Forum Index > Suggestion Box > Site Moderators
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Lively
Level 71
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 43
Posted: 1/16/2019 at 5:29 PM Post #1
So, I've been looking all through out the game, and I've noticed there aren't any moderators besides the admins! (At least from what I've found) So I'm Suggesting this.

What if there were moderators on Sylestia?

Moderators are players who look after the game while the admins are offline. They help answer questions players may have and make sure the rules are enforced. Moderators also give warnings and 'punishments' to players are breaking the rules. Such as art theft, inappropriate names, swearing, chat drama ect.

There can be 2 types of moderators on this site:

Game moderator
Forum moderator

Game Moderator
Game moderators will work on answering questions, checking art and user/sylesti names, Controlling scams, watching chat, and anything else that the admins would like to see controlled. They will also keep a watch of the forums and make sure no rules are broken. They are also the people to go to when you need to report someone or something

Forum Moderator

forum moderators will work specifically in the forums answering to bugs, and member help questions, as well as check for art theft, moving topics, and making sure that all rules are being followed. Unlike the game moderators, forum moderators are restricted to only modding the forums.

FAQ:

How will the moderators get paid?
Instead of USD, Moderators can be paid in diamonds, or gold when they get paid would be up to the admins.

Why do we need moderators
To relieve the admins of the work of watching the players. Think of it as having a babysitter for the players of the game. It also helps enforce the rules and keep sylestia a safe place.

How will applications work?

Applications can work by filling out a form asking a few questions about being a mod. Here's an example

1) What is your username and ID# ?

2) Describe stock images and hotlinking.

3) Have you ever Moderated a site before? If so, please describe your experience.

4) Are you currently in school? Fulltime or part time?

5) Do you have any job experience? If so, describe.

6) How many hours a day are you on Sylestia?

7) Why do you want to be a Mod?

sound cool? tell me why you do or don't support
Edited By Lilmomma on 1/16/2019 at 5:32 PM.
Katty
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Threads: 202
Posted: 1/16/2019 at 5:55 PM Post #2
I dont believe that Mods would bring anything beneficial to the site. I am a member of 2 sites with mods and they are very uptight with consequences for the stupidest things, example a friend saying they were expecting and me asking "omg you are finally pregnant?" this was done over private message and the word "pregnant" was apparently flagged by a program and i was suspended for 2 weeks for mentioning something that is a part of life.

Soo the take away from this is: please dont ruin a site i love cause at the moment i dont have to worry about what i say in fear of repercussions. If you dont like the way Sylestia is run cause of no mods i suggest neopets where you cannot use the word "uncle" cause its blocked for some stupid reason, and dont use the word pregnant either ^-^
Edited By Kaita on 1/16/2019 at 5:57 PM.
IvyCat
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 106
Posted: 1/18/2019 at 10:56 AM Post #3
I do support. The forum posts can be flagged and I did flag a post that had several instances of different words for a females bust. Spammed. It was a contest/ giveaway thread. It was never removed. Honestly, I think a forum moderator would be a good idea rather than a game moderator.
Lively
Level 71
Majestic Brewmistress
Threads: 43
Posted: 1/19/2019 at 11:57 AM Post #4
Link: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=72098&page=1#2
Author: Katty
Time Posted: 1/16/2019 at 5:55 PM
I dont believe that Mods would bring anything beneficial to the site. I am a member of 2 sites with mods and they are very uptight with consequences for the stupidest things, example a friend saying they were expecting and me asking "omg you are finally pregnant?" this was done over private message and the word "pregnant" was apparently flagged by a program and i was suspended for 2 weeks for mentioning something that is a part of life.

Soo the take away from this is: please dont ruin a site i love cause at the moment i dont have to worry about what i say in fear of repercussions. If you dont like the way Sylestia is run cause of no mods i suggest neopets where you cannot use the word "uncle" cause its blocked for some stupid reason, and dont use the word pregnant either ^-^

The things stated above can be beneficial to the site if we had moderators. The reason why the moderators are uptight on rules, is becaue its their job to make sure the rules are enforced, and concequences are delt out accordingly. I'm sorry that you got suspended by saying the word 'pregnant' but you have to look at it as, if it was flagged, it probably means it is a banned word on the site. Certain words are banned for a reason, and I know that the word pregnant is a banned word on some sites because I play on those sites.

And so, the take away from this is: Be sure you read the rules, terms and services before playing a game. Site moderators won't ruin the site you love, but help strengthen it and make it a safer place, and also takes some of the load off the admins work. It sounds to me like you don't like moderators simply because you've had a bad run in with them. ^-^ Thank-you and have a blessed day.
Daylightapparitions
Level 75
Majestic Green Thumb
Threads: 62
Posted: 1/19/2019 at 2:25 PM Post #5
A lot of times moderators may not understand the situation, and that room for misunderstanding creates problems and a feeling of disenfranchisement. As a kid, on Animal Jam, I got in trouble for trying to say my sister's name in a private situation with friends I knew in real life.

Since these simple misunderstandings can happen easily, I think in general having an actual moderator is not a good idea.

A better way to do this is to have people who you can privately reach out to to resolve issues. Those people could contact the alleged bullier, scammer, or other to ensure a fair system.
Waywardhunter05
Level 70
Threads: 22
Posted: 1/22/2019 at 5:57 AM Post #6
I like this idea! I have a lot of battle questions, so this would be helpful!
Rillamar
Level 37
Trickster
Threads: 14
Posted: 1/22/2019 at 4:33 PM Post #7
"A better way to do this is to have people who you can privately reach out to to resolve issues. Those people could contact the alleged bullier, scammer, or other to ensure a fair system."

I personally think that this is a better idea because, as you said, moderators can misunderstand things and also they can be strict at times
Edited By Rillamar on 1/22/2019 at 4:33 PM.

This Page loaded in 0.009 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.