm (to decrease chance of enemies hitting/ lower their damage output)

Rest (to heal- pokemon can be swapped out while sleeping and Natural Cure ability will wake it up)

Snore (to attack while sleeping, special normal-type attack)

Toxic (to whittle down the enemy HP)

or...

Softboiled

Toxic/ ... Skill swap? (actually pretty useful, lets you get rid of annoying enemy abilities, like Levitate or synchronize or speed boost)

Charm/Light screen/ Captivate (lowers opposite gendered pokemon's SpA by two stages- actually pretty useful against GenIV pokemon league because with the exception of Aaron's Vespiquen all the trainers have their whole team matching their gender (and there's only one female E4 trainer)(Cynthia has two male pokemon, both of which use Special Attacks))

Stealth Rock?

or something like that. You could also go with Thunder wave, or any of the numerous Special Attacks Blissey learn via TM (eg. ice beam).
(Take her to Canalave and have the move deleter get rid of those physical HMs)

Held item... If you went with Light Screen, you could maybe go with Light Clay, but usually Leftovers is a pretty popular held item because Healing.

__

(hang on I need to post this to see it better before we get back to breaking the team down)
(and then I nearly had a heart attack because we put good ol' Diamond into our DS and it said "no game is in the DS". Thankfully our 3DS has gone "that sure is a game right there")

Chompy needs a lookover...
Rock Climb/ Rock Smash/ Rock Tomb/ Dig is... something

Our own back in the day, Kaiza, has Dragon Claw/Crunch/Sandstorm/Dragon Rush, though I wouldn't suggest that that's the best moveset.

Definite:
Earthquake (the best ground move in the game, pity you need to use the TM for Garchomp to learn it, but hey, what can you do)
Dragon Claw/ Dragon Rush (Claw has the accuracy, Rush has the power)

Options for other two slots:
Swords dance is a viable option to boost Garchomp's huge attack stat (but you'd have to get it from the Veilstone Game Corner)
Fire Fang (move relearner) can take care of Ice types (and some other types) and can burn/flinch opponents
Rock Slide or Stone Edge (another case of higher accuracy vs higher power)
Crunch
Sandstorm (since empoleon is immune and a blissey with leftovers would recover from the sandstorm damage)
Some other Phys attack that garchomp can learn that could cover for the rest of the team

Item possibilities:
Expert belt (rt221- surf down from professor's town) (boosts damage dealt to enemies by super effective moves)
Razor claw/fang(depending on if you wanted higher crit or flinch chance
could use an elemental item/plate to boost one of the move types
__

Lightning having Rivalry is a bit unfortunate because Intimidate is very useful, and the stuff we mentioned when talking about Captivate stands true in this case- most of the pokemon in the Sinnoh E4 are male, meaning all her damage against most pokemon in the league is cut to .75... of the 10 female pokemon in this league, 6 are ground type- Bertha's 5 and Cynthia's Garchomp, rendering them immune to Electric attacks (and super effective against Lightning.)

Crunch/ Iron Tail/ Shock Wave/ Strength

(Our Denkou's moveset- Bite/ spark/ discharge/ crunch... that sure is a moveset, but whatever)

Lightning has way more physical attack than special.
I'd say "Ice fang" but unfortunately that's an Egg move only attack for luxray

Spark/Thunder fang
Crunch
Magnet rise? (snowpoint move tutor, negates ground weakness)

Charge (boosts SpDef. doubles power of electric move used on the next turn)

Iron tail is an option I guess?

__

Darkness is another physical attacker, though the SpA is good too.

Fire Blast/ Night Slash/ Future Sight/ False Swipe

Fire blast I'd say if you want the fire move, replace it with flamethrower for the higher PP and accuracy, but that's our personal opinion on the matter.

Night slash should be good
Psycho cut should be good

Megahorn is an absol eggmove in HGSS, but not available in Platinum- and though absol can learn X-Scissor via TM, the TM is only available post-league

Slash, Shadow Claw, and Stone Edge are all moves you can get that make use of Super Luck though (level up, TM, TM)

Swords dance to boost attack

Aerial Ace can take out fighting and bug (dark's weaknesses)

I'd say Razor Claw could work well, boosting the crit chance higher, or king's rock to add a flinch chance

__

Kage can go either phys or special, though since you already have Darkness, Lightning, and Chompy covering Phys you might want to take them Special.

