Forum Index > Find Roleplayers > Snowfell
Page 1 1, 2, 3, 4 Go to Page:
Author Thread Post
Freki
Level 62
Trickster
Threads: 14
Posted: 10/21/2018 at 8:54 AM Post #1
You stare across the icy wasteland that was once the thriving city and Snowfell. At one point, this would have been the main entrance to a city of magic and wonder, but now... now its for you to plunder.

This RP is loosely based off of Frostgrave, an RPG game, but will be focusing more on the RP part, than the game part. You are a humanoid wizard and have specialized in one of six fields, Elementalism, Shapeshifting, Summoning, Thaumaturgy, Necromancy, or Soothsaying.

Brief description of fields:
Elementalism: you can control the elements
Shapeshifting: you can shift your form, or a part of your form into a different thing
Summoning: you can summon creatures and things from other realms
Thaumaturgy: you can heal things
Necromancy: you are skilled in giving lives to dead things
Soothsaying: you have the power to speed up or slow down the present, amongst other things
(For a more in depth analysis, read further down)

Now that you have chosen your field, you must create your character. LGBTQ+ characters are allowed, though please do not feel compelled to create one. There will be NO shaming for creating a LGBTQ+ character, and also no shaming if you decide to create a character who is not LGBTQ+. As the creator I have the right to ban and kick anyone who disobeyed this rule.

Form:

Name:
Field of Magic:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backstory:
Other:

The appearance can be a picture or you can just describe your character. Now, onto a more in-depth analysis of the fields!

Elementalism: as an elementalist you have specialized in one of four types of elementalism; fire, water, earth, or air. One cannot create an element out of nothing, this is why being a fire elementalist is hard, but is equally the most powerful element. Air elementalist almost never have trouble finding their element (because its air...) where water elementalists and earth elementalists have a bit harder time, but are also not usually stopped because they cant find water or earth. Please note, earth elementalists do have a control over plants, but many of them do not specialize in plants, if you would like to specialize in plants, please contact me and give me a reason why your earth elementalist specializes in plants. Fire elementalists will usually carry around a match, flint and steel, or other things that can make fire, seeing as fire is not a very common thing to find when one is wandering around a desolate ice plain. If you have any more questions about elementalism, ping me and I will try to respond, or we can find a compromise.

Shapeshifting: as a shapeshifter you specialize in shifting your body into other materials and/or animals. There are two different kinds of shapeshifters, adaptive shapeshifters, or animal shapeshifters. Adaptive shapeshifters cannot turn their entire body into a different thing, but instead transform a part of their body into a different material. Example - Rex touched the stone next to him and absorbed it onto his hand, coating it in the brittle substance. Now he had a sword like stone blade instead of his hand, end of example. Animal shapeshifters, on the other hand, can turn their entire body into an animal, as the name suggests. Many animal shapeshifters are good at turning their body into one specific animal, if you would like to choose more than one animal, please contact me and well see if we can work out a compromise. If you have any other questions, ping me and I will do my best to answer them.

Summoning: as a summoner you specialize in opening portals and taking things from them. There are two types of summoners, demon summoners, and item summoners. Demon summoners summon demons from different realms. Please note, a demon does not have to look like satan, demons are just the name for creatures that come from a different realm of existence. Although this can be handy, the more powerful the demon, the harder it is to control it, and demon summoners are by far the most likely to get eaten by a demon. Item summoners summon items from THE SAME realm. This means that you can not summon a ray gun from a super advanced society of aliens. Item summoners usually create their own mini realms, where they can store items and food. Because it is a different realm, the same laws of time do not work there, meaning if you put food in it, it would stay unspoiled for much longer than in the real world. Item summoners also put weapons and spell ingredients in their realm, because you never know. The only problem with being a item summoner is if you do not have your summoning ingredients, this would mean you are cut off from all of your supplies and youre basically dead. If you have any further questions about summoners, please ping me about them, and I will try to answer to the best of my abilities.

Thaumaturgy: as a thaumaturge, you specialize in the art of healing. There are two different types of thaumaturges, herbalists, and healers. Herbalists tend to be carrying around a lot of herbs, since their magical abilities only amplify the affects of their herbs and medicines. Herbalists are great at dealing with cuts, bruises, scrapes, and most other outer injuries. Healers are better at healing with magic, though it usually takes them a long time to set the healing circle up. The healing circles are intricate circles drawn with chalk, and are very hard to do during a battle, making healers practically useless on the battlefield. Though healers can heal almost any wound, whether it be a scar, or a stab through the gut, healers cannot do this on the spot, and have to spend immense amounts of time setting things up. If you have any further questions about thaumaturges, please ping me and I will do my best to answer your question.

Necromancy: as a necromancer, you specialize bringing things back from the dead. Unlike with the other classes, necromancy is not split up into different specialties, it is only bringing things back from the dead. Small things, such as mice, or frogs are relatively easy to bring back, but the bigger and more complex you get, say you want to bring back a human, have the most devastating effects if the process goes wrong. Although necromancers are not inherently evil, many become evil as they progress further through the field. Necromancer usually prepare for battles ahead of time, raising the dead before, rather than during the battle. Necromancers can also use bits of bone and such lying around to create certain magical items. If a necromancer would like to attempt this, they should contact me and I will tell them if they did it right or not. If you have any further questions about necromancers, please ping me and I will do my best to answer them.

Soothsaying: as a soothsayer you specialize in the manipulation of time. As such, there are two types of soothsayers, futures and pasts. As a future you have the ability to speed up the process of something. Say you touched the sword of an enemy, you could speed up the process of rusting and make the sword crumble apart. As a past, you have the ability to return something to its original state.say you touched the sword of an enemy, you could return that iron the sword is made out of back into a block of rock, its original state. If you have any further questions about soothsayers, please ping me and I will do my best to epanswer your questions.

