Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Virginia
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 10
Posted: 11/29/2018 at 7:24 PM Post #1
Ello :3

So, I decided to embark on the most confusing yet exciting possible mistake ever :3

I have started a project.

And with my beginning.... there is literally nothing I have except a generated picture of what I would like the outcome to look like..... I'm new at this if you weren't already aware.

Anyway, this forum is for people to give optional guidance and/or assistance if they and I feel it necessary.

Mkay, here's what I would like it to look like;

Female:

Male:

I also have this stable set up with some starters for general traits I would like:

https://www.sylestia.com/stables/

And that is all. I have one egg in my hatchery, that will be the first 2nd generation of this project.

Am I doing this correctly? Am I missing something? Am I going in the opposite direction? I honestly have no idea...

Feel free to ask me extra info if needed so you can help/assist I will give all I know/can.

Thank you for reading this, and for embarking on this (possibly horrible) journey!! :3
Edited By Virginia on 11/29/2018 at 7:26 PM.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 11/29/2018 at 9:45 PM Post #2
For a project, most people start with either themed pets or essences.
Knowing exactly what you want to achieve is good start, it'll help you strategise.

Looking at those puffs, the traits you want are
G1: Tapir
G3: Glow Critter
M2: Floral Crown
M3: Lovely Hearts

This would be a 4v project

Technically speaking you could obtain 4v's with two Enhanced/Mystical essences and a lot of luck in the breeding RNG (each parent with four carries = each trait has 25% chance of being a vis)

The first step is to obtain pets that have the traits that you want, and to understand how Sylesti genetics work.

You've got...
PSL G1 Tapir Glow Critter (male) with Carry Tapiir and Carry Glow Critter
PSL G1 Floral Lovely with (female) Carry Floral Crown and Carry Lovely Hearts
PSL G1 Tapir and GC (male) with Vis Tapir and Vis Glow Critter
PSL G1 Floral Crown (female) with Vis Floral Crown and Feathered Wings
aand
Fire Boy (male) with Vis Totemic Runes and Lovely Hearts

I notice that the girls have the muts and the boys have the genes (discounting Fire Boy), but PSL G1 Floral Crown has Feathered Wings that would need to be bred out (as they're more dominant than Lovely Hearts, same with Fire Boy's totemic runes) and heavens knows what Carries she has (G1's either Fancy Swirls or Tiger or Spots or Spotted Skunk, but it's guesswork on what exactly might be Carried/Hidden in any given slot because neither she nor her father are gene tested, same for her other 'empty' slots.)
It's the same for Fire Boy. PSL G1 Tapir and GC at the least definitely has G2 Carried Lava Flow.

PSL G1 Tapir Glow Critter x PSL G1 Floral Lovely wouldn't really be a good spot to start, as, due to the parents each only having carries and no trait overlap, each trait slot would only have a 25% chance of being a carry (75% chance of NN Nothing in each of the four slots.) It's a pretty small chance of a 4c offspring and a lot of chance for a 0v0c offspring, and a 0% chance of any vis.

Generally you want to overlap traits between genders; you want both pets that you're breeding to have at least one trait in common.

So you might have
P1m = V Tapir, C glow critter, C floral crown
P1f = C tapir, C glow critter, V lovely hearts

P2m = V glow critter, C floral crown, C lovely hearts
P2f = C tapir, V floral crown, C lovely hearts

Which if RNG favoured, could produce
O1 = V tapir, V glow critter, C floral crown, C lovely hearts

O2 = C tapir, C glow critter, V floral crown, V lovely hearts

and then O1 and O2 could breed and, again if RNG were on your side, potentially produce the 4v .

But that's with four parent pets

I'd suggest reading the 6-vis breeding guide, make sure you have someone on hand who can test your pets as egglings/when they hatch, and making sure you understand how sylesti genetics (punnett squares) work.

Not sure how clear we managed to make this, so uh... feel free to ask for clarification.

(also if you want to link to one of your stables, click the "view stables" button in the profile of one of the pets in the tab you want to link to then grab the page url, which would look like this: https://www.sylestia.com/stables/?stable=102331&tab=3 in your puff project's case. And you can use the URL button ( https://www.sylestia.com/stables/?stable=102331&tab=3 ) or the URL= button ( Puff Project Stable ) to make a clickable link with it)
Virginia
Level 75
Spooky Shopper
Threads: 10
Posted: 11/30/2018 at 6:12 AM Post #3
Ok, I think I understand what you're trying to say. I work pretty well with Punnett squares, as I have worked with them for almost two years; so I will try and figure it out.

And thank you for the 6vis guide.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.