Forum Index > Groups, Guilds, Clubs, and Services > Player Featuring Magazine
Page 1 1, 2 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Ladybugjr
Level 71
Fancy Pants
Threads: 127
Posted: 1/1/2019 at 12:00 AM Post #1
This is a newspaper where every day, I write an article on a player. I will ping all peeps who want to read the daily newspaper.
The peeps who got written about get a reward
You can nominate a player who hasn't already been chosen for the article. Or hasn't been chosen in 6 weeks
Feel free to post on this forum or pm me to be on the ping list!

Nominees
Grapejuice-revamping sylestia times (head editor-quite a busy job + everything else she's doing, e.g. genetic testing)
Fastnatalie1-free leveling to 70 (no easy task) for anyone
Articles
Krinadon 12/31/18 Article
Faiona 1/1/19 Article
Redfix 1/2/19 Article
Orca2whale 1/3/19 Article
Misswolymouse 1/12/19 Article
Ping list
Orca2whale, Cottony5, Iloveichu
Edited By Hoooowlers on 1/18/2019 at 9:25 PM.
Ladybugjr
Level 71
Fancy Pants
Posted: 1/1/2019 at 12:00 AM Post #2
12/31/18 Article

Our winderful admin!

Krinadon has shaped Sylestia over the course of 6 years. Krin, working together with Faiona, has shaped our community from the buttons we use to post images and links to the artwork we know today. Krin has seen sylestia through the full extent of the game. He was the very first player ever!

Changes in avi items

Krin has changed the artwork on our avitar items tirelessly, always trying to make things better then they already are. Here are some examples of the atumn color loving avitars through Krin's time on sylestia

As you can see, Avi items definitely got better and Krin was a huge part of that.

Sylesti Artwork
Krindon has helped sylestia grow tons. For Instance, regens. Ny'venes used to look like this
and now like this (I tried to replicate it in the generator)

Can you see how different they are? The first pair of Ny'venes was posted on 5/27/2013 at 7:05 gametime and the second pair is from a few seconds ago.

Forum Talk
I bet when Sylestia first started, it had no formatting tools to use to create links or bold your words! As you can guess, this most likely had something to do with Krin. When Sylestia first started, it probly had forums, but not the ones that we have now. Now,if you hover tour curser over the button, it tells you what it does. however, back in the day, That thechnology wasn't even invented. Aditionally, The tech for links and colored images came later on as well.

Final Statements
When Sylestia first started, it was only a big hunk of programming, but as it became more popular, it was refined more and more until pop! We come to where we are today. Krin worked so hard to create this website, so that's why I've created a compliment forum for our admin!They have refined everything from the forums to the artwork. I hope you all see how important they are.
Edited By Hoooowlers on 1/1/2019 at 11:14 PM.
Ladybugjr
Level 71
Fancy Pants
Posted: 1/1/2019 at 11:13 PM Post #3
1/1/19 Article

The Beautiful Faiona

Faiona has shaped Sylestia over the course of 6 years. Fai, working together with Krin, has shaped our community from the buttons we use to post images and links to the artwork we know today. Faiona has seen sylestia through the full extent of the game. She was the second player the game has seen! I also think that Faiona doesen't get nearly as much publicity as Krin becayse Krin posts more. However, they both work equally hard to help sylestia grow.

Changes in avi items

Faiona has changed the artwork on our avitar items tons, with the help of krin always trying to make things better then they already are. Here are some examples of some avitars over 6 years

As you can see, Avi items definitely got better and Faiona was a huge part of that. Even though those where seasonal items posted in news and announcments by Krin, Faiona was a HUGE part of that deal.

Sylesti Artwork
Faiona has helped sylestia grow tons. For Instance, regens. Ny'venes used to look like this
and now like this (I tried to replicate it in the generator)

Can you see how different they are? The first pair of Ny'venes was posted on 5/27/2013 at 7:05 gametime and the second pair is from a yesterday. Picture you trying to make a generator as awesome as the one we have now. Can you see in your mind how hard that would be to program? Once again, Krin posted the announcements for the generator, regen, and original art, however Krin and Faiona worked together on that.

Tutorial
When you started, you remember a fairly short, brief tutorial. I certainly do. Imagine your Faiona, programming a tutorial to show players how to play the game. If you go on to scratch.com, and try to create a game with a tutorial, you will find it very difficult. I use scratch for art, but that doesn't matter. The point is, Faiona and Krin worked very Very VERY hard to create a tutorial, we should all be thankful for their hard work.

