Forum Index > Dungeon and Zone Discussion > help with dungeon of the forsken
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Nick004
Level 67
Warden of Umbra
Threads: 6
Posted: 7/26/2018 at 1:16 PM Post #1
I've been having a very hard time beating Vierna in the dungeon of the forsaken. I can get past the phase where she has the undead horde with her easily enough, but when Vierna's Shade comes, I am already so low on health that i get killed fairly quickly. Id appreciate any advice on how to kill her.
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 7/27/2018 at 12:33 AM Post #2
First thing to know is that having pets with high base stats makes it infinitely easier.

Second make sure you ignore her undead 'allies' completely (make sure you're not using a fire pet)
Vierna's second stage gets stronger for every one of the undead allies that gets KO'd.

Third, have a good supply of healing items on hand.

Fourth, she has a pattern to when she does her Mana Drain on your pets to heal herself (every... five turns? or something. I was never very good at remembering it) so make sure you have either used all your Mana or just don't have much via use of Finishers when it happens.

Fifth, pets over level 60 have an easier time of it.

We used to struggle immensely with her, our battles surpassing 100 moves often, and using a ridiculous number of healing items.
Then we went in with Max Stats for the first time and steamrolled her, it was wild.

We can't help with pet setups because we don't know what team you use to fight her.
Edited By Scathreoite on 7/27/2018 at 12:34 AM.
Nick004
Level 67
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 7/27/2018 at 1:15 AM Post #3
Thank you for the advice (: my party is the first three pets in my stables, ordered defense, support, and offense. Also one of them is a fabled pet with much higher base stats
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 7/27/2018 at 1:50 AM Post #4
Name: Contempt
Level: 60
Element: Shadow
Prof.: 2HP/1Agi
Relic: Exotic Pyro
Armor: Exotic Pyro
Acc.: Exotic Pyro
Acc.: Assassin, rare, lv60

Shadow Tanks should probably have Reaver (Agi/Int) equips (especially replace the Assassin equip, that's Phys Tank gear) for the +Agi, rather than the Pyro's +Dex. 2HP/1Agi should be fine?

Name: Un-named
Level: 60
Element: Light
Prof.: 2HP/1Agi
Relic: Exotic Reaver
Armor: Exotic Tidal
Acc.: Exotic Reaver
Acc.: Exotic Reaver

You know, just swap these Reavers onto Contempt, except the Tidal (that's also a Phys Tank equip, being Str/Agi), and her Pyros (Int/Dex) onto this girl.
Light Healers want 3Int and Int/Dex or Int/Dex+Int/Agi gear, generally.

Name: Un-named
Level:60
Element: Air
Prof.: 2Str/1Dex
Relic: Exotic Tidal
Armor: Exotic Reaver
Acc.: Exotic Tidal
Acc.: Exotic Pyro

Swap the Reaver equip to Contempt, the Pyro equip to the Griffi, and get rid of the Tidals (again, an equip for Phys Tanks).
Profs are fine, but this boy wants Stormcaller equips (Myrmidon failing that)- Air pets are all about Strength and Dex.

It would definitely be an easier win if your team had higher base stats (like, 50+), or higher level, but you can beat her with lower statted teams (it's just more logical to use a good high-stat team to take her out faster due to how often she just drops junk instead of actual useful/good stuff.)
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 48
Posted: 7/27/2018 at 2:15 AM Post #5
Hi Nick!

Since your team is already high level (62), you shouldn't need too many tweaks to finally beat vierna.

As well as the tips above, setting up the right equipment will make things easier. Just search the name of the equipment in the trade broker and go from there!

Shadow: Reaver gear is best for shadow pets like contempt.
Air: Storm Caller's gear is best.
Light: I like to use pyromancer's gear and find it much better for light. But the game recommends lightbringers gear. Either works.

Mixing other types (like the pyromancer bracer on your air pet), wastes the equipment because it is designed for a different kind of pet. Magical gear will do very little for physical pets, and vice versa...

Luckily, in the trade broker, you should be able to find these pretty cheap (at least blue)! You might also be able to find purple versions of all these, but they can sometimes get expensive (sometimes not though, so its worth looking). The prices of purple LG gear fluctuate a lot, but if you can get them, they are very good!

Edit:
Had a comp freeze, so by the time this sent, Scath replied with much greater detail, Lol.
Edited By Malikas on 7/27/2018 at 2:19 AM.
Nick004
Level 67
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 7/27/2018 at 1:45 PM Post #6
Thank you both (:
Nick004
Level 67
Warden of Umbra
Posted: 7/27/2018 at 5:11 PM Post #7
I did what you guys said and I beat her this time only using 3 resurrection elixirs. Thankyou! (:
Malikas
Level 70
The Kind-Hearted
Threads: 48
Posted: 7/27/2018 at 9:53 PM Post #8
That's great! Congrats! :D
MistressNyx
Level 75
Trickster
Threads: 121
Posted: 8/1/2018 at 2:41 PM Post #9
I'm having the same problem... should I switch my fire attacker to air?
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 8/1/2018 at 5:02 PM Post #10
If you're trying to take our Vierna? Yes. Fireball will help her knock the undead out faster, which is the last thing you want.
It can make the difference between her having a few hundred in a stat and her having over a thousand in a stat.

This Page loaded in 0.010 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.