Fly/ Ancient Power/ Draco Meteor/ Shadow Force

I'd say maybe Dragon Pulse (lower power than Draco Meteor, but doesn't drop your SpA, and has higher Accuracy and PP)

Shadow Ball is an option

Earth power is also an option

Aura sphere is unfortunately a lv90 move in DPP (it's lv37 in HGSS though for whatever reason)
Will-o-wisp or calm mind would also be good buuuuuut, they're post-league TMs

__

Emperor we might also want to have go primarily to Special Attack- especially since he has very good special attack, higher than his physical!

but with his moveset of Flash Cannon/ Surf/ Drill Peck/ Brick Break

Flash Cannon and Surf should be all good, good power, good accuracy, STAB, run on Special Attack

other two are good moves as well, decent coverage

He should be pretty good. You could like, give him Ice Beam for dragon/grass/ground/flying coverage or something but other than that thought
Edited By Scathreoite on 3/9/2019 at 7:05 PM.
Lunalamoone
Level 75
Templar
Posted: 3/9/2019 at 5:35 PM Post #3
hm, that might be a good idea, but I haven't gotten Leftovers yet! And sorry about the unnecessary information, I'll go in and edit it out!
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 3/9/2019 at 5:54 PM Post #4
We'll keep adding to our post- if you copy what we have in our post we can remove it from ours and that will be tidier.

Leftovers are found in victory road (and held 100% by munchlax if you somehow get one from a honey tree, and Pickup, but only if the pokemon is lv81+ and only rarely)
Lunalamoone
Level 75
Templar
Posted: 3/9/2019 at 5:58 PM Post #5
are they in that little item PokeBall surrounded by rocks? Because if so, I can't get to it, I've tried going up the little ramp with my bike multiple times, and each time I landed nowhere near the PokeBall.
Edit: also, would you have any tips on raising a Togetic, and potentially leveling up an already high level Umbreon to an even higher level?
Edited By Lunalamoone on 3/9/2019 at 6:00 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 3/9/2019 at 6:19 PM Post #6
Togetic in HGSS yes, but I've never used one in any after GenIV
Umbreon, maybe, I have raised a few of them.

Also, dangit, leftovers is post-nationaldex (aka, post league) (they were so stingy about leftovers and then suddenly in SuMo they were just like... "YOU get leftovers, YOU get leftovers, leftovers for everyone!")

This is the setup our HG togetic has:
Serene Grace
Extrasensory/ wish/ yawn/ Ancientpower

Togetic you definitely 100% want serene grace ability (it's just... so good. Also Hustle is. Not great considering the line's bad physical attack)
Ours has AncientPower because SG boosts the 10% chance of boosting all stats to 20%
Yawn and wish are both viable moves to have and use though they don't make use of Serene Grace,
Extrasensory is an egg move, very useful but you can't get it if the pokemon doesn't already have it

In pre-GenVI games, when togetic was still normal/flying, Headbutt becomes a 105 base power move with a 60% chance of inflicting flinch (though again togetic doesn't really have the attack stat to make full use of that)

Water Pulse gets a 40% chance to confuse etc.
Edited By Scathreoite on 3/9/2019 at 7:28 PM.
Lunalamoone
Level 75
Templar
Posted: 3/9/2019 at 8:49 PM Post #7
oof.
In case you're wondering about my Togetic and Umbreon, here's some of their information.
Togetic:
Nickname: Buddy
Species Name: Togetic(evolved from Togepi just this morning)
Ability: Serene Grace
Level: 22
Nature: Hardy(that's a neutral nature, right?
HP: 58
Attack: 28
Defense: 44
Special Attack: 45
Special Defense: 54
Speed: 23
Stat total:
Moves known: Defog(for clearing up foggy areas outside of battle), Psychic(, ,
Held item: EXP Share
Umbreon:
Nickname: Tamao
Species Name: Umbreon
Ability: Synchronize
Level: 47
Nature: Quiet
HP:
Attack:
Defense:
Special Attack:
Special Defense:
Speed:
Stat total:
Moves known: Payback(used for Dark-type STAB), Swift(to never miss an attack against non-immune and non-resistant targets), Quick Attack(for priority damage), Dig(for quick escape or evading a turn of damage in battle)
Held item: none at the moment
I'll fill in the rest of the information later, my 3Ds is in the red low battery zone

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.