Final Statements
When Sylestia first started, it was only a big hunk of programming, but as it became more popular, it was refined more and more until pop! We come to where we are today. Krin and Faiona worked so hard to create this website, so that's why I've created a compliment forum for our admin!They have refined everything from the forums to the artwork. I hope you all see how important they are.
Edited By Hoooowlers on 1/1/2019 at 11:18 PM.
Ladybugjr
Level 71
Fancy Pants
Posted: 1/3/2019 at 11:24 PM Post #4
1/2/19 Article Sorry I'm late, I got held up yesterday

The Gold Giver Of Noobs

Redfix is a very giving user of sylestia, she gives gold to all noobs far and wide. At the moment, the cristmas event is going on in Redfix's gold for noobs forum She also has a free pets stable.

Custom Title?
Our Redfix deserves a new title, The Giver Of Gold. She deserves this because she gives noobs enough $ for a new tab in their stables. Another title she deserves is, The Giver Of Free Pets. This is because she gives free petz boii.

Kindness at heart
Redfix is a kind user, she even tells everyone in her profile and I quote "If you wanna chat, feel free to shoot me a PM. I love meeting new people!
Anyway, I run an organization. Basically, we give gold to new players. And donations from older players are always appreciated. So, go 'head and check it out! c: https://www.sylestia.com/forums/?thread=30250 " . She basicly tells you "hey guys come get free gold" in her profile,what's more generous than that? Also, In her profile, she thanks people who have been kind to her. Here's the quote "A shout out to Kyokai for so generously providing me with angelic wings, which I have been wishing for ever since I joined this site. Thank you so much!". This proves sheis kind to anyone,but especially those who are kind to her.

Final Statements
Redfix is a kind, wonderful user and we're lucky we have such a kind player. I hope everyone reading this article will be as kind to other players as Redfix would. Visit Redfix's gold grab if you haven't already.
Ladybugjr
Level 71
Fancy Pants
Posted: 1/3/2019 at 11:25 PM Post #5
forgot to ping, see post above
Ladybugjr
Level 71
Fancy Pants
Posted: 1/3/2019 at 11:40 PM Post #6
1/3/19 Article
Not Done dont look accidentally hit post, ill ping when finished!
The Inspirer Of Many

Orca2whale is an...interesting sylestia user. She has written many inspiring things in her profile, challenging readers to put her inspiring stories in their own profile. She has things about bravery, standing up for what's right, and things against bullying, all with challenges to spread the inspiration. Some other things she has on her profile are games and a avi item wishlist.

Custom Title?
If I where to give Orca2whale a custom title, it would be The Inspirer Of Many because she has some very inspiring things in her profile like "When you carry a Bible, the devil gets a headache. When you open it, he collapses. When he sees you reading it, he faints. When he sees you living it, he flees. And just when youre about to re-post this, he will try and discourage you. I just defeated him. Copy, & Paste this if youre in God's Army [Smile]

This is a story about God. Read if you believe in him, and read even if you don't.

A teenage girl about 17 named Diane had gone to visit some friends one evening and time passed quickly as each shared their various experiences of the past year. She ended up staying longer than planned, and had to walk home alone. She wasn't afraid because it was a small town and she lived only a few blocks away.

As she walked along under the tall elm trees, Diane asked God to keep her safe from harm and danger. When she reached the alley, which was a short cut to her house, she decided to take it. However, halfway down the alley she noticed a man standing at the end as though he were waiting for her. She became uneasy and began to pray, asking for God's protection. Instantly a comforting feeling of quietness and security wrapped round her, she felt as though someone was walking with her. When she reached the end of the alley, she walked right past the man and arrived home safely.

The following day, she read in the newspaper that a young girl had been******d in the same alley just twenty minutes after she had been there. Feeling overwhelmed by this tragedy and the fact that it could have been her, she began to weep. Thanking the Lord for her safety and to help this young woman, she decided to go to the police station. She felt she could recognize the man, so she told them her story. The police asked her if she would be willing to look at a lineup to see if she could identify him. She agreed and immediately pointed out the man she had seen in the alley the night before. When the man was told he had been identified, he immediately broke down and confessed. The officer thanked Diane for her bravery and asked if there was anything they could do for her. She asked if they would ask the man one question. Diane was curious as to why he had not attacked her. When the policeman asked him, he answered, "Because she wasn't alone. She had two tall men walking on either side of her."

Amazingly, whether you believe or not, you're never alone. Did you know that 98% of teenagers will not stand up for God, and 93% of the people that read this wont repost it?

If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this; because in the Bible, Jesus says that if you deny me, then I shall deny you before my Father in the gates of Heaven.

98% OF TEENS WON'T STAND UP FOR GOD...

