Players 2,356 338
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,253,312 621
Generated 656,411 36
Captured 1,190,925 61
Bred 6,405,881 524
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Themed pets?
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Obsidian
Level 60
Threads: 7
Posted: 11/10/2018 at 11:30 AM Post #1
Can someone explain themed pets a bit to me? I know they are released during festivals but where/how to you find them?
I bought a pair but would really like to hatch one of my own. Have a feeling I'm too low to find one though.
Christinewho
Level 75
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 42
Posted: 11/10/2018 at 1:33 PM Post #2
They are just really rare pets that are found in the fest zone...The fest zone you must click on explore than click on Season Festival and then Festival zone...Ps: The enemies are at the level of your higher level pets (The one that has the higher level)...

Also, the fest zone is really a hard place when starting. :) Maybe you should wait for the next festival...But it's your choice..

Also, there is a fest for all seasons. ;) And I heard there is sometimes events too...But I just joined this summer so...Only participated in the summer fest and it was hard...

you can still do it but don't go beating the named your party is just going to die...And but at least 2 pets in your party. Ps: Having a shadow element helps a lot.

Edit:I just saw you already at a shadow element good. Just remembered they aren't that rare...But it just depends on luck. Sometimes you can find eggs. Use the hidden passage for that.
I also can give you the map with spawn and the hidden passages. There is some really well-hidden passage. One I hadn't noticed until now. So yeah. I don't find the map without spawn that useful in my opinion.
Edited By Christinewhogaming on 11/10/2018 at 1:37 PM.
Ladyshannon
Level 68
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 145
Posted: 11/10/2018 at 1:34 PM Post #3
During festivals you can find them by battling your way though the festival zone.. You will also need strong traps for this that you can buy in Sancturay of Saerielle. You can look in the forums in the Item Auction section to find catalysts that people are selling.

For this Fall Festive you can find themes by the ways I said above, but you can also find them by doing the Trick or Treating. You visit other players doors and when they return the favor you get candy or sometimes items. Once you get enough candy (1 of each kind) you can get a handful of candy which is sent to your inventory. Click on it and use it. Most of the time you get brewing items, but sometimes you get catalysts for free..
Edited By Ladyshannon on 11/10/2018 at 1:37 PM.
Christinewho
Level 75
Stocking Stuffer
Threads: 42
Posted: 11/10/2018 at 1:37 PM Post #4
ah, true forgot that. :)
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 11/10/2018 at 2:28 PM Post #5
Themed pets are pets that have a set colour scheme.

You can find Zone Themed (wild themes) in the Festival Zone, and you can make Exclusive themes using Brewing, have a chance to get them from ToT candy handfuls, or win them from the Boards.

When you encounter a wild theme, it will say you encountered a Rare Enemy rather than just an Enemy.
They always appear alone, are always of blue star rarity or higher, and instead of being "Wild [species name]" are "[theme name] [species name]"

If you're industrious about collecting all the item chests/pumpkins that spawn in the zone, there is a chance that certain ones will spawn a Sylesti Nest, which contain a random zone theme eggling.

When caught they have a gold star and purple theme name tag in their genetics section.

if you breed to pets of the same theme, they produce a Purebred theme, which have a blue star and theme name tag.
This is because their set colour scheme makes it so they can breed their colours true when bred with others of their own theme.

There is a list of the themes currently available here (though missing the list of zone themes returning from last year. You can find a list of the 2017 fall zone themes in last year's list here)
Obsidian
Level 60
Posted: 11/10/2018 at 4:15 PM Post #6
Thank you for all the help. I've done some battling in the festival zone but yeah, it is tough. I really can't afford to buy good traps either, most of my money is going to healing my pets. Guess I'll just have to wait for different festivals.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 11/11/2018 at 2:20 PM Post #7
I'd suggest if your pets need healing either swap teams or just take a break- they heal automatically over time.

Also, missions are a good way to get gold if you need it.

Maybe you could try to Zoom through the main plotline to get to Sanctuary of Saerielle to buy your third party slot, if you don't have it yet? Having a light healer in the party is really useful.
Obsidian
Level 60
Posted: 11/11/2018 at 6:42 PM Post #8
I've been trying to do the main plot but I'm stuck on a battle at the tree. I'm guessing its the last battle of that area. My main fighters die very quickly, honestly its really starting to take the fun out of the game.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I suppose I need the third part slot but I'm quite short of $$. Even doing missions I don't make that much. Wish there were mini games to play for gold.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 11/11/2018 at 7:40 PM Post #9
Missions are actually very good for gold, if you have your mission pets set up right (proficiency+gear oriented towards the type of mission), have the mission slots unlocked, and are consistent with sending pets on them (I'd recommend checking out the guide to missions and mission pets in the player guides forum.)
If you use some levelled pets to do the Easy (1hr) missions so they always perform Exceptionally and get you two Mission Satchels each, the payout in gear, healing items, and gold can be very good.

I'd say maybe alter the team setup a bit-
1- Try to update the pet gear from green up to purple or higher as fast as you can. At the very least get all blue. Higher rarity typically beats out level (Our favoured example: a lv55 uncommon equip is actually worse than a lv25 legendary- it's closer in strength to a lv20 legendary equip)

2- Shadow Tanks (Ash should be slot one of the party) want to have gear that emphasizes Int/Agi (Illusionist) as much as possible. HP prof should? be fine, but I don't have much experience with Shadow Tanks.
Swap Luna's epic illusionist bracelet to Ash (Luna's an Air pet and should be pure Myrmidon equipped)

3- Fire pets generally get given Int proficiency, rather than HP, and equipped for Int/Dex (Evoker)

4- when you get a light healer on team, they also want Int prof and Int/Dex (or int/dex+int/agi) gear

5- selling off gear you aren't going to use can be quite profitable. Even lv20 uncommon gear can be sold to the site for over 100g, and if you farm the stuff to sell it can be fairly lucrative.
Edited By Scathreoite on 11/11/2018 at 7:42 PM.
Obsidian
Level 60
Posted: 11/11/2018 at 8:37 PM Post #10
Thank you so very much for the help. I have no idea how battle stats or elements work, guess I should read a guide huh? I redid ash and lunas equipment, hope its helpful. I want to get ash to level 30 before I go back to the main quest line.

I have three mission pets at the moment, bumble, illusion and queen mess. I've give bumble and illusion gear but its really nothing more then what I had left over. I've not attuned any of the mission pets yet, I'll get around to it sometime.

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.