Note: please do not create more than two characters and do not create those characters to have the same field of magic.

Once I have accepted you, you will be able to fill out another form, YAY! This form is your money. When filling out this form, please do not create a separate post, but just edit your previous post and tell me.
Anyway, let me explain money. Money is basically the same as in the normal world, but here you get a one time allowance of 500 gold pieces, gold pieces being the currency.
Heres the chart of how much soldiers cost:
War Hound: 10gp
Thug: 20gp
Thief: 20gp
Archer: 50gp
Crossbowman: 50gp
Infantryman: 50gp
Tracker: 80gp
Man-at-Arms: 80gp
Treasure Hunter: 80gp
Knight: 100gp
Templar: 100gp
Ranger: 100gp
Barbarian: 100gp
Apothecary: 100gp
Marksman: 100gp
Apprentice: 200gp

Although it is not required you have an apprentice, it is beneficial because they help you cast spells. For the first time we play, you will not need food, but for the next ones you will, so it might be handy if you saved a little bit of your money just in case you dont earn any when adventuring in Snowfell.
Some soldiers have advantages and disadvantages when it comes to certain fighting, if you would like to know more, please ping me.
Heres the list of the items a soldier has:
War hound: animal, cannot carry weapons
Thug: hand weapon
Thief: dagger
Archer: bow, dagger, leather armor
Crossbowman: crossbow, dagger, leather armor
Infantryman: two-handed weapon, leather armor
Tracker: staff, bow, leather armour
Man-at-Arms: hand weapon, shield, leather armor
Treasure hunter: hand weapon, dagger, leather armor
Knight: hand weapon, shield, mail armor
Templar: two-handed weapon, mail armour
Ranger: bow, hand weapon, leather armor
Barbarian: two-handed weapon
Apothecary: healing potion
Marksman: crossbow, hand weapon, mail armor
Apprentice: dagger

The form for money is here:

Soldiers:
How much money is left:

As the creator, I have the right to ban, kick, or not allow anyone. Im not saying this is going to likely happen, but just in case.

If you have read these things, put Nyehehe at the end of your form.
Edited By Freki on 10/21/2018 at 11:12 AM.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 324
Posted: 10/21/2018 at 9:05 AM Post #2
What is the difference between an archer and a ranger in this game?
Freki
Level 62
Trickster
Posted: 10/21/2018 at 9:22 AM Post #3
A ranger has a two hand weapon instead of a dagger, two hand weapons are basically the most powerful weapon and daggers are the least powerful. Thats why rangers cost more than archers.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/21/2018 at 11:00 AM Post #4
Makes so much sense now thanks! And what exactly do you mean by humanoid?
Freki
Level 62
Trickster
Posted: 10/21/2018 at 11:04 AM Post #5
Basically anything that has the basic body structure of a human, orc, gnome, elf, dwarf. Nothing with four paws or additional features like wings or things like that. Tails are allowed, and so are ears and the stuff that make a furry, but I wouldnt recommend it, cause howre you supposed to explain that in your backstory?
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/21/2018 at 11:39 AM Post #6
Name: Dorian Harsen
Race: human (noble born)
Sexuality: homosexual
Field of Magic: Necromancer
Appearance:

Personality: To be honest he's your typical noble, he can be a bit of a jerk most of the time. Dorian has no problems telling you if something isn't to his standards. He tends to like the fancier things in life, he will not settle for second best. He can be very blunt when he wants to be and isn't afraid to give his options. He tends to keep his feelings at bay and tries to only use humor to get on people's nerves.
Backstory: That's a bit of a stretch. Not many know where he came from, he just showed up on day without a story. He gives vague answers when asked as well. For what everyone knows he's a noble, though no one knows from where. He's a trained mage under some important mage yet he doesn't ever use a name. There is little known about him.
Other:

Money Form:
Soldiers-
1 archer: Dexion, male, elven
1 thief
1 knight
4 infantry

Money Left: 120 gold pieces
-----------

Name: Dexion Silverleaf
Race: elven (Dalish (nomadic clan) born)
Sexuality: homosexual
Archer
Appearance:
He's an elf, meaning he's tall and thin in an elegant way. His hair is a silver color, and normally pulled back into a small ponytail with a braid going from the side back to the ponytail. His eyes are a stunning amber color nearly being a like the color of a cat eyes (yellowish). With the past war though he was branded with a branching tree tattoo upon his face (going up the bridge of his nose with the trunk with the bare branches covering his forehead). This is silver in color as well as being a sign of the slavery his people still face. He also has a faint scar on the left side of his mouth that crossing his lips.
https://i.imgur.com/9Sb6qaM.jpg (the actual character I made form a game. Please excuse how horrible the photo looks.)
Other: He's got a crush on Dorian....
Edited By Hawkeye on 10/21/2018 at 4:07 PM.
Freki
Level 62
Trickster
Posted: 10/21/2018 at 11:43 AM Post #7
Accepted! Fill out the money form and youre good! Nyehehe indeed.
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/21/2018 at 12:15 PM Post #8
Done! And picture added! Would you be against me adding forms for his followers?
Freki
Level 62
Trickster
Posted: 10/21/2018 at 12:15 PM Post #9
No, its fine if you add forms, just dont get too attached to them, theyre probably going to be the first to die in battle :P
Hawke
Level 73
The Kind-Hearted
Posted: 10/21/2018 at 12:23 PM Post #10
In that case I added some more cannon fodder.
Go to Page:
1, 2, 3, 4
This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.