Players 2,440 389
Sylestia Pet Data
Category Total Yesterday
Pets 8,234,189 1,275
Generated 655,955 49
Captured 1,189,822 102
Bred 6,388,320 1,124
Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > Other Fiction > Story time With Kelpie; A rather Odd Fae...
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Seakelpie
Level 58
Threads: 4
Posted: 4/20/2018 at 2:00 AM Post #1
GATHER AROUND, Get your warming Tea, and get comfortable.
Allow me to pull your heart strings, woe your mind, and ensnare your hearts.

Suggestive Music for reading the content; link

This will be quite a ride. I have a LONG story to tell, and most certainly wouldn't be finished quite yet.
So take your time, Enjoy the story. and Stay tuned once you have caught up.
I have not fully written the whole story YET, But alas, I am inspired to continue, and Continue I must like so many greats before me. But enough chit chatter, lets delve deep into the world which you are about to get to know.

My names Ino Niten, When I started this journey I was mearly thirteen. Coming into powers of what I was secretly, Proud of my accomplishment of finally coming to find my path; of faeries and Ice. That's right, I am a faerie. Born into a household of them in modern day. Other girls would love it but it only was a big question. What IS a faerie? What can we do? are there any others like us? Why do all my sisters and I have different powers? The internet only had garble about us being small and glitter all over us which is far from the truth, the only truth is the basic wings and magical powers. The only other people who I could of asked are my parents which died when I was three. My sister says her boyfriends father killed them, But my mother was a faerie, and my father took fencing and kung fu classes. (he was kind of a nerd for Asian flicks) How in the world can someone kill both so easy? She wont go into details for any of us, and she only told us to embrace something we must hide. I couldn't accept that. and even for that age- I knew what was necessary to do to find such answers. Whether it was right or wrong of a decision can be up for debate. But regardless of technicalities it was a choice that changed my life completely.

This is my story...

