Forum Index > Breeding Discussion > Monochrome Factor Project
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Hanitsirk
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 44
Posted: 1/31/2019 at 10:07 AM Post #1
Here I will keep a record of project progress.

Edited By Hanitsirk on 7/8/2019 at 4:01 PM.
Hanitsirk
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 2/2/2019 at 1:42 PM Post #2
I will be adding each new generation to the original post as the project moves along. Now for a more in-depth look about some other aspects of it.

Firstly, I consider the 'first generation' as more of a 'generation zero' because instead of catching these pets in the wild I generated them according to a design. So the 'second generation' effectively becomes 'generation one' and so on.

Secondly, I used prismatic philters on each pet of generation one because I knew that no matter what, they'll have the traits I want for that generation. However, for future generations where best trait selection for a given offspring is not guaranteed, I will not be using prismatic philters. That likely means I'll have max trait pets before I use another prismatic philter.

That's it for the practical breeding aspects of my project at the moment. However, there's one more thing I do when I breed pets in the project. Detailed breakdown below.

When I generated the generation zero pets, I randomly chose one element to attune them to, so that for each of the six pets, each of the six elements was represented. I then bought level 0 and level 26 equipment from map towns to equip them with, and sent them on missions to level them up until they hit 60, and equipped them with rare lg equipment.

For each successive generation, choice of elements becomes a bit more complicated, but here's a short list of what it will look like:

Gen0 - i
Gen1 - ii
Gen2 - iii
Gen3 - iiii
and so on

Each 'i' represents the number of 'genotype points' a particular element has depending on which generations it appears in and how many times it appears. For each offspring, depending upon its generation, I add up all the 'i's, divide the sum into 100, and thereby get the percent chance of a particular element being chosen for a particular pet. (I can make a more detailed explanation if anyone asks.)
Hanitsirk
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 3/23/2019 at 9:57 AM Post #3
I'm considering tweaking the colors slightly. Here're the new colors I'm considering:

Hanitsirk
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 6/17/2019 at 1:32 PM Post #4
I've used lesser pet dyes on Generation Two to implement the new colors.
Hanitsirk
Level 70
Trickster
Posted: 6/19/2019 at 9:24 AM Post #5
In Generation 0, I created pets using the Generator. In Generation 1, I bred two pets together who each had a different visible trait, resulting in offspring with 2c on the first try. In Generation 2, I am breeding two pets together who each have two different carried traits, and am having to try over and over and over again to get two offspring with 4c each. Below is progress on that.

Pair #1
1st 4c: 1st bred
2nd 4c: 13th bred

Pair #2
1st 4c: 5th bred
2nd 4c: 6th bred

Pair #3
1st 4c: 11th bred
2nd 4c: 43rd bred
Edited By Hanitsirk on 7/8/2019 at 9:13 AM.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.