Forum Index > Other Fiction > Zombie Apocalypse
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Sslover
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 249
Posted: 2/12/2019 at 7:09 PM Post #1
This is a story that I wrote back in 6th grade, I think. I haven't really looked over it ever since I stopped writing it because whenever I write, I can get serious writer's block. Anyway, I would love to hear feedback or ideas about what should come next. Whelp here goes:

The Zombie Apocalypse
This book is dedicated to Mrs. Tempany (Mary Autumn Tempany). And my cousin who I dragged in, Emma Collins. And Brinly. I dragged her into this, too.
By: Me (Cara)
Prologue
We are two of the very few survivors. We are in the jungle at a military base. There is a virus that one of the people had brought in. Now over 95% of the military people have died or have turned into zombies. Our mission is to save the other survivors. We have nothing to fight with except for our fists. The virus might spread to us, but we have helmets that clear the air. A helicopter has landed us here about two days ago and told us to just try to survive and when your mission is completed, well be waiting. It's just me and my cousin, Emma Collins.
"So where do we need to go?" She asked. Emma was younger and didn't know why we were here.
"We need to go to the main military base. There, we can try to find the survivors. If there aren't any, we die proudly," I said.
"Survivors from what?" Emma asked.
"The virus that has spread through the base."
"Oh. The virus is fatal then?"
"Yes. You are making kinks in my patience. Just stop asking questions before I decide to leave you here."
"Ok! Jeez! You don't have to be so harsh, ya know. So where is the main base from here?" Emma said. She looked around.
"We have a to head through those trees, just over...there. We walked for hours. Look. There it is."
"Wow." That's all she could say. The base looked like a city...populated with only zombies. And bones. I spotted the chopper right before Emma did.
"Wow," Emma said again. "What's that?!" She pointed to the helicopter. "That's the copter that dropped us off." The helicopter was on fire. We could see more fire just beyond the base. Surprisingly, we made it through the base and found that the fire was a crashed plane. We searched the premises and found no survivors. We did find weapons, though. They didn't have a name, they looked like deformed daggers. Then, I realized they were sharp bones. Hey, at least they were still useful. We fought our way through the zombies. They were tough buggers and I got hurt. So, we made our way back to the burning plane. It was the most shelter for miles. We had to sleep on the seats that had been torn apart as if someone was looking for someone, or rather, something.
"I don't want to sleep here!" Emma cried.
"I don't either, so we're just going to have to deal with it."
"Wow. What happened to this place? Why don't we just hike a little bit to get to a real house?"
"Because. The zombies have probably broken the doors down." I was getting very, very impatient.
"I thought you said zombies were too dumb to do anything really."
"They are! Their instinct is to kill though. So, they might break down a couple of doors to get food."
"There! You said it yourself! They might break down a couple of doors means that not all the doors have been broken down!" I was in a power struggle with a ten-year-old. I was losing.
"Ok, fine. But if we end up as dead meat, it's not my fault," I accused.
"Ok, whatever. Come on!" I'm not even sure that she heard what I just said.
So, we started the long hike back to the base.
"We need to be quiet so we aren't heard or seen. No stepping on sticks."
"Ok. Sooo...how much longer?"
"Not much. The base is right ahead." I pointed to the base. "And all the doors I have seen so far have been broken down."
"Eh. It's just deja vu."
"Yeah, just remember that. Look! A door that's not broken down!"
"Come on slow poke!"
"Coming! Now hurry up!" I had run past her to finally get to the best shelter around. "Emma! Watch your back!" Emma looked behind her. One of the zombies was gaining upon her...fast. Emma tried to run faster, but she couldn't. Then, she remembered the sharp bones. She pulled it out of her pocket and she stabbed at the zombie. She stabbed it in the arm, and the zombie stopped for a second. It was enough time to escape. We got into the house and barred the door.
"You had to drag me through all that trouble to just get here?! Really? I am never doing that again."
"Well, I didn't know. I'm sorry," Emma didn't sound sorry at all. She looked around. Telling by the look on her face, she liked the little house we stumbled into. There was an upstairs, there were four other little rooms. I assumed that zombies couldn't climb stairs, and I was right. Unfortunately. We explored the house a little more and decided to sleep upstairs. We couldn't move a bed up there, so we took blankets. When we got upstairs, we fell asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillows.
When I woke up, I could hear groaning. Emma was still asleep because she wasn't used to waking up so early. I looked over at her to see if she was the one groaning. She wasn't. I sat up immediately and almost hit my head on the ceiling. I didn't care, though. There were zombies in the house! What was I going to do? We couldn't get down because zombies were crowding the stairs. I am glad that zombies can't climb stairs. Then Emma woke up.
Edited By Sslover on 2/13/2019 at 5:29 PM.
Sslover
Level 61
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 249
Posted: 2/12/2019 at 7:34 PM Post #2
Reserved
Edited By Sslover on 2/12/2019 at 7:46 PM.

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.