It was a Late August afternoon when I was watching the sunset over the purple hazed clouds. all of the worries and questions floating away as the breeze passed by with my hair floating above my face as I laid down on the warmed grass from the earlier sun. I often ventured to this secluded spot where the world couldn't touch me, my worries all seemed far away from me as I watched the day turn into night. it was peaceful until I heard twigs snapping and footsteps approaching me, I sighed softly as I peeled my eyes off the serene world to the reality of it, facing my companion with a lazed look as locks of hair floated about from the wind "Come on, you can't watch every sunset. Kahvi wants you to have a hot meal for once." April said, whom is my closest friend blonde short hair but still managed to pull it into pig tails, eyes that have a light glossy blue with a faint purple tint to them, she wore mismatched clothes often, her typical outfit having a skirt with striped socks the opposite color. with another random colored top She also is a faerie as well, strangely though her parents are not. I slowly got up and stretched letting a strong gust of wind gently pull me forward, watching the very rare few leafs glide and bounce around in the sky. "Did someone say food?!" Haily, my arctic wolf lazily looked up from her nap, scooting her body close to mine. close enough to nip and tug at my light jacket I wore. Taking the hint we started walking toward my home, leaving the secluded lake. taking one of the entrances me and April cut and kept hidden so we could come and go as we please and took much time off the walk back home. Not to many people ever go to the lake to begin with, but still. Whats ours is ours. "Okay your being awkwardly quiet. What the heck is up?" April snapped, giving me that tilted look with a raised brow as we waited for the light to change, I looked up now. seeing how close we are getting to my house, from a distance my roof top was just peeking out. I looked at the sky turning from the orange purple sky start to turn into a darkening teal, "I want to search my attic again." April sighed, shaking her head in disapproval as we crossed the street, proceeding to our destination. "Kahvi doesn't want you going up there, yet you have countless of times Ino. What do you find each time? Nothing but dust." It might have sounded harsh, but April has never held back. I smiled at her "But I feel it, there's more than dust. I vaguely remember April, the photos of people I didn't know being held in my mothers arms. How do photos just disappear?" She sighed, "You were just three. Even so, if this memory was real, and they were your sister probably threw them out. its been years. And if she didn't threw them out you have a household of faeries who went through the holy cow how do I control this stage." I sighed. She had a point. but as we reached the street my house is on, I knew. every time I approach this street, you felt the essence of us other worldly beings being here. People pass it off as a superstitious feeling, but I know. its the same acknowledgement that there is still something in this house that leads to the questions I long for and ask myself over and over. April stopped at the front steps to our house smiled giving me a hug "use your head, because using your heart to much will lead you blind." with that she headed home. though as I entered the entrance of my home, I smelt the sauce for the pasta in the air, the house also typically smelled of pumpkin spice or cinnamon. and always the house was filled with people. Being one of four kids, and on top of that having a adopted niece and nephew, pets for each person, and friends for each sister or my oldest sisters boyfriends. My younger sister Yuni shouting that I am home. and Haily running her way to the kitchen, tail wagging everywhere and her tongue out excited for food though Kahvi having her no non sense behavior that night had Haily wait in the living room before she did something clumsy.. Again. I sat down at the kitchen table, squeezing in since tonight was the day of the month we normally had everyone we can have over. Music and people talking as the air conditioner desperately trying to keep the room cool, but with the oven going it wasn't doing much. I grabbed some of the food previously made and sweet ice tea I made before I left the house. eating up I got a few greetings from people and I would nod and smile between eating. and quietly retreat up to my room after some time. eventually my niece was soon to fallow, Aimi. She was my age and before you get wide eyed, My oldest sister is twenty one, and she Adopted Aimi with her boyfriend Rayek. "Hi Ino!" She smiled which glowed almost. her hair was dyed pink, but it seemed to last, and looked like a long fine threads of silk, shimmering as she did almost about anything. While mine was naturally brown, but over time it grew lighter, and eventually became a silver color. shiny but not feather light like hers. mine had a glossy shine almost and smooth when you touch it. I smiled at her "Hey Aimi, How was training with Satoshi today?" Satoshi was a friend of Rayek's though Satoshi intimidated me, he taught fencing classes to Aimi and Yuni. "Really fun! He thinks I have more patience then Yuni, and that I have a lot of potential. But I saw Yuni get a bit frustrated and upset.." She