Players 2,402 361
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,244,056 1,095
Generated 656,241 59
Captured 1,190,530 56
Bred 6,397,190 980
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Player Guides > Tutorial: Recovering a private message t...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Taptothebeat
Level 71
Candy Dispenser
Threads: 212
Posted: 11/17/2018 at 3:58 PM Post #1
Update: My old post had the images expire and is now locked, so the tutorial updated with working images below:

- - -

I'll be answering my own question just because I think it's useful. And I've seen a lot of people struggle with this. I'll be doing this tutorial in chrome, but would be happy to do it in another browser if needed.

Problem: For whatever reason, an error, or your message became too long, etc. When you preview your message, a popup appears and you can't get out of it, nor view your message due to the grey unclickable background.

No one likes to lose messages that they've spent a lot of time on. Recovering your message is a little bit tricky, but can be well worth it!

INSTRUCTIONS

Step 1: Right click anywhere on the screen and click "Inspect Element"

A scary window full of HTML should appear. That's a good sign!

Step 2: Use the "Find/Search" feature. Command + F on a mac. Use the equivalent for a PC. (Make sure you've clicked somewhere in the scary window full of HTML, so that you are searching within that window.)

Search for "#openmessage"

Step 3: Click the highlighted block that you found and press the delete key. The popover should disappear. You're 3/5 of the way there!

You should have something like this now. Your message with a grey background making it so you can't click on anything.

Step 4: Repeat steps 2 and 3, except search for "#openmessagebg"

Done! You should now be able to scroll through and copy your message and paste it in a safe place (text-edit, google-docs, etc). Do not try to press preview again or send message. Start a new message.

Hope this helped!
Orcastration
Level 73
Fishy
Threads: 316
Posted: 4/30/2019 at 5:00 PM Post #2
THANK YOU SO MUCH!

(Note: Part of this is good when that popup messagebox is just....a white screen. ;P)

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.