REPOST THIS IF YOU'RE ONE OF THE 2% WHO WILL." and "The girl you just called fat, she's overdosing on diet pills.
The girl you just called ugly, she spends hours putting makeup on.
The boy you just tripped, He is abused enough at home.
That guy you just made fun of for crying, his mother is dying.
The girl you just called a ****** for being pregnant, she was******d.
See that boy you made fun of for reading a book? Last night his best friend committed suicide.
See that old man you made fun of cause of the ugly scars, he fought for our country.
See that girl you just said walks funny, she has a physical disability.
See the boy you just called a freak, he was born with a medical condition.
Put this on your profile if your against bullying. I bet 97% of you won't. ". Seriously, tell me that niether of these are inspiring. If I where to give her a different custom title, it would be Puzzlemaster because she managed to create this "Olny 55% of plepoe can.

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid! Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dsenot mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
if you can raed tihs, palce it in yuor porfiel".

Final statements
Orca2whale is a inspiring and funny player, sylestia is lucky to have such a kindhearted prankmaster.
Edited By Hoooowlers on 1/3/2019 at 11:56 PM.
Ladybugjr
Level 71
Fancy Pants
Posted: 1/3/2019 at 11:57 PM Post #7
Todays post is done now
Ladybugjr
Level 71
Fancy Pants
Posted: 1/4/2019 at 11:11 PM Post #8
1/4/19 Article

The Flexible Thanker

Cottony5 is a wonderful user. Her avatar looks like a water cat and she helped me whenI first joined sylestia. Cottony5 used to run a shop to give players 0-6 vis sylesti. This made my life so much easier and I bet it helped many other players too! Anyway, enough about me, lets get going with this article!

Custom Title?
If I where to give Cottony5 a custom title, it would be The Flexible User, or The Thanker. I would do this because In Cotton's profile, she says "Avatar Items
I actually dont mind, Ill accept any avatar item but here are ones I want most[Well, that Ive actually seen before]. One more thing, if you manage to find the item I want but its not in that colour that I write down, Im still ok with it. Im not picky" this means that she really doesn't care if you send her a farmers pichfork, she'll thank you anyway! Her thank you section states "Fulfilled Wishes
Any themed Vene with 1 or more traits[Thanks to DIAL]
Any themed Ryori, preferably Astral Wanderer[Thanks to DIAL]
Magical pie sounds yummy[Thanks to DIAL]
Storm Lords Regalia[Aquamarine][Thanks to LADYSHANNON]
Any themed Vene with 1 or more traits[Thanks to LADYSHANNON]", this shows that she really apreceates those who help her and tells the world of their kindness.

Kindness all around
Cottony5 recently ended a themed raffle teamed with Smolblu, she also had a wishlist game and a design contest game too. If there where more people like her, the world would be a better place.

Final statements
Cottony5 is one of the kindest, most wonderful users on sylestia. I hope thet everyone reading this article will strive to be as wonderful as her and will always try to help noobs and older players sucseed. Even out of sylestia, I hope you help others like Cottony5 did. Remember, never judge by aperances!
Ladybugjr
Level 71
Fancy Pants
Posted: 1/12/2019 at 10:37 PM Post #9
11/1/12 Article
SO SOORY FOR BEING LATE ON THIS, parents took away my electronics on friday
The Giver Of Awesome Eggos

All of us know about Misswolymouse right? Well, if you don't and you're a noob (a month or younger), ypu can get a really awesome eggo. Misswoolymouse is very generous and has lots of threads that she runs for other sylestian players! She has some random pics by random people in her profile too.

Custom Title?
If I whaere to give Misswoolymouse a custom title, it would be "The Giver OfAwesome Eggos". I would give her this title because one of the first things she says in her profile is and I quote "Hi. Feel free to message me at any time for any reason! I'd be happy to test your pets for free! If your account is less than a month old you're eligible for a free egg if you want one, message me for details. Feel free to ask should you have any questions." The only thing above this is "I often leave Sylestia open in my tabs while I'm doing something else. It may say I'm online, but that doesn't always mean I'm looking at Sylestia." but that doesn't matter. The evedence I provided tells us 1. Misswoolymouse is a kind player and 2. she is generous to noobs in sylestia. Cottony5 said that her eggs have "awesome traits!" so if you're a noob and want an eggo, ask her!

Fun Threads
Misswoolymouse has some fun threads and art in her profile. some art is

Some link a she has to one of her many games is Name a pet get a pet.

Final Statements
Misswollymouse is a lively sylestia player. One day, I hope I can be like her. I wish you all a happy new year, and a prosperous future! Help others and they may help you!
Edited By Hoooowlers on 1/12/2019 at 10:38 PM.
Ladybugjr
Level 71
Fancy Pants
Posted: 1/12/2019 at 10:40 PM Post #10
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Go to Page:
1, 2
This Page loaded in 0.012 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.