chimed down, She was a sweet girl, and never wished harm or bad upon anyone. "aww well She just needs some time. She's younger, but she has the heart for it. She will catch up as soon as she takes her time and he takes his time with her. All roads may lead to Rome Aimi, but Rome also wasn't built in one day." I smiled, and she smiled at me. "Hey Aimi, What are you doing tomorrow?" I wasn't exactly interested in what she was doing, as I was still stubborn enough to go back up into the attic "I won't be home. I am training with Satoshi, going out shopping with Mom and getting my list of school supplies since we got the letter for me today. then coming home" I smiled, and that means three birds will be gone. Even if Kaki is home, I can go and search the attic, she never minds that I do. I smiled and looked at Haily who squeezed herself through the door, and plopped on my bed, a bit of sauce staining her under lip on her white fur. Me and Aimi giggling as she looked at us both "What?" She said, several times surprised and unknowing. I got a tissue and wiped off the sauce and we got into a cuddling position and started drifting off. The next day I waited till Aimi and the other few left. Kaki was getting ready for her job and after the car pulled off I went up into the attic, pulling the pull string as the folding stairs descended in front of me. I carefully climbed up and Haily sat at the bottom of them whimpering quietly and sitting there waiting and looking up. I looked around the dust flying and the golden light beaming in the room. I sighed. I must have checked each and every box about twenty times already, all it that was left here was our seasonal stuff. I got a bit mad, Mad at the probability she threw out our history, our parents photos, anything that made us who we were. I My humanoid stature faded, almost like melted away as my skin began to have a faint glow, faint speckled sparkles danced around me as my back also melted, revealing my wing.s. I sighed. I still didn't have control with my powers when I have built up emotions. and knew what was about to happen but I couldn't learn to stop it, boxes began to rise and fly across the room. you could hear things shatter inside the boxes till finally the wall divider had a heavy box smash into it and break it. I was flinching and after everything stopped. I coughed a little, slowly lowering my arms and opening my eyes as I saw the wall broken. at first I was dreadful that I was going to get grounded. Then curiosity. that side of the roof was boarded up without a door. I heard Kaki's foot steps start thundering from below "Ino!?!" "Kaki, Kaki calm down I am fine, just a few decorations for Christmas broke. I'm cleaning it up" I could hear the sigh at the end of the stairs, and I walked and stood at the entrance "Kahvi is going to be mad. What happened?" I had to think. Quick. "I lost control over my emotions, I was... I was mad that Kahvi took a picture of me in the tub when I was younger." I looked at her, with my shy look, and Kaki shook her head. smiling. "She did that to me too. I burned it." she snapped her fingers and lit a flame at the tip. "remember if you want that burned you can come to me later. Just clean everything the best you can" "alright sis, have a good day at work, ill be sure to return the favor!" I smiled and turned away hearing her finish up and leave for work. I did clean up while she was getting ready and that took no time at all. Finally I went over to the hole, and ripped it open more. Then I grabbed a flash light and called Haily up "That. Will make you house arrested." I looked at her and shook my head "could you hold this with your mouth and aim it inside? She opened her jaw and mumbled as I placed the flash light in it, she aimed it inside and there were clothes, and about three boxes that I pulled out. and opened. the first had a Photo book. It had mom and dads wedding photos inside, pictures of each of us when we were born, in our moms arms, or dads, actual family photos. I took the one from me and mom and dad together, and the one with all our siblings together with our parents, that's when a slip of paper came out also. I didn't read it yet but I knew I had to leave everything else behind. I put everything back where it was, and the hole was hidden behind a drape and boxes that were never really used. I closed the room up and went back down. For most of the day I snuck a few glances at the photo of everyone. smiling seeing how beautiful my mother was. and I kept feeling the folded paper in my jacket. but I wanted to open it at the right time, however today it was a sky full of dark clouds. The storm was coming and all my siblings were home. I finally caught a moment alone as i slipped out to the porch and sat on the sitting swing. I opened the paper, reading the small strange message. "kribel te ai " to plain eyes, but they had a weird glimmer to them... Just like when my faerie side shows.. I had the idea then. To see what it meant until I learn how to read the words. I shifted again, quickly trying to read the words before anyone could see. the words on the paper glittered into sight, as I saw what the message had hidden. "Come to me" I said aloud. and as I switched back, the older words had started to.. grow longer, into lines, until the entire page had been covered in now what seemed like a... A map.

