Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Removing Auction bids
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Amirell
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 101
Posted: 10/11/2013 at 2:45 AM Post #1
noob question time! But it's to make sure because its happened a few times now and its not allowed in other games etc Not to mention it can cause issues >.<

Are you allowed to remove a bid on an auction or not? Or is it up to the person who is running the auction? I've allowed it a couple of times but it has caused the issue where the bids get mixed up.

EG
Bidder A asks person to remove their last bid.
You ask Bidder B if they would like to keep their last bid on that item since the bid that outbid them is gone.
Bidder B takes a while to respond, so Bidder C then places a bid on the item that was less than Bidder B's because they didn't realise what the last bid was.
Bidder B says they want to keep their last bid.
Auction ends.

So you see the issue there is who do you award it too. Bidder B has the highest bid but Bidder C didn't know. they may or may not have been able to easily over bid Bidder B and it's unfair to Bidder C to lose it because of not knowing etc. But at the same time Bidder B doesn't deserve to lose it because they were unable to respond quickly to a scenario that doesnt happen very often due to being busy etc.
(The bid was also pulled out rather close to the end so the lack of time to correct things didn't help.

but anyhow XD thats my question
Spooks
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 11
Posted: 10/11/2013 at 5:20 AM Post #2
Im new here so can only say what I think. If you allow the highest bidder to pull out then a new bidder will still be able to look back to what the bid before that was to outbid them. If the new bidder puts a lower bid than someone still bidding then that is their fault really and should not win because there were people with higher bids.
Talyn
Level 67
Trickster
Threads: 181
Posted: 10/11/2013 at 9:38 AM Post #3
I'm fairly certian that the verdict is this: Once you make a bit, it can NOT be retracted. If you make a bid then decide you don't want the item, then you hope that someone out-bids you. That's how it works in real life, and just about everywhere else.
Edibbs
Level 60
The Tender
Threads: 85
Posted: 10/11/2013 at 9:45 AM Post #4
@Amirell, Talyn is right. I'm fairly certain that it is against the rules to retract a bid once its placed... --And it makes no sense that bidder A pulled their bid anyway, if bidder B already bid higher than them... O.o
Edited By 7709 on 10/11/2013 at 9:45 AM.
Amirell
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/11/2013 at 10:58 AM Post #5
Hmmm I think im going to give a call out to krin and fai
Amirell
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/11/2013 at 10:59 AM Post #6
@Krinadon, @Faiona Sorry to bother you guys XD But whats the go with this ?
Ash
Level 70
The Hallowed
Threads: 44
Posted: 10/11/2013 at 12:16 PM Post #7
They are correct. Once a bid has been place it CANNOT be retracted, at all.

However, since that seems to have already happened in this thread I will give you some advice. First of all, let me get the facts straight.

Bidder A's bid was removed after asking the auctioneer, correct? Even though that's not really allowed by the rules, I would say it was valid simply because it was between the bidder and the auctioneer. In this case, I would say the next decision was in bidder B's hands, and whatever decision they made was 100% valid. They had the OPTION to remove their bid, but unless otherwise stated the auction should revert to the last bidder. Therefore, Bidder B is the winner of the auction. If Bidder C had outbid bidder B, then they would have been the winner.

Think of it this way, a bid is a deal between the Bidder and the Auctioneer. In order for a bid to be changed or removed, it would only make sense that it would require the approval of both parties involved.
Edited By 2539 on 10/11/2013 at 12:26 PM.
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 10/11/2013 at 3:20 PM Post #8
If you're bidding on something you should make sure that you have the gold and that you plan on going through with it...

However, I know that sometimes things can happen...the only way that a retracted bid would be allowed if the seller approves of it. If someone abuses this and retracts bids frequently then I don't think something like a forum ban would be unwarranted...because if it happens a lot then I'd start to consider it scamming.

Eventually we will just add in an auctioning system so that you guys don't have to do it through the forums anymore, it should help with problems that come up since it'll be automated.
Amirell
Level 60
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/11/2013 at 9:26 PM Post #9
Thanks guys for clearing that up XD I;'m looking forward to the new auction feature thats for sure

This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.