Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Battles too hard
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Hotbread100
Level 37
Threads: 4
Posted: 7/4/2018 at 12:24 AM Post #1
im at the umbra forest and the battles are too difficult to get through specially when i flee them all but still get dragged into a fight with 3 strong sylesties and my pets keep loosing and i cannot gain enough coins to buy the third party slot what should i do?
Minikin
Level 70
Trickster
Threads: 95
Posted: 7/4/2018 at 12:34 AM Post #2
You could go back and explore in Viridian Meadows for a little while and level your team up more, then try again
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Threads: 83
Posted: 7/4/2018 at 12:42 AM Post #3
Do missions from Esior's Haven and Sanctuary of Saerielle with Mission pets
(> Equip + put prof points to the type of mission you're sending that pet on.
At the moment, of the four pets you have on missions, only one of them doesn't have their prof in HP (which is what you'd want on pets that you're sending on HP missions, not other missions), and none of them have equips, which will make missions more difficult for them.
eg. Amalthea is a level 7 light pet with Int prof, so you'd give him Evoker, Illusionist, and Arcanist equips and send him on lv0/Easy Esior's Haven Int missions)

Do battles in lower areas and sell the uncommon/rare equips for gold.

If your pets get KO'd just take themout of the party and let them heal over time.

Not sure if Earth/Light is that good of a two-pet team, as it has no real attacker?
You want a Tank that can heal itself (Shadow, Earth, maybe Light, but Light tanks can be tricky to work with- you CAN do Water, but they can't heal until they get their lv30 move), and a pet as attacker (Usually Fire or Air, pre-third party slot, you might run Shadow as an attacker?)

Replace all Uncommon gear as fast as you can with higher rarity stuff.
Edited By Scathreoite on 7/4/2018 at 12:46 AM.
Hotbread100
Level 37
Posted: 7/4/2018 at 1:05 AM Post #4
ah thx i'll try but i did start just yesterday lol
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 7/4/2018 at 1:09 AM Post #5
just a matter of learning, and there's always time to do more of that.

The battle system, with the elements, proficiencies, and equips can be a bit tricky to come to understand
Hotbread100
Level 37
Posted: 7/4/2018 at 1:17 AM Post #6
welp i just did a hardcore compare of all my items and sold the weakest stuff earning me almost 2,000 gold
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 7/4/2018 at 2:19 AM Post #7
if you equip and stat mission pets, and send them on missions that they're far overqualified for stat-wise, you can net double the reward per mission, which is really useful (2x gold, exp, mission satchels.)
Hotbread100
Level 37
Posted: 7/4/2018 at 3:31 AM Post #8
ohhh how do i know if they are over qualified? does it say or anything? i still dont know what types and skills are good for which missions
Scathreoite
Level 75
Hand of Destiny
Posted: 7/4/2018 at 5:42 AM Post #9
I love accidentally clicking off of the post page and erasing twenty minutes of typing *facepalm time*

Missions have four possible outcomes- Fail (Red text, no reward), Poor (Orange text, half the base reward, no mission satchel), Satisfactory (Black text, base reward, one mission satchel), and Exceptional (Green text, double base rewards, two mission satchels)

There aren't 'hard lines', per se, in the calculations the programs run in determining how you do, there is some RNG involved, grey area- but a pet that consistently is getting satisfactory in a certain type of mission isn't going to fail it- it could swing into occasional poors or exceptionals depending on the pet's stat and the mission at hand, though. A pet that consistently gets exceptionals might get a satisfactory.

With missions it comes down to 1. the level/difficulty of the mission, 2. the reccomended stat of the mission, 3. the correlating stat of the pet you're sending on the mission.
(And sometimes your brain shorts out and you accidentally send completely the wrong pet on a mission and don't realise until they've failed it)

Maybe the stat expectations are based around "pets of x level should have y stat boosted by z prof" [in which x level is the mission suggested level, y is the base stat + level bonus at that level, and z correlates to the possible prof boost to that stat at that level] (equips come into it somewhere)?
So lv10 missions calculate based on the expected stat of a lv10 pet, so if you have a lv10 with a dex prof point and no equips it would, I expect, get 'satisfactory', swinging to 'poor', but with full dex-oriented equips maybe swing satisfactory-exceptional? (It's all a rambly speculation from us at this point)

Some examples from our pets- our current Agi Esior Very Hard (lv25) mission pet has 413 Agi and is highly likely to get Exceptional though might occasionally get a really bad unseen RNG roll that causes her to get just satisfactory (she's lv61, but is wild-caught, only has one prof point in Agi, and none of her equips are Agi oriented)
Our Saerielle Very Hard (lv50) dex pet has 791 dex (lv66, two dex prof, most but not all equips boosting dex) and also very occasionally gets the bad RNG roll that drops her to just satisfactory, but generally gets exceptional.
(Neither of these pets are our actual mission pets- they're actually battle pets that we're jsut sending on the missions to boost their exp, hence why their equips and profs don't match like we're suggesting you should do)

I can't really say much about the kinds of stats needed for lower level missions (I... never do them. I'm all Very Hard missions all the time), but assume that as long as you pay mind to the level (the pet should be at least the suggested level), put all their prof points as you get them into the stat of the type of mission you're going to send them on, and equip accordingly, you should do fine.
Edited By Scathreoite on 7/4/2018 at 5:43 AM.
Hotbread100
Level 37
Posted: 7/4/2018 at 2:48 PM Post #10
ohhh ok thanks i'll try it out!

This Page loaded in 0.011 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.