Continue reading on the next post

Seakelpie
Level 58
Threads: 4
Posted: 4/20/2018 at 2:01 AM Post #2

Continued..

Late at night The storm rumbled with the soft sound of rain pouring down. a few drops rapping upon my window., I opened up the map, which seemed now permanent and unchanging. I sighed softly unsettled in sleeping. Restless since I read it. But this means finding my answers. but also leads to more questions. Who wrote this. Why is it.. magical? Why did Kahvi Hide everything? I got out of bed. and went by every bedroom. I looked hard at everyone's face. till I rounded the next hallway that lead to the guest rooms, and the attic. I quietly pulled the string, and brought down the stairs. ascending up and rearranging again to go into the other room. grabbing the flashlight where Haily left it I looked around in the other box. Mothers and fathers love letters. I carefully read fathers, his hand writing was masculine, well written and solid. My mothers was fluid, cursive letters and she wrote to him in a poetic rich way. each word had more meaning to it, each can be taken several ways but each in such a loving manner, and very light. She wrote in such a otherworldly fashion. everything she had was designed with such meticulous design and tedious attention that any manufacture or fashion designer wouldn't dare to attempt. I held up her wedding dress. Real purls weaved into the white dress. A silk like material with a pasteled rainbow tint. soft shines and long flowing sleeves with a soft like tulle and organza hanging from it with crystals beaded and lace. It was otherworldly, the train flowed like the sea with all the same materials. I was to small to wear such a gown. I wondered why Kahvi didn't keep this.. She would look so beautiful in it if she ever got married to Rayek... I sighed looking over other collections. Our fathers Chinese drawings. He was artistic, his drawings looked earthy, the more I saw, it was just like his writing. and fencing. elegant, fluid yet with force. But very cultural from our world. I read over some of the older love letters when one caught my eye. a photo of my mother, alone in a strange place. however the placement caught my eye. I took my map and looked over it and at the photo. Unless I was getting tired, it looked like the destination. There were people all around her in a strange natural setting. Faeries. commuting behind her. I left the attic like I had found it, but once again taking something that had belonged to the past. Its all I had to go on. and all I wished to understand. I sighed walking down the hall to my room. rubbing my eyes as I entered my room, but quickly was rushed inside, almost screaming as i felt a hand over my mouth. I panicked till I saw who was there. Payne, Rayek's little brother. He smirked lowering his hand over my mouth and slowly wrapped his arms around my waist. "P-Payne.. What are you doing here?" I blessed the night for it being dark. I felt my cheeks flaring, but water droplets from his hair dampened and cooled my face. "shhh... I wanted to see you." I smiled, but shook my head, taking his hands and sitting him on my bed. pulling the covers around his body and hair, whispering to him "how did you get here? I thought you were still grounded." I sat next to him, looking across to seeing Aimi winking at me. My cheeks flooded with a red hue as she pointed to the opened window. and out she left the room. I heard the footsteps descending downstairs as he held me under the blanket. "I had some help." he smiled, down at me. He was a year older, and already taller then me. "Why did you get grounded this time?" It really was dark, but as I looked up at his face I almost could see a hue of red on his face. as he motioned for me to turn, which with some hesitation, turned away. A few seconds passed till a shiny object hung over my face then down, touching my skin with a cold sensation. I looked down to a tiny heart locket that was golden. Purple crystals dimly glittered as he closed the clasp and pulled my closer, my back leaning against his chest as he opened the locket. with a picture of him and me. one of me that I had never seen. I was sitting, looking up at the sky. while in his he was facing, centered. his long brown hair barley touching his shoulder. his grin he has when he is doing something probably either bad or clever. I felt his hair tickle the side of my face, then his warm breath against my ear "I couldn't wait to give you this.. and My dad almost returned it till I took it back.. I kind of used his credit card.." I smiled, rolling my eyes. Bad AND clever. "I wanted to give you this on your birthday.. But something told me earlier." I didn't know how to react. it was a grand spontaneous gift. Normal people use Thank you, but I found it insulting.. I couldn't do that. I took his hand. "Come here, Your staying in the guest room for the night. I cant let you leave." His eyes widened. a light chuckle as he kissed the top of my head. "I can't stay. If I do I'll get in more trouble." I turned and looked at him "But if you go, it will be another occasion where I got you sick or hurt." "Ino, this isn't your fault. Not that I wouldn't want to stay, but the faster I get un-grounded. The faster I can see you again. Get some rest." He kissed my forehead. he started going down the window before I stopped him "wait please.." He looked at me, as I grabbed a photo of me and my parents. I gave it to him. "Keep this safe for me. Okay?" He smiled. sitting on the window he pulled out his leather wallet and put it inside, and back inside his pants. "anything for you." and off he went like Robin hood. I put the photos away and watched him run off into the stormy rainy night. I continued to watch long after he was no longer insight, as Aimi came and greeted me with a hot chocolate. I sipped, and she begged me for the answer. I told her only that he gave me a gift, and we drifted off to sleep.
The next day was a blur, seeing how things went. I went out to meet April at the lake, She was already waiting on my hill with a blanket laid out and her patched purse. I sat with her as the lake glistened in the background with water that seemed quite clear. I handed her the map, and photos which she examined as i rummaged into her purse pulling out a nutella sandwhich and juice. "I have a few questions, one, where did you find this and two where does this exactly lead? it doesn't seem like it was made recently" I explained how i found it in the boarded up room and how it also appears to be written by my mom, Which from the direction its leading to another town when you take a normal map of today and align them together. "So lets say we go. We somehow manage to get money for this, avoid cops because we would practically run away, I might get away with it but Kahvi would be searching for you over hell and high water, and manage to avoid all that. We get there and what do we even look for? All it is is a map that says to go there, and it said to come to me? Your mother has been dead for ten years, and if this was written by her, then why didn't she come back?" I paused, perplexed. "I know... two thirteen year old's and a wolf..." April looked at me with a sigh, knowing how lost I was "There's a chance that she left us something to find. Shes probably dead, but if this leads us to a place or someone who has answers, we can find out what we are. How many more of us are there, if they know about even your origins or mine. If we get passed it, we can find everything we been troubled by." April looked at me with eyes of hope and wonder, but with a half smile with doubt. "Still it would be hard to find a way to get around cops and people calling us in. How do you think we get around that?" I thought for a bit.. "well.. we can avoid heavily residential areas and public areas, and traveling at night would also reduce chance run ins with cops. and at night its dark, you have more ample opportunities to hide. and we would have Haily. She can hear better then us and can alert us when she hears a car, giving us enough time to hide." April paused, thinking about the words I formulated. "that could work,... And what do we do when we get there?" "well from what it looks like, its leading us to more open country, the town is right next to a forest. so what we can do is look for any local history about folk tales and of that nature. and the forest we can camp out and sleep there since we are underage for a motel. We can't use any credit cards because they can track them. so we will have to carry cash if we can save some up." April snorted "Or I can 'barrow' from my lovely mother. We will also have to travel pretty light if we are to walk. I have a plan also for how we can go... missing effectively giving us enough time ahead." I grinned. "good. Then lets get started."

