Forum Index > Mission and Quest Discussion > Carrying out Missions
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Ekoyim
Level 60
Threads: 12
Posted: 1/23/2013 at 8:37 PM Post #1
Hey,

I have a question about how missions are completed. Is it a pure stat-based thing or is there some degree of luck involved?

For example, I sent my pet with 813 dex on the level 50 dex mission and he only completed the quest with a satisfactory and received one satchel. I sent my pet with 774 on the level 50 str mission and he finished it exceptionally and got 2 satchels. This makes me wonder if there's a degree of luck involved in doing these missions or if there's a different mission stat number a pet has to reach to do well on a quest that varies from stat to stat?

Thanks for reading!
Faiona
Level 75
Nature Walker
Site Administrator
Threads: 472
Posted: 1/23/2013 at 8:47 PM Post #2
There is a random factor to it that decreases the better your pet is stat wise.
EraNime
Level 69
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 104
Posted: 2/9/2013 at 10:57 AM Post #3
Is there any chance the time you have to send your pet away on bigger missions can be reduced? To have to lose your pet for 6 to 12 hours while having the skill that is wanted from it (like health) only for it to come back with failed is really sour.

6 to 12 hours is a long wait if your playing a lot. And if you make sure your pet has what is asked for ( they ask health so you make your pet have more health than any of the other options like agility) it should not be possible for them to come back failed. Playing by the rules, waiting patiently for 6 hours and then nothing.
That does not make for any more fun. Especialy because missions are the only proper way to make some gold for me at the moment.

I think if you give missions the rate is which they can fail or succeed should only depend on the status of the pet and not on luck.

If it will stay depended on luck then you should reduce the time so that you didnt have to lose your pets for 6 or 12 hours for nothing.

Consider it?

Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 2/9/2013 at 11:03 AM Post #4
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 4/28/2024 at 9:32:41pm

Is there any chance the time you have to send your pet away on bigger missions can be reduced? To have to lose your pet for 6 to 12 hours while having the skill that is wanted from it (like health) only for it to come back with failed is really sour.

6 to 12 hours is a long wait if your playing a lot. And if you make sure your pet has what is asked for ( they ask health so you make your pet have more health than any of the other options like agility) it should not be possible for them to come back failed. Playing by the rules, waiting patiently for 6 hours and then nothing.
That does not make for any more fun. Especialy because missions are the only proper way to make some gold for me at the moment.

I think if you give missions the rate is which they can fail or succeed should only depend on the status of the pet and not on luck.

If it will stay depended on luck then you should reduce the time so that you didnt have to lose your pets for 6 or 12 hours for nothing.

Consider it?

@Amberanime,

The difficulty is very important when determining which pet to send on a mission. Just having a pet with Health as its main stat doesn't mean it's guaranteed to succeed on all Health missions.

For the 12 hour missions (Orange), your pet should have its focus on the stat and it should have at least Legendary quality equipment. For the 6 hour mission (Purple), the same emphasis with at least Epic quality equipment.

The rewards for the missions justify the time spent. Your pet will most likely earn multiple levels. You'll earn lots of reputation and Gold. And you'll get one (or two) high quality mission satchels with potentially very nice rewards.

However, we do plan on overhauling the Mission system in the near future. But we do not plan on adjusting the time required for missions.

If you haven't already, you should level up some Mission pets that are your primary mission senders. That way, you can continue exploring with your main exploration pets while sending pets on missions.
Edited By 1 on 2/9/2013 at 11:04 AM.
Kaosu
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 37
Posted: 2/9/2013 at 11:10 AM Post #5
Could we perhaps get a percentage thing saying how likely the pet is to succeed added to the missions then? Like if I am thinking of sending pet A into a mission with health as its main need, could it tell me "Pet A has a <number>% chance of failure/success" so that we can plan our mission sending better?
Krinadon
Level 75
Shadow of the Moon
Site Administrator
Threads: 1,119
Posted: 2/9/2013 at 11:15 AM Post #6
Quote From:
Originally Posted: 4/28/2024 at 9:32:41pm

Could we perhaps get a percentage thing saying how likely the pet is to succeed added to the missions then? Like if I am thinking of sending pet A into a mission with health as its main need, could it tell me "Pet A has a <number>% chance of failure/success" so that we can plan our mission sending better?

@Kaosu,

We typically try to leave the number crunching to the player base to figure out. We feel that's part of the gaming experience; figuring out what works and what doesn't.

That's why our answers related to specific percentages and numbers are usually very vague.
Kaosu
Level 72
Trickster
Threads: 37
Posted: 2/9/2013 at 11:17 AM Post #7
Challenge Accepted :3

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.