Statistics updated daily at midnight
Forum Index > General Discussion > Guilt Feelings
Page 1  
Author Thread Post
Knickknacks
Level 25
Threads: 3
Posted: 4/15/2018 at 11:28 AM Post #1
So I just completed the boss battle in Fungus Grove, right?

When we confronted the Cereth-whats-his-face and I was given the option to negotiate or attack, I chose negotiate. Normally Id be like heck no Im not betraying the fairies man but I chose negotiate because i thought I might hear something else of interest/use. But nope- apparently negotiate=immediately spill the beans, to which the boss was just like oh thanks now kill them.

And now I feel bad because upon completing the quest the Queen was like we are disappointed in you for spilling the beans on us and I was like oh no gosh I didnt mean it sorry

I thought there would be another option, like, tell him what he wants to know or nah nevermind fight instead.

So yeah. Oops.
Karenza
Level 70
High Warlord
Threads: 59
Posted: 4/15/2018 at 3:34 PM Post #2
I went through something like this myself with the storyline, except in a much saltier form.

I don't remember exactly where in the story it happens, (I think in the Nightfall Bandit Camp?) so if you or anyone reading this isn't there yet, I'll spoil-guard it.

And it's also possible that I'm remembering details wrong, because I did the story like, four or five years ago. It's been long enough for me believe I have a margin of error. Hopefully not, though.

*Spoilers and salt, highlight to read*
There's a point where you need to choose between helping Esior's Haven's Sheriff Thyrm in battle, and saving captured Jinxie. Earlier in the story, I am explicitly told that I need to protect Jinxie, that I can't let the enemies take her, etc. It's noted that Thyrm is outnumbered, but it didn't implicate that his life is in danger. He's a seasoned Sheriff, my thought process was that he can handle himself until I get Jinxie, and then I can help him out. Because I have to protect Jinxie no matter what, because that's what I was told to do.

So I go for Jinxie, go through a battle to get at her, save her, and come back to Sheriff Thyrm, except he's DEAD. And I get treated like a criminal because I let him die, "Here's your reward, now get out of here because we hate you, you're the worst, don't ever come back!"

That outcome made me angry, because I felt like it was unfair to punish me for not knowing that the Sheriff's life was in danger if I didn't help him right then and there, especially after the importance they placed on prioritizing Jinxie's safety. I genuinely believed that if I didn't save Jinxie first, the enemies were going to get away with her, and then the world would be doomed, because Jinxie's been made out to be just that special. I would have appreciated some kind of line like 'he won't last much longer alone' or something to establish that he was in immediate mortal peril, so I could actually have the awareness that he was going to die if I didn't help him.

*End of spoilers*

In short, I felt like I had been mislead into making a decidedly wrong decision by the story context, and I got salty about it.
Katelynn4545
Level 71
The Artistic
Threads: 345
Posted: 4/15/2018 at 4:33 PM Post #3
I killed the sheriff on accident.....

This Page loaded in 0.007 seconds.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | Credits | Job Opportunities
© Copyright 2011-2024 Sylestia Games LLC.
All names and logos associated with Sylestia are Trademarks of Sylestia Games LLC.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
For questions, comments, or concerns please email at Support@Sylestia.com.