It was a few days later As I packed up a backpack. I told Kahvi the day before I would head over to April's as she went to work. I watched her leave in my pj's, careful not to wear anything I would be traveling in. I considered leaving letters under everyone's pillows. but that would ruin the much needed time I would need. I packed a water bottle with water, and some disposable ones along with it. clothes, any loose change, a blanket, umbrella, Flash light, dry food and some other commodities. I patted Haily to wake up. "Its time. C'mon." she whined, stretching as she looked up at me. Her looks of a little nervousness "You sure you want to do this?" "I am. Its the only way we will ever get any answers. We took a once over, looking at the house like we haven't seen it for the first time. Maybe it would be our last. I took in every painting, photo, wall and furniture. we headed downstairs where Yuni was playing video games with her friend. She glanced over, not really paying to much attention. "Hey Ino! You wanna play?" I smiled, though guilt in my stomach. She has always been the closest to me. I really only give her attention. "Nah, I am going over Aprils for a few days." Careful enough not to make any false promises. "aww fine, maybe later then." I swallowed and almost wanted to scream. "Goodbye Yuni. I love you." "bye! Love ya too!" and with that, me and Haily walked out. I didn't look back as I walked away from the house. my moods storming inside. I knew as I walked away, just about the house disappearing behind other houses, and buildings. turning off street to street, still not looking back and avoiding any place where loved ones may be. we left and met up at April's apartment. me and Haily shifted through the piles of boxes, bottles, clothes, and other mishaps. quickly changing from pj's to traveling clothes. wearing a basic white tee shirt, jeans and new sneakers. kicking off my old ones. as April did the same. "well, we have about Five hundred thirty five dollars and thirty three cents to adventure with. after that, any bright ideas are open for debate. However, we are not getting any motels, being we are kids and they will alert authorities. We sleep in the woods, so sleeping bags will be your best friend. and we will have to alternate throughout the nights. one being awake and the other asleep. we cant trust no one, and nothing is guaranteed. No junk food is to be bought, only food we can survive off of. so try to stay towards the healthy and protein oriented foods. Never are we to split up since we are not allowed to have any form of phones and electronic devices that can trace our steps. Do I make myself clear?" April commanded. me and Haily shared our glances and shook our heads "we agree." April took a sterner look at Haily. glaring at her "You sure you agree?" Haily whimpered and stuttered. "Y-yes ma'am.. I mean April... I mean yes. yes I agree!" April smiled. satisfied. "alright. We have a excuse for a 24-36 hour period before the authorities are on our tail. we need to get as far as possible quickly within this safe period. then we would have to avoid towns and cops unless unavoidable and or we reach our destination. we will use mostly buses and transportation today. after that we will have to walk or bike everywhere. better off biking and probably using a disguise." I nodded. April and I left our bikes at her complex for this reason. though we will have to walk and take breaks for Haily not to over run herself. "Alright. we wasted enough time blabbing. time to get a move on girls. To getting answers, and a lot of future headaches and regrettable moments." I rolled my eyes and smiled. we headed down and got our bikes, and we rode them to the bus stop. waiting on the bus for about ten minutes drove on like a century. this will be the last time in a long time I will be in my home town. I felt a tug on my hand as April gave me a small smile. knowing how my nerves are. She moved so much, I wonder how she has such strength, but I sighed. right now is hardly the time. I fiddled with my locket, my stomach lurching. the bus finally came, and April boarded on, and fallowed Ino and Haily. Slowly, their town faded into the distance.

Edited By Seakelpie on 4/20/2018 at 2:09 AM.

This Page loaded in 0.008 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.