Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Q&A (Newbie Friendly) > Where would I put a currency exchange th...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Jdavidc
Level 70
Vanquisher of Undead
Threads: 43
Posted: 4/20/2018 at 7:42 PM Post #1
I want to create a thread about exchanging gold for diamonds on currency exchanges, but I only see forums set up for pets, items.

I'm also struggling to find the true value of diamonds, especially as the Trends button on currency exchange has been disabled for some reason. I've had people say 2k gold per diamond is a really low amount of gold per diamond, and that (iirc) it can go up to 2.5k. Ignoring the completely ridiculous prices, I've seen gold up for sale at as low as 1k per diamond, and I'm wondering why that is. Sometimes I've seen quite a few sales at 1.5k per diamond.

Personally, I've had some success with selling diamonds at 1.8k gold per diamond. I don't mind waiting for the gold to sell because I like to get my diamonds when the demand for them is low, and to save my own diamonds for when I'd really need them (during sales when I get the best value for diamonds). I'm assuming there's a festival or something in May that may have another sale?

Finally, I've been hoarding a lot of items (equipment, avatar held items, experience orbs), and I wonder if there would be people interested in buying those from me.

EDIT - Oh dear, I've made a big mistake with my post. I meant to say I had some success with selling *gold* at a rate of 1800 gold per diamond.
Edited By Jdavidc on 4/21/2018 at 7:20 PM.
Imorphemi
Level 75
High Warlord
Threads: 153
Posted: 4/21/2018 at 6:43 PM Post #2
Usually 100 diamonds = 250k gold. and i think a thread for that would be items
Sakina
Level 75
Snow Wars Champion
Threads: 51
Posted: 4/21/2018 at 7:14 PM Post #3
It's me again!

Diamond sales falls under item auctions.

I'm not sure if that "view trends" button has ever worked to be honest. I've never used it at least.

That is because the "gold sales" part of the currency exchange is rarely used by players. I heard a player a long time ago say that they used it as a bank of sorts... a way to hide money away so that they won't spend it. The common way to sell diamonds is to simply set the diamonds themselves up for sale. The forums are sometimes used and the region chat and global chat have been used as well. There's no real reason for the gold sales to be out of use by players but that's simply the way the cards have fallen. Because it's not used, more knowledgeable players avoid it and sell elsewhere. Because the bigger players sell elsewhere, prices are not accurate for the current market. And because the prices aren't accurate nobody uses it. Catch-22 I guess.

And really... why would you "buy gold" with diamonds at a value of 1.5k per diamond when you can "sell diamonds" at a value of 2.5k per diamond? You can get more for your diamonds by "selling them" than by "buying gold" with them.

Of course you've had success selling diamonds at 1.8k. That's a low price and many players would jump at the chance to buy that cheap. In fact... let me know if you have some for sale at that price. ;)

And if you have any avatar items that I don't already have then I'll gladly buy them from you. PM me?
Wonderfulwander
Level 75
The Dreamer
Threads: 110
Posted: 4/26/2018 at 3:01 AM Post #4
I would personally think a thread about gold/diamonds would fit more in the item forum than anywhere else, though I don't see the point of creating one, since people have to go to the currency exchange to buy anyway, and if there is a better deal they prefer there, they'll just go with that instead.

If you want to gauge interests in the items you have, definitely the item forum.

As for the "true value" of diamonds, there is no such thing, as it is a demand/supply. When there are festivals that have items exclusively obtained by diamonds, diamond becomes more valuable. When there are diamond sales or gold auctions, gold becomes more valuable. So it all depends on the season.

I have personally bought and sold diamonds at below and above the "average" of 2k-2.5k gold per diamond. And it all depends on what you're looking for .

If you're looking to sell diamonds to earn gold, you'll definitely want to charge more gold per diamond. Whereas if you have a lot of gold, and want diamonds, you'll want to get as much diamonds you can get, so you'll offer to give less gold per diamond. And then it depends whether there's anyone one on the other side, who will think your deal is good enough, or they would rather set up their own that favours themselves.

So supply/demand, somewhat like how stock markets work. If your offer is too far off the median, ppl will be unlikely to take it up, unless they are really desperate and don't want to wait for someone else to accept their deal instead.
Edited By Wonderfulb2uty on 4/26/2018 at 3